Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

We all do but Romeo needs to make a decision.  There is absolutely nothing that he knows now that he didn't know month's ago.

There's several things he doesn't know.  For example....

- Who on Kansas is going pro

- Where Sean East is going to college

There is something WE have known all along.  And, that is he was going to wait until the spring signing period.  So, why are we putting the blame on him for not announcing yet.  Maybe we should blame our own selfishness for needing to know now.

Story after story after story has been linked in this thread that discusses what a quality young man this is.  Yet, some of you seem to want to go out of your way to find fault with him.  So, you're criticizing him for not announcing and/or implying that he's stringing IU along.  

I'm sorry, but that does not speak to the character of the young man, rather it speaks to the character of those that would say or imply such things.

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Story after story after story has been linked in this thread that discusses what a quality young man this is.  Yet, some of you seem to want to go out of your way to find fault with him.  So, you're criticizing him for not announcing and/or implying that he's stringing IU along.  

I'm sorry, but that does not speak to the character of the young man, rather it speaks to the character of those that would say or imply such things.

Exactly!  It’s only the biggest decision of this kids life thus far.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

There's several things he doesn't know.  For example....

- Who on Kansas is going pro

- Where Sean East is going to college

There is something WE have known all along.  And, that is he was going to wait until the spring signing period.  So, why are we putting the blame on him for not announcing yet.  Maybe we should blame our own selfishness for needing to know now.

But he's not going to Kansas.  Or you would be shocked if Kansas was the choice?  Right?  Maybe it was Mile who said that.  I can't remember. 

I think that he would be foolish in the sight of getting his name out nationally if he would decided earlier than planned, since he would gain way more exposure being undecided during the up coming all star games.  There are no small and simple decisions anymore for him.

1 hour ago, Tru123dt said:

I think that he would be foolish in the sight of getting his name out nationally if he would decided earlier than planned, since he would gain way more exposure being undecided during the up coming all star games.  There are no small and simple decisions anymore for him.

Welcome to HSN.  Enjoy your time and posts here.  I would warn you to not feed the trolls, but we do not have any.  We might have 1 or 3 misguided individuals.  They are pretty harmless though.

50 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Welcome to HSN.  Enjoy your time and posts here.  I would warn you to not feed the trolls, but we do not have any.  We might have 1 or 3 misguided individuals.  They are pretty harmless though.

Thank you for the welcoming and the warning! I think that I can guess who the three are.... lol   I have been following Miles and his crew ever since the scout board, and I have the highest respect for you guys.  I think that I got lost for a bit after you guys left 247.  Glad to be here!

11 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

Thank you for the welcoming and the warning! I think that I can guess who the three are.... lol   I have been following Miles and his crew ever since the scout board, and I have the highest respect for you guys.  I think that I got lost for a bit after you guys left 247.  Glad to be here!

You are/were not alone. Due to legal concerns, we thought it would be in CC's best interest not to solicit members from 247 to HSN 3.0.  That Scout/247 thing is about to come full circle soon.  Peegs moved from Rivals to our old home on the Scout platform, about a year ago.  Back in February of last year, CBS notified us that they would not be renewing their contract with us, effective the end of April 2017.  It came as a surprise to us at the time, and their response to our inquiry at to why, was simple.  They wanted to go in a different direction. Understandable, in that.... 247 had purchased Scout in February of 2017.  Initially their thought expressed by the 247 CEO was to continue to operate both Scout and 247.  However, a decision was made later, to eventually migrate all the Scout fan boards, into the 247 system.  That process has been ongoing for most of 2017. Two of the last fan boards to be moved over to 247 are the Indiana site, and the North Carolina site.  I expect both of those sites to migrate to 247 any day now.

Seeing the writing on the wall, and never getting a response from CBS as to their long term plans.... we decided to leave  247 and start up HSN 3.0 last August. Rather than lose all our long term fans, such as yourself and oh so many others. Our vision was to have a place where fans could get together in a civil environment.  And just talk about IU. We did not plan on being the biggest IU fan board. However, our growth has been a pleasant surprise, as members continue to find us on a daily basis.  Just this month, we exceeded 400 members.

It is not our intent to be the first with information. Despite the fact that we have many members who do bring us news.... all the time.

One thing you can rest assured of.  There will never be a membership fee to become a member here. Just to get information, that eventually spills out to the general public, any way.  Nor will you ever see annoying drop down ads, or for that matter, any ads at all. No solicitations, In order to have a full staff that is making a living. I understand the need to generate revenue. That puts a ton of pressure on the admin/owner of a site. In fact, since you have been following us since the old Scout days, the pressure to generate revenue was too great for John Decker, Terry, and Justin, who followed John in trying to keep that old site alive.  HSN 3.0 has no such pressure. Just a place where you and others can come, relax and enjoy. And rather than being a job, HSN 3.0 is a labor of love for the entire admin staff.  And I think that reflects back onto our members.

You are glad to be here.  We are glad to have you here.   And thank you for your kind words as well.

