Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, BEKA said:

Shannon should have/could have iced that possession with one of his remaining timeouts. Heartbreaking. 

And a foul to give if I heard it right on the radio. Coaching lost that one. He should have called timeout on the last possession before the turnover.

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Maybe Shannon should have called a TO... but should he expect his top 5 player in the country to turn it over there? 

Also.. do we really believe someone with 600 career wins told his team not to foul there? 

A top 5 player in the NBA would throw the ball away if the opposing teams defense was swarming them the way Warren Central's was swarming Romeo. He was double and triple teamed every time he touched the ball on that possession. I don't care if you are a top 5 player or a unrated player, a top coach calls a timeout when he sees one of his players in trouble. If you can call a timeout in the middle of a play where your pg knocks down a 3 and the timeout erases the 3, then you call a timeout when your player is trapped every time he touches the ball. 

18 hours ago, cohete15 said:

I enjoyed this...

Per Rabjohns...

Vandy coach Bryce Drew and his staff were put up on the third level, corner spot.

Last Saturday, Archie Miller and his staff sat center court behind the scorer's table.

Home court advantage.

18 minutes ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

A top 5 player in the NBA would throw the ball away if the opposing teams defense was swarming them the way Warren Central's was swarming Romeo. He was double and triple teamed every time he touched the ball on that possession. I don't care if you are a top 5 player or a unrated player, a top coach calls a timeout when he sees one of his players in trouble. If you can call a timeout in the middle of a play where your pg knocks down a 3 and the timeout erases the 3, then you call a timeout when your player is trapped every time he touches the ball. 

Now we're questioning if Jim Shannon is a top coach lol

9 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Soooo, now that Romeo is finished with H.S., he has some extra free time. When will the IU visit be?  How much will he be contacted by all 3 schools? Will an announcement date change? Will any news leak.....or will he stay the course?

As they say in the soap operas....... "Stay Tuned"

Regardless of what RL decides, it is clear that great recruits never guarantee anything when it comes to the tourney. MSU sure had some great recruits and still will end the year not even making the Sweet 16, and Bridges never took them over the top.

1 hour ago, IUDan93 said:

Regardless of what RL decides, it is clear that great recruits never guarantee anything when it comes to the tourney. MSU sure had some great recruits and still will end the year not even making the Sweet 16, and Bridges never took them over the top.

Very true...upsets happen every year, but man this year has been eye opening. I think this shift has been happening gradually and the mid-major "upsets" are here to stay. Tourney is such a crapshoot of possibilities 

1 minute ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Rick Bolus

@HPBlueChip

A close source to the New Albany basketball team predicted to me today that 6-5 senior Romeo Langford will attend Indiana University!

9:40 PM · Mar 17, 2018              We can only hope. 

Is he a somebody in the recruiting world? Be still my beating heart lol

9 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Rick Bolus

@HPBlueChip

A close source to the New Albany basketball team predicted to me today that 6-5 senior Romeo Langford will attend Indiana University!

I love the nugget of information, but "predicted" is a word that many pro IU sources have either said or are thinking. I sure hope this info is true!!!!! I am curious if this is some of the "leak" info that I mentioned last week in regards to Romeo's extra time off after the loss?

21 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Rick Bolus

@HPBlueChip

Who is this guy that is reporting this.

Archived