Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I hear Vandy's recruiting pitch, the less I understand why Romeo would want to go there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Coach K, Cal, Williams, Self, Pitino, Izzo, Boeheim, Wright, etc. never played in the NBA. I think we would all agree that we'd rather play for coaches who are proven winners and have an actual impressive resume of getting players to the NBA. If the Langford's were so concerned about going with a coach who's been in the NBA, why not reach out to Patrick Ewing? I'm sure he'd be able to do a better job than Drew and Georgetown is a bigger basketball school/ a very good educational program.

Side note, this recruitment is becoming very confusing. Originally reports made it sound like the Langford's were voluntarily going to visit IU one more time but now it sounds like it was just Archie and staff asking them to come back so they could get the last word in. Still remaining optimistic but I'd be lying if I said it didn't make a little more pessimistic hearing that.

I just saw this article about Cam Reddish.  The thing that stood out to me is how he describes feeling when everyone wanted his autograph, stating that he knew Duke was the place for him.  You would think Romeo has to feel this way, at least a little bit with how IU fans have treated him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2766532-duke-recruit-cam-reddish-is-going-to-be-a-star-but-not-the-kind-youre-used-to?share=sms

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

Here’s an article from a newspaper in Tennessee that reiterates what we already, but put their own spin on it at the end. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2018/03/26/romeo-langford-mcdonalds-all-american-game-indiana-kansas-vanderbilt-darius-garland-bryce-drew/457447002/

I think having Ed Schilling is a big key for him and his dad.

Another interesting (and awkward) interview from McDonalds week with EJ Montgomery and Romeo.  

Romeo's interview starts around 5:25.

Interview

I'm not going to make any assumptions based on such a ridiculous set of questions...but I didn't like the early answers.  However, after he said CAM would whip the other two coaches' a$$es, my heart rate went down a bit. I honestly have no idea what to make of this interview. 

32 minutes ago, A-hOhL said:

Another interesting (and awkward) interview from McDonalds week with EJ Montgomery and Romeo.  

Interview

I'm not going to make any assumptions based on such a ridiculous set of questions...but I didn't like the early answers.  However, after he said CAM would whip the other two coaches' a$$es, my heart rate went down a bit. I honestly have no idea what to make of this interview. 

I know it's for fun...but that first question was super awkward in my opinion...

32 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Not getting the NBA thing, hell I could coach Romeo for a year or two and he gets to the NBA. The thinking if I play for coach C I wont be ready for the NBA is just laughable.

It's not always about getting to the NBA, more preparing for the NBA. You could argue some programs prepare a player better for the transition to the NBA. The way the program is run, the amenities, the offensive style, the S & C prep, nutrition, etc. 

37 minutes ago, A-hOhL said:

Interview

Anyone notice the big smile on his face when talking about CAM?

37 minutes ago, A-hOhL said:

Interview

Just listened to the first question, and as Robby said it's probably all in good fun, but if I was a parent of Montgomery in that room I would either shut the interview down or at least tell the interviewer to move on to another question. 

54 minutes ago, A-hOhL said:

Interview

That might be the worst interview I've ever seen.   Thought both kids handled it as well as one could expect considering how awful the questions (and obvious fishing) were.

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just listened to the first question, and as Robby said it's probably all in good fun, but if I was a parent of Montgomery in that room I would either shut the interview down or at least tell the interviewer to move on to another question. 

wow, I actually feel dumber after watching that interview. How does THAT guy get time with any players at McD all star agenda? Worthless.

'Question, and it means nothing, but i find it telling. If you had a red rock, blue rock, and a black rock, would you eat one of them?' 

2 minutes ago, ColtsIUDomer said:

wow, I actually feel dumber after watching that interview. How does THAT guy get time with any players at McD all star agenda? Worthless.

'Question, and it means nothing, but i find it telling. If you had a red rock, blue rock, and a black rock, would you eat one of them?' 

Yeah, it was ridiculous. While I wouldn't ask those questions, I thought the ones about President and UFC were more playful stupid, where the lifeboat one was just out of bounds. The lifeboat one was the "reporter" clearly trying to trick them and get them to indicate who they like most.  

Archived