20 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

You are/were not alone. Due to legal concerns, we thought it would be in CC's best interest not to solicit members from 247 to HSN 3.0.  That Scout/247 thing is about to come full circle soon.  Peegs moved from Rivals to our old home on the Scout platform, about a year ago.  Back in February of last year, CBS notified us that they would not be renewing their contract with us, effective the end of April 2017.  It came as a surprise to us at the time, and their response to our inquiry at to why, was simple.  They wanted to go in a different direction. Understandable, in that.... 247 had purchased Scout in February of 2017.  Initially their thought expressed by the 247 CEO was to continue to operate both Scout and 247.  However, a decision was made later, to eventually migrate all the Scout fan boards, into the 247 system.  That process has been ongoing for most of 2017. Two of the last fan boards to be moved over to 247 are the Indiana site, and the North Carolina site.  I expect both of those sites to migrate to 247 any day now.

Seeing the writing on the wall, and never getting a response from CBS as to their long term plans.... we decided to leave  247 and start up HSN 3.0 last August. Rather than lose all our long term fans, such as yourself and oh so many others. Our vision was to have a place where fans could get together in a civil environment.  And just talk about IU. We did not plan on being the biggest IU fan board. However, our growth has been a pleasant surprise, as members continue to find us on a daily basis.  Just this month, we exceeded 400 members.

It is not our intent to be the first with information. Despite the fact that we have many members who do bring us news.... all the time.

One thing you can rest assured of.  There will never be a membership fee to become a member here. Just to get information, that eventually spills out to the general public, any way.  Nor will you ever see annoying drop down ads, or for that matter, any ads at all. No solicitations, In order to have a full staff that is making a living. I understand the need to generate revenue. That puts a ton of pressure on the admin/owner of a site. In fact, since you have been following us since the old Scout days, the pressure to generate revenue was too great for John Decker, Terry, and Justin, who followed John in trying to keep that old site alive.  HSN 3.0 has no such pressure. Just a place where you and others can come, relax and enjoy. And rather than being a job, HSN 3.0 is a labor of love for the entire admin staff.  And I think that reflects back onto our members.

You are glad to be here.  We are glad to have you here.   And thank you for your kind words as well.

Thank you for giving me a short recap of what has happen with Hoosiers Sports Nation, and I hope that more fans of yours find their way home.  Speaking of the old scout board, do you know what has happen to the moderator from Hawaii?  I loved reading his positive post during those days!

5 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

Thank you for giving me a short recap of what has happen with Hoosiers Sports Nation, and I hope that more fans of yours find their way home.  Speaking of the old scout board, do you know what has happen to the moderator from Hawaii?  I loved reading his positive post during those days!

Sadly, One of our former moderators from John Decker's Hoosier Nation, informed me, via a P.M.  that Craig passed away last year.

Edit to add :  I just checked my in box.  And it was October of 2017, that I learned of Craig's passing. 

15 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

There will never be a membership fee to become a member here. Just to get information, that eventually spills out to the general public, any way. 

This is something that I have never understood.  I've been a diehard IU fan for nearly 40 years and it has never occurred to me to pay a monthly fee for information that is all going to come out within minutes anyway.  My friends that have done it have said there really isn't anything of value on peegs/247/scout or whatever the hell it is, and several have said that they have had a hard time getting the charges to stop on their credit cards.  One even said that he got a new credit card number and they somehow tracked that new number down and started charging him again.

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Sadly, One of our former moderators from John Decker's Hoosier Nation, informed me, via a P.M.  that Craig passed away last year.

Edit to add :  I just checked my in box.  And it was October of 2017, that I learned of Craig's passing. 

Oh man, I didn’t know that.  Very sad to hear that news.  

6 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

This is something that I have never understood.  I've been a diehard IU fan for nearly 40 years and it has never occurred to me to pay a monthly fee for information that is all going to come out within minutes anyway.  My friends that have done it have said there really isn't anything of value on peegs/247/scout or whatever the hell it is, and several have said that they have had a hard time getting the charges to stop on their credit cards.  One even said that he got a new credit card number and they somehow tracked that new number down and started charging him again.

Might make for a good article topic ?  The evolution of internet fan boards.  You as well as I precede IU fan boards.  Back in the day, I waited for the magazines to come out in the fall, just to learn who the new guys would be on the IU BB team.  Prior to today's fan boards, I recall, thirsting for IU information. And checking Terry Hutchins at the Indy Star.

I thought it was great just to be able to get a few tidbits during the summer months, rather than having to wait for the magazines to come out in the fall.

Then, more and more fan boards came on line.  Today, I feel it is a whole new ball game.  And feel that HSN 3.0 is a leader in that we don't charge just to get a tidbit here and there, that eventually becomes public knowledge, everywhere. 

21 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I am sad to hear that as well, because it was always a pleasure to read his post!  He will be missed!

First I'd heard of Craig's passing, The man with flowery prose.  Sucks!  Anyway, watching clips of Romeo and garland, 1 thing I notice is they are both very ball dominant on offense and even though they are considered pg, sg they both like to fill it up.  I always have wondered if that plays into Romeo's decision.  Probably wishful thinking.  

43 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Sorry for the news of Craig,s passing a chef if I remember correctly,

Archived