Romeo Langford

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Time to visit IU ! 

I agree.  More time to make that happen. 

Also, I'm glad the Vandy boys were in town so their visit will be subconsciously associated with doom, gloom, and a loss.  

Archie and staff were in town for happiness, sunshine, rainbows, and a regional championship. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, A-hOhL said:

I agree.  More time to make that happen. 

Also, I'm glad the Vandy boys were in town so their visit will be subconsciously associated with doom, gloom, and a loss.  

Archie and staff were in town for happiness, sunshine, rainbows, and a regional championship. 

HA. HA. On me.  I nearly posted..... Romeo.... "come on down".... before I realized NA is South of B-town.  So, I posted : "Time to visit IU".  Instead.  :P

6 minutes ago, BEKA said:

Shannon should have/could have iced that possession with one of his remaining timeouts. Heartbreaking. 

I thought they made a mistake trying to kill the clock with Langford having the ball. He was being chased by 2-3 guys. Should have had East hold the ball, and then get it to Langford with about 10 seconds left. They put Langford in a bad spot on that last offensive possession. 

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Watched the 2nd half. Was really my first time seeing Langford play. First, he’s clearly an incredible player. Kid can flat out score. 

Second, is he always that nonchalant defensively? He was basically just standing around straight up and down defensively, even on the final possession when his man went the length of the court for the game winner at the buzzer. 

Offensively he’s a phenomenal talent. He isn’t a very aggressive player defensively and part of that is due to him being very conservative. 

Just now, BGleas said:

I thought they made a mistake trying to kill the clock with Langford having the ball. He was being chased by 2-3 guys. Should have had East hold the ball, and then get it to Langford with about 10 seconds left. They put Langford in a bad spot on that last offensive possession. 

Agreed. Coaching down the stretch was a little shaky. Romeo was getting double/triple teamed most of the second half. You have to find a way to get him out of those situations. To be fair though, no one from NA was handling the ball particularly well. If Romeo hits his free throws, this turns out different. 

1 minute ago, Danomatic said:

Offensively he’s a phenomenal talent. He isn’t a very aggressive player defensively and part of that is due to him being very conservative. 

I get it too, he’s probably trying to avoid foul trouble too. He did have three fouls. But, it didn’t even seem conservative to me, he was basically just standing there and walking around defensively. 

20 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Exactly why he needs to be coached by CAM....

McHoop

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I would guess because they only have 1 visit left. 

I figure that as well lol. Guess I'm also wondering if they are out watching other players. Didn't sound like anyone is watching Damezi play today, and obviously Rob, TJD, KBJ seasons' are over. Maybe traveling to see Hunter or Forrester? I can't imagine Archie just sitting around watching March Madness. 

So, if Romeo really does plan on one more visit to campus, maybe the timing is good. Spring is finally springing, IHSAA tournament run is over, and IUB's campus can't be beat when the daffodils and greenery come to life. Of course, the drunk driver that smashed up the Sample Gates the other night...may want to take him through the old part of campus on another route. >:(

6 minutes ago, BEKA said:

So, if Romeo really does plan on one more visit to campus, maybe the timing is good. Spring is finally springing, IHSAA tournament run is over, and IUB's campus can't be beat when the daffodils and greenery come to life. Of course, the drunk driver that smashed up the Sample Gates the other night...may want to take him through the old part of campus on another route. >:(

How about the babes in bikinis???  :$

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

IMO I don’t see how Romeo doesn’t choose us! Iu all the way! Special season next year 

I know, I just don’t see how you turn down all the love the state has been showing him. 

It would be amazing if Archie can land Langford and Taylor from Evansville, and we get Morgan back. It could be a great season, and really get that ball rolling down hill for the program. 

As an Indiana high school assistant coach, nothing can prepare you for the next level or life in general like state basketball tournament play. There’s simply no other comparison. Not AAU, nothing. Crowds are loud and crazy, kids play tough as nails. 

Romeo will be a fine defender in college, esp if he opts for CAM’s system. My guess is that would be the summer work focus...for others as well. 

2 hours ago, cohete15 said:

I enjoyed this...

Per Rabjohns...

Vandy coach Bryce Drew and his staff were put up on the third level, corner spot.

Last Saturday, Archie Miller and his staff sat center court behind the scorer's table.

Didn't someone tell me Seymour wasn't in charge of tickets though? It was with such an absolute tone.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I know, I just don’t see how you turn down all the love the state has been showing him. 

It would be amazing if Archie can land Langford and Taylor from Evansville, and we get Morgan back. It could be a great season, and really get that ball rolling down hill for the program. 

I completely agree. That would build some serious momentum for our program. And I believe that we could contend starting next year... not just in the B1G, but nationally as well.

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't someone tell me Seymour wasn't in charge of tickets though? It was with such an absolute tone.

You're still wrong lol.. read my post. I literally said NEW ALBANY IS NOT IN CHARGE OF SEATING. Hahaha Seymour on the other hand, yeah... they are. No clue what you're trying to prove. Sorry I know something,  so I did say it in absolute certainty why can't you understand that?

Edit- this is gold.. You went back 10 pages just to be wrong, again. 

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Did the Taylor kid from Evansville play HS ball in Indiana?  If, so that would help in sending Indiana kids the message that if you’re from Indiana then IU Is THE  place to play college basketball.

26 minutes ago, psychobat said:

Did the Taylor kid from Evansville play HS ball in Indiana?  If, so that would help in sending Indiana kids the message that if you’re from Indiana then IU Is THE  place to play college basketball.

Yes.. although idk if it's an IHSAA sanctioned school. 

Archived