Romeo Langford

3 minutes ago, loviubb said:

Sorry for the news of Craig,s passing a chef if I remember correctly,

You remember correctly.  Though a music major while attending IU.  Came within one semester of getting his degree.  His online persona was not a true reflection of the travails he went through in real life. Truly amazing how one would never know what was going on in his life, based on his positive posts on Hoosier Nation. He and I would talk on the phone.  Guy had lots of struggles, yet he never let that impact his posts. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Sadly, One of our former moderators from John Decker's Hoosier Nation, informed me, via a P.M.  that Craig passed away last year.

Edit to add :  I just checked my in box.  And it was October of 2017, that I learned of Craig's passing. 

So sorry to hear about Craig's passing.  He was very proud of his days at IU, and he showed his great love for his university.  I'm sure he's now in heaven trying to convince God and all the angels to wear IU gear!

25 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

You remember correctly.  Though a music major while attending IU.  Came within one semester of getting his degree.  His online persona was not a true reflection of the travails he went through in real life. Truly amazing how one would never know what was going on in his life, based on his positive posts on Hoosier Nation. He and I would talk on the phone.  Guy had lots of struggles, yet he never let that impact his posts. 

He must have been very young.  Perhaps 50 or so?

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Sadly, One of our former moderators from John Decker's Hoosier Nation, informed me, via a P.M.  that Craig passed away last year.

Edit to add :  I just checked my in box.  And it was October of 2017, that I learned of Craig's passing. 

Oh Mile, how sad! Praying for Craighoops’ family. I missed his positive attitude 😊 and his ALL CAPS running commentary on IU basketball and other subjects!! 

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

So sorry to hear about Craig's passing.  He was very proud of his days at IU, and he showed his great love for his university.  I'm sure he's now in heaven trying to convince God and all the angels to wear IU gear!

Um, they are already wearing it. ;)

1 hour ago, hoosierfan615 said:

Oh Mile, how sad! Praying for Craighoops’ family. I missed his positive attitude 😊 and his ALL CAPS running commentary on IU basketball and other subjects!! 

After Craig's mom's passing, all he had left was his uncle. Craig was living with his elderly uncle, when Craig and I talked on the phone.  Funny, how I remember that we rarely talked about IU.... but life in general.

Still to this day, I recall the passonate post Craig made about his mom's passing.  A soliloquy that lives with me to this day.

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I tried to send him a text a few months ago and it did not go through just thought he changed his number. Very sad news.

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Such terrible news...Craig was a very positive individual. I hope they put him in a pair of candystripes for his sendoff.

42 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Oh man...sad news indeed. RIP Craig.

Yeah, I know, this is still Romeo's thread.  But all this outpouring for Craig.  Proves a lot to me.  One.... that HSN 3.0 is much more than just a fan board.  It too is a family.

And all the more reason why.... Romeo should become a part of Hoosier Nation.  His legend will live on, as others, both on and off the court have done in the past.

22 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah, I know, this is still Romeo's thread.  But all this outpouring for Craig.  Proves a lot to me.  One.... that HSN 3.0 is much more than just a fan board.  It too is a family.

And all the more reason why.... Romeo should become a part of Hoosier Nation.  His legend will live on, as others, both on and off the court have done in the past.

Mile, Could you find Craig's post about his Mom and copy and paste it so I (we) and read it again? RIP Craig, you are truly missed on this board!

Thank you

52 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Mile, Could you find Craig's post about his Mom and copy and paste it so I (we) and read it again? RIP Craig, you are truly missed on this board!

Thank you

Pretty sure that his post about his mom is history long about now.  Reason being, it was posted on John Decker's Hoosier Nation, and most to the stuff that got posted back then has been deleted.  Having said that, I will see what, if anything I can find. 

10 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Good thing, bad thing, or doesn't matter in this recruitment that Kansa advances to the Final Four?

I would think that it doesn’t really matter.  With them being a #1, it was always a good possibility.  Plus, it’s not like Romeo would be playing with a lot of those guys.

I  thoroughly enjoyed Grayson Allen missing the game winner.. His kicking and tripping and I think he hit a guy below the belt one time which should have got him mugged after the game.. Such a poor sport only deserves to miss gw to reach final four!!😂😂 The Newman kid for ku played like a NBA prospect and hope that Romeo doesnt want to be his replacement at the 2 spot for turdhead Bill Self!:)

3 hours ago, HoosierLT said:

With Malik Newman playing out of his mind and Kansas reaching the final four, does anyone think this has Romeo's mind flip flopping? Or is Kansas out of the equation?

Kansas has always been a viable option.  In my mind, they have always been a more likely destination than Vandy.  More than anything else, Romeo wants to win.  That said, if Archie can convince Romeo that IU can, and will win, IU has a lot of things in it's favor over Kansas.

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Kansas has always been a viable option.  In my mind, they have always been a more likely destination than Vandy.  More than anything else, Romeo wants to win.  That said, if Archie can convince Romeo that IU can, and will win, IU has a lot of things in it's favor over Kansas.

I still believe that having his family near is a huge factor as well.  

Archived