Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

A buddy of mine from work told me that while his dad was on vacation in Mexico he met a big Kansas fan and the guy didn’t even know who Romeo was.  Unbelievable. 

Very true and the biggest reason is this. Duke, Kentucky, Kansas get 2-3 Romeo's ( 5 star types not top overall) every class. We are begging for 1. Shows how much ground we still have to make up but I think getting Romeo can start that momentum for future classes.

41 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Any truth to the rumor that Romeo is waiting to see what Morgan does?  That's the latest i heard today as the reason for the hold up.

IIRC, the time that Romeo has to sign by, is before the time period the kids can test the waters and decide to stay in or come back.  He wouldn’t be able to know in time, by the time he has to sign his LOI.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Very true and the biggest reason is this. Duke, Kentucky, Kansas get 2-3 Romeo's ( 5 star types not top overall) every class. We are begging for 1. Shows how much ground we still have to make up but I think getting Romeo can start that momentum for future classes.

That's true, but it was also one random Kansas fan - not all fans follow recruiting. A little different for us because Romeo is an all-time in-state great as well.

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Any truth to the rumor that Romeo is waiting to see what Morgan does?  That's the latest i heard today as the reason for the hold up.

Pretty sure Morgan already told the staff and returning players he’s returning.  I’ll have to double check that but I believe that’s what I was told.

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

So he is waiting until potentially May? You are beyond ridiculous with the crap you come up with. 

24 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

So he is waiting until May? You are beyond ridiculous with the crap you come up with. 

To be fair, there is a rumor out there to that effect, saying that RL knows he'll be playing with talented players at KU regardless of who goes or stays and that "If he knows the chances of coming in with Morgan are high, IU looks A LOT more appealing ".  But you are correct that the deadline for staying in the draft is later than Romeo's "decision window".

What we don't know is what would be Juwan Morgan's criteria for staying or jumping - he might share that with RL, but who knows.

2 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

To be fair, there is a rumor out there to that effect, saying that RL knows he'll be playing with talented players at KU regardless of who goes or stays and that "If he knows the chances of coming in with Morgan are high, IU looks A LOT more appealing ".  But you are correct that the deadline for staying in the draft is later than Romeo's "decision window".

What we don't know is what would be Juwan Morgan's criteria for staying or jumping - he might be share that with RL, but who knows.

We also know the guy who posted that has no sources but likes to word things to seem like he does. He isn't hearing anything; he is speculating and trying to connect dots to seem like he knows something. 

Whether the source of the rumor has any real insight aside, in this instance dbm was not the originator of the gloom or speculation this time.  As to what is rumored, I think that guy has some contact with various people related to the program, but you're correct the statement about RL & JM is totally obvious to everyone.

I just received a new piece of information, well 2 peices.:

- Romeo is worried about the fan backlash...from Vandy.  The 6 people on the Vandy fan club are vowing to hold a sign in front of New Albany High School over the summer in protest.  This would be embarrassing for everyone involved.  

- Romeo is waiting to see where Morgan is going on Spring Break.  If it someplace really cool then he is going to IU.  If it is Branson or French Lick, Vandy wins out.  Fortunately, this should be known any day now so we don't have long to wait.

Just giving you the information I heard on another board, don't shoot the messenger!

20 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

I just received a new piece of information, well 2 peices.:

- Romeo is worried about the fan backlash...from Vandy.  The 6 people on the Vandy fan club are vowing to hold a sign in front of New Albany High School over the summer in protest.  This would be embarrassing for everyone involved.  

- Romeo is waiting to see where Morgan is going on Spring Break.  If it someplace really cool then he is going to IU.  If it is Branson or French Lick, Vandy wins out.  Fortunately, this should be known any day now so we don't have long to wait.

Just giving you the information I heard on another board, don't shoot the messenger!

What's not cool about French Lick? :snack:

Morgan is a fantastic player but realistically I can't see any way he leaves early, strictly because his size.  Another year of packing muscle on, and being a potential 1st team all bigten, and he will get a chance.

Can't see that being a factor for Romeo.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

You don't think he will even go through the process to get evaluated.

I suspect he'll take the free look to see what the pros think he needs to work on, but I do expect he'll ultimately come back and work on his draft stock.

12 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I suspect he'll take the free look to see what the pros think he needs to work on, but I do expect he'll ultimately come back and work on his draft stock.

I think he'll come back too but you never know.  All it takes is one idiot GM giving him a promise that he'll be drafted.  See Kirk Haston and DJ White.  We all knew they were never going to be good enough to play in the NBA but a GM was stupid enough to waste a 1st round pick on both.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think he'll come back too but you never know.  All it takes is one idiot GM giving him a promise that he'll be drafted.  See Kirk Haston and DJ White.  We all knew they were never going to be good enough to play in the NBA but a GM was stupid enough to waste a 1st round pick on both.

Haston was a mid 1st round draft pick and DJ was a late 1st rounder so those are pretty terrible examples. If you can get drafted in the first round I think you should leave or get a very healthy insurance policy in the event of an injury. That being said, Morgan isn't going to get drafted in either round so imo he should go talk to GMs and see what if anything he can do to improve his stock next year and see if he can play his way in for 2019

Archived