Romeo Langford

To tie that all into Romeo and to keep it on topic. In a vacuum Kansas is the best option by far. Stone cold lock to reach the sweet 16, lock to win your conference, always be on TV, and be a focal point with NBA eyes on you.

Leave the vacuum and you’ll be a legend in the state no matter what happens as long as something catastrophic doesn’t happen such as some crazy scandal at IU or your squad is a NIT team which is highly unlikely. You have your family close and you get to stay at home which sounds like it is a bigger deal to that family unlike say Wilkes family.

It’s surely between IU and Kansas at this point. Not eliminating Vandy entirely personally because that legend factor does have merit there too but in a different way. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/23/2018 at 9:41 AM, cohete15 said:

My understanding is that any visit at this point has to be a team/school sanctioned event. I could be wrong, but I remember reading this somewhere after NA lost and we still had a visit left on the table. 

You are right.  There CANNOT be an in-home.  It has to be a team sanctioned event. 

1 hour ago, ADegenerate said:

To tie that all into Romeo and to keep it on topic. In a vacuum Kansas is the best option by far. Stone cold lock to reach the sweet 16, lock to win your conference, always be on TV, and be a focal point with NBA eyes on you.

Leave the vacuum and you’ll be a legend in the state no matter what happens as long as something catastrophic doesn’t happen such as some crazy scandal at IU or your squad is a NIT team which is highly unlikely. You have your family close and you get to stay at home which sounds like it is a bigger deal to that family unlike say Wilkes family.

It’s surely between IU and Kansas at this point. Not eliminating Vandy entirely personally because that legend factor does have merit there too but in a different way. 

Let’s take a look back to one year ago... Trae Young had a college decision: Kansas or his home team Oklahoma. I would argue that he gained more publicity and attention this year, than he would if he attended Kansas despite playing less televised games. I truly believe Romeo will get unrivaled local and national publicity if he signs with the Hoosiers!

Between CBS, FOX, BTN and ESPN....I remember seeing Juwan Morgan on commercials for almost every one of our games. If Romeo wants exposure...at Kansas he'll potentially be 1 of 3-4. At IU...he'll be an easy decision to be our commercial guy all season long. I say this only for discussing notoriety. I don't think Romeo seeks that but if he does...he'll get more at IU.

Based on what I got out of the video, I really like our chances. Ed Schilling was a tremendous hire for Archie and I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if Romeo stays home. I’m still going to put the cart in front of the horses, but we seem to be trending in the right direction. 

I personally don’t see Vandy... did anyone else notice that Romeo struggled to spit out Bryce’s name for a sec? Or how about the fact that he didn’t go to Kansas, not once?! That never happens. If it has in the past, I can’t recall a time that a recruit picked a school that he hasn’t visited.

You have to like that Romeo mentioned Ed Schilling. I can’t emphasize how big that hire was enough! 

3 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Based on what I got out of the video, I really like our chances. Ed Schilling was a tremendous hire for Archie and I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if Romeo stays home. I’m still going to put the cart in front of the horses, but we seem to be trending in the right direction. 

I personally don’t see Vandy... did anyone else notice that Romeo struggled to spit out Bryce’s name for a sec? Or how about the fact that he didn’t go to Kansas, not once?! That never happens. If it has in the past, I can’t recall a time that a recruit picked a school that he hasn’t visited.

You have to like that Romeo mentioned Ed Schilling. I can’t emphasize how big that hire was enough! 

My thoughts exactly, his father also mentioned coach Schilling before. 

12 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/IndyStarSports/status/978386118759641094

This doesn’t sound good. Just got sent this from a friend. 

That quote was from the Indy Star article posted earlier today. 

I wouldn't read anything into that quote.  If you read the article he also mentions he may visit Vandy again.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I really don't have a good feeling right now with Romeo coming to IU either but I have no inside info. I just think all IU has to offer him right now is being from Indiana and being a home state hero To me Romeo doesn't seem like the type of kid you wants to have the whole limelight on him and does not want the pressure of being the savior of IU basketball. Going to Vandy he will be part of a great recruiting class and at KU he will just be a long line of great players going to KU.   I know their are ebs and flows on this recruiting cycle but for some reason I just don't have a great feeling the last few days.

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I really don't have a good feeling right now with Romeo coming to IU either but I have no inside info. I just think all IU has to offer him right now is being from Indiana and being a home state hero To me Romeo doesn't seem like the type of kid you wants to have the whole limelight on him and does not want the pressure of being the savior of IU basketball. Going to Vandy he will be part of a great recruiting class and at KU he will just be a long line of great players going to KU.   I know their are ebs and flows on this recruiting cycle but for some reason I just don't have a great feeling the last few days.

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I do not think that there is any evidence of Romeo has been negatively effected by all this attention.  If he really does not like the limelight then he is doing a marvelous job hiding this fact.  He has spent hours on hours signing autographs even after his season ended.  He does not shy away from interviews or going to different birthday parties for youth in New Albany.  I really do believe that this is a nonfactor in regards to his recruitment.  He understands that he will always be special to people here if he goes to Indiana.  

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

It's just indigestion.  A couple of Rolaids will fix you right up.

Archived