Romeo Langford

49 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah. Word on the street is a Vandy in-home, after the visit to IU. 

My understanding is that any visit at this point has to be a team/school sanctioned event. I could be wrong, but I remember reading this somewhere after NA lost and we still had a visit left on the table. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a new thing I picked up from Mr. Langford was that Archie was going to use a final visit to see NA at the state championships. Now that NA has been eliminated, Archie can use that visit at another time. So Vandy may not get the last in-home visit after all. I may be wrong on this but that is what it sounded like as a possibility.

5 minutes ago, INDenizen said:

So a new thing I picked up from Mr. Langford was that Archie was going to use a final visit to see NA at the state championships. Now that NA has been eliminated, Archie can use that visit at another time. So Vandy may not get the last in-home visit after all. I may be wrong on this but that is what it sounded like as a possibility.

That would be a nice position to be in.  You get last chance to be the campus he sees and then you get last chance to put your best foot forward as coach.

I think if we had Miller in place a year or two sooner than we did, that this would be a done deal right now.

I really don't think the Langfords' will want an in home with CAM. They will be sitting down with him in Btown in a few weeks, so there really would be no point. I would bet that Self and Drew will both get in homes after his IU visit. That may be why the time was pushed back. With Kansas still playing, Self hasn't had a chance to see any of RL's games in the IHSAA Tourney. If he does get a last in home, there is much reason for wringing of hands. Let's hope KU craps the bed in the Tournament, sooner than later.

25 minutes ago, ColtsIUDomer said:

At this stage, In-Home visits seem pointless to me.  I can see the on campus visit, if some academic questions (you'd think those would be wrapped up too). But what could possibly be added or stroked at an In-Home that hasn't already been shown or said by now.   

Image result for begging gif

This is what Drew will be adding at the in-home...

54 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

He picked Kansas to go to the Final Four.  It’s over!!!

The co-hosts discussion after the interview where they said when Tim said he looks forward to seeing Romeo in March Madness next year, they should have said unless he picks Vandy. Too bad they didn't have the balls to say it during the interview. Haha. 

58 minutes ago, ColtsIUDomer said:

At this stage, In-Home visits seem pointless to me.  I can see the on campus visit, if some academic questions (you'd think those would be wrapped up too). But what could possibly be added or stroked at an In-Home that hasn't already been shown or said by now.   

That's my feeling as well.  You know that in addition to previous, in-person visits, there has been ongoing contact by phone or text.  After romancing the recruit for many months, the only purpose would be to have one final opportunity for the "hard sell".  I can see where that would be a turn off to the parents and possibly even the recruit himself. 

9 minutes ago, BtownBallers said:

Since Archie has the extra visit on Romeo does that mean he can go to the McDonalds All American game to watch him and other burger boys play?

That could be a good use of the extra visit if CAM doesn’t plan on visiting him in home again. 

No. Coaches aren't allowed at the showcase games.

Archived