Romeo Langford

The twitter world being..... well, the twitter world.

"I hate reporting rumors, but hearing some major rumblings from boosters and New Albany students in Bloomington that it’s a done deal. Romeo Langford to IU. Juwan Morgan + GF attending the school the major x factor for the decision. #iubb"

Full disclaimer : I don't know who this is.  Nor do I have any connection.  Still undecided is the last I have gotten. 

Generally, over the years, when I hear "done deal", I take it with a huge grain of salt. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

"I hate reporting rumors, but hearing some major rumblings from boosters and New Albany students in Bloomington that it’s a done deal. Romeo Langford to IU. Juwan Morgan + GF attending the school the major x factor for the decision. #iubb"

Full disclaimer : I don't know who this is.  Nor do I have any connection.  Still undecided is the last I have gotten. 

Generally, over the years, when I hear "done deal", I take it with a huge grain of salt. 

Reading through the tweets doesn't seem connected. That tweet specifically is contradictory saying he hates reporting rumors, but he's still reporting a rumor. If he hears major rumblings from boosters, then it wouldn't be as much of a rumor as from booster sources wouldn't it? What do New Albany students in Bloomington know anyway? The GF rumor has been debated for months now, and still haven't heard anything conclusive that she's there and not somewhere in KY playing volleyball. Hard pass on what he's selling for me.

5 minutes ago, Jacarcio said:

That won't get updated until the morning of the decision when everyone is reporting the school hes going to lol

It probably won’t get updated until within the hour haha - but in all seriousness, if we land Romeo we have the potential to have a special season. Certainly top 20, and one of the favorites in conference 

16 hours ago, Dalman said:

Billy Preston was driving a used Dodge Charger, not a Lamborghini. No doubt something is/was fishy with Preston, but the Lamborghini made me laugh. 

This doesn't sound right.  Guy is in europe now because of a used dodge charger?

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah. I wouldn't put much stock in an anonymous Twitter-person who has been on the platform for less than a year and has a total of 17 followers. Methinks this is some merry prankster. 

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think he'll come back too but you never know.  All it takes is one idiot GM giving him a promise that he'll be drafted.  See Kirk Haston and DJ White.  We all knew they were never going to be good enough to play in the NBA but a GM was stupid enough to waste a 1st round pick on both.

Kirk Haston was drafted mid-first round because he was a big that could shoot College 3 Pointers and he entered the draft the same summer NBA started to allow teams to play zone defense. So Haston was basically drafted as a zone buster, but zone defense never took off in the NBA. 

Just now, CrimsonV said:

I’m hearing Sean East has been offered a preferred walk on, but can’t confirm.  Can anyone help me out with this potential good news?

That was mentioned maybe a week ago, but we never saw the story get any legs here.  Supposedly that announcement was imminent but it never happened.

Heard Jeff Rabjohns say on Kent Sterling that he talked to Tim Langford after the NA loss... says that they are still planning on visiting IU, finishing up the all-star games, and then announcing in Mid/Late April. Also mentioned it would be a big surprise for Louisville to be added back on Romeo's list even if Chris Mack took it because Mack and the Langford's have no prior relationship at all.  

7 minutes ago, Nesquik1 said:

Yeah major chatter on the Louisville boards are that the Langford’s will give Louisville another serious look once they’ve hired a new coach. 

Just read on another forum where Tim Langford was interviewed by Jeff Rabjohns and said it would be surprising to see UL added to Romeo’s list when asked specifically about Mack taking the job.  He said there is no relationship established.

Edit:  just noticed it was here.  Never mind.

39 minutes ago, Nesquik1 said:

Yeah major chatter on the Louisville boards are that the Langford’s will give Louisville another serious look once they’ve hired a new coach. 

That's a Louisville fantasy.  If Romeo liked Mack, Xavier would have been in his final four.  I'm going to assume Romeo would like to play in the NCAA tournament as well.  That ain't happening at Louisville.

Tim Langford set out a plan last year in terms of a time table for Romeo.  For instance, not to make a decision, nor announcement until Spring..... unless Romeo felt strongly about one school over another.  The plan has gone accordingly.  It is now Spring.  Still no announcement.  And personally, I feel still no definitive decision as well. Still in an evaluation period.... hence a proposed one last visit to IU.... albeit for academic and facility purposes.

Second.  Another thing Tim has said consistently, is they wanted to take the time to evaluate the coaches.  Which they have. I have not, to the best of my recollection read anything about playing with others players..... other than Romeo saying that when you get to college, you are playing with good players regardless of where you are playing.

Lastly... the thing about re-considering Louisville, at least to me.... sounds baseless, based on what Tim has said about taking time to evaluate coaches.  How can you evaluate a coach who is not even coaching a team at a school he may be coming to ?

I have no inside info. But with all the love given with the IU chants this young man is coming to IU! If not why go visit IU  again !!!  I wish to thank Mile and the rest who have some inside info for their thoughts!  We are the best  place for the young man! GO IU

2 hours ago, Nesquik1 said:

Bwahaha!   Delusional.  UL is Chernobyl-esque....

McHoop

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Don't have a rivals account but saw on Vandy's that there is a thread titled, "Guys I got bad news on Romeo today- very reliable source." I'm assuming it's sarcasm and just something dumb on the internet they wanted to share but who knows lol. 

Well Boo-Hoo, let me call the Wambulance!!!

I still have a bad taste after the Garland fiasco so I'd like nothing more than to stick it to 'em, just my opinion.....

Archived