Romeo Langford

Mom and Dad have been mentioned as strong IU leans. They know they will continue to be local favorites if RL chooses IU. If he chooses to play elsewhere, they will become yesterday's news. If all goes according to plan, RL will make his fortunes in the NBA in the near future, and New Albany will be a place he comes home for an occasional Holiday. Have you ever seen anything not go according to plan?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL...sorry to rain on the parade, DJ. It's not that I DON'T think he's coming to IU. I just remember Jeffries going to bed as a Blue Devil and waking up as a Hoosier.

I love what I'm hearing and I think in the end, IU makes a ton of sense for him, but I'm content to watch this roller coaster from the parking lot.  You know what too long on the ride gets you...

(I spared you from the picture I was tempted to upload...)

Hopefully, Romeo got some time to watch the March Madness games and after watching only 3 out of the top ten recruiting classes this year advance to the sweet 16, and elite coaches like Roy Williams, Sean Miller, Tony Bennett get absolutely destroyed by lesser opponents, realized that you could have all the advantages in the world and still not win. Maybe he'll consider the fact that the only thing that is guaranteed with his decision is him making a long-lasting impact on the IU program and cementing his legendary status in his home state. 

5 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I have a feeling people’s impatience (mine included) are really gonna be ramped up in the coming days/weeks! I’m curious to see how De’Ron would benefit from Romeo and/or Taylor?

Having Langford and/or Taylor will definitely help spacing our offense and give our big guys more room to operate, but I'm more curious how well Davis and Morgan play together next season since Davis is a space-eater type. 

13 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I have a feeling people’s impatience (mine included) are really gonna be ramped up in the coming days/weeks! I’m curious to see how De’Ron would benefit from Romeo and/or Taylor?

Speaking to this do we expect a shift in his decision date now that his season is over?

32 minutes ago, Jacarcio said:

Speaking to this do we expect a shift in his decision date now that his season is over?

I don’t believe so. It only ended a week sooner than anticipated. He was still waiting until the All Star games were over before announcing, which is good for us.

43 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Still hearing the same as before.  As the Philly fans say....trust the process. Very pro-IU vibe and it’s increasing around the state and country.  Watch Jerry meyers crystal ball, I’d bet it changes in the next week or so.

Thank you for all of the information you provide for us. 

57 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

A buddy of mine from work told me that while his dad was on vacation in Mexico he met a big Kansas fan and the guy didn’t even know who Romeo was.  Unbelievable. 

I think Kansas is a fading 3rd to be honest.  Not only are they a long way from home, they still need to explain a freshman in a single car accident allegedly with his own Lamborghini. I don't think Romeo wants to go anywhere where there is a question as to whether a team will be eligible for the postseason from a rules standpoint.  Right now there are lots of distractions for the NCAA, but at some point, I can't imagine there aren't some pretty uncomfortable questions about how Billy Preston, a self-described Los Angeles street kid, came to own his own Lambo as a Kansas freshman.  Ultimately, Self decided to cut his losses and Preston is playing overseas.  Preston is gone but eligibility/violation questions remain:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755136-billy-preston-how-a-future-1st-rd-nba-draft-pick-at-kansas-ended-up-in-bosnia

https://deadspin.com/kansas-freshman-billy-preston-suspended-for-crashing-ca-1820456543

http://rebrn.com/re/billy-preston-will-not-play-tonight-for-kansas-3701338/

If you look at the 24/7 link I posted earlier, they have Kansas a rung below IU & Vandy in interest.  Maybe that changes if Kansas wins it all, but right now, the visible evidence puts Kansas in 3rd place.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Have I found the right thread for this link ?    LOL

Romeo Langford decision: How the superstar fits at Kansas, Indiana, and Vanderbilt 

"The addition of Langford would easily push Vanderbilt onto the short-list of contenders to win the 2019 National Championship."

Uhhhh...no.  

As much as I like Romeo as a player and as a person, I find that statement absolutely laughable.  What evidence, beyond the unproven potential of the incoming class, is there to suggest that this is even remotely likely?  Drew's body of work this season should give exactly no one confidence that such a lofty prediction is realistic.  One of the two incoming 5-star freshmen has a serious health question that has sidelined him for months.  At best, he'll be rusty. At worst, his athleticism will be diminished by said serious injury.  Vanderbilt literally has an excellent incoming point guard with zero college experience, an unproven supporting cast and a coach with a very pedestrian (31-36) track record in his two seasons at Vanderbilt.  How that translates from dead last in the SEC into immediate title contenders is beyond my comprehension.

58 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

"The addition of Langford would easily push Vanderbilt onto the short-list of contenders to win the 2019 National Championship."

Uhhhh. no.  

As much as I like Romeo as a player and as a person, I find that statement absolutely laughable.  What evidence, beyond the unproven potential of the incoming class, is there to suggest that this is even remotely likely?  Drew's body of work this season should give exactly no one confidence that such a lofty prediction is realistic.  One of the two incoming 5-star freshmen has a serious health question that has sidelined him for months.  At best, he'll be rusty. At worst, his athleticism will be diminished by said serious injury.  Vanderbilt literally has an excellent incoming point guard with zero college experience, an unproven supporting cast and a coach with a very pedestrian (31-36) track record in his two seasons at Vanderbilt.  How that translates from dead last in the SEC into immediate title contenders is beyond my comprehension.

Wow, guess I shouldn't click on the link to the article if the author believes that. I mean Vandy was TERRIBLE this year and Drew is not a good coach. Sure, consider them safely in the tourney but a front-runner to win it all? Come on....

7 minutes ago, Dalman said:

Billy Preston was driving a used Dodge Charger, not a Lamborghini. No doubt something is/was fishy with Preston, but the Lamborghini made me laugh. 

Where did you find that?  I Googled all over the place and couldn't find anything to verify what kind of car it was.

Archived