Romeo Langford

4 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

https://247sports.com/player/tyler-herro-85253

Talented SG from Wisconsin. Originally signed with Wisco, then recommitted to UK. You can watch videos of Wisco fans at his games booing him every time he touches the ball now. Hence why I say Romeo may be waiting. He may just want to know 1000% that IU is the place for him before he potentially ends up in a similar situation. 

Louisville would be covered by that quote in my mind.  He was thought to be a U of L lean early on.  Had he pulled the trigger for them he would have maybe had to pull out and have all the local Louisville fans on him.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Louisville would be covered by that quote in my mind.  He was thought to be a U of L lean early on.  Had he pulled the trigger for them he would have maybe had to pull out and have all the local Louisville fans on him.

This would never of happened

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

UL fans booing him at his games. 

It kind of shoots down the entire myth that IU fans would have harassed him. Granted he was justified in eliminating Louisville, but he lives much closer to the Louisville campus and there wasn't a peep out of Louisville fans that I heard about after he eliminated them. Not quite apples to apples with Louisville's other issues, but still. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

To keep things optimistic, I'll share this perspective... Romeo said in that IndyStar interview that he's waited this long in order to potentially avoid regret in committing too early to a program. Maybe he's been leaning towards IU and hasn't committed yet because he doesn't want to be that guy that lets everyone down by re-opening his recruitment and going out of state (ex- Tyler Herro). 

I'm sorry, but how is that optimistic? 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

It was an all star scrimmage. On Tuesday.Real game is Wednesday.   Players intent on going to the NBA, don't play defense in all star scrimmages. Though I don't expect to see much defense tonight either.   More than Romeo's unwillingness to engage, on defense, I was more taken aback by his inability to hit shots, he should have hit. To me, he didn't seem engaged at all, either on the court, or on the bench.

I've watched him live a couple times this season including the semi state and his defense hasn't been the best. Bell took him right to the rim and scored several times down the stretch of that semi state game. Maybe it's because they told him to relax on D so he doesn't get in foul trouble but regardless an area that needs work. 

Taking nothing away from him. Romeo is incredible offensively and a top notch guy from what I can tell. Glad he at least grew up a Hoosier. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

You may be onto something, seriously.  He did say something about other players pressuring him as to where he should go.  I did not think of that, till you brought it up.

Kind of related to this angle...I read some interview with RL today (on ESPN, maybe? I can't remember) from Atlanta. He really emphasized how awesome Indiana high school basket ball is. How there are no small gyms and that they're packed wherever you go, etc. Maybe this is his coming down off of Cloud 9 moment. RL is so adored in this state that maybe just being "one of the guys" among a bunch of equally talented bball players kind of brought him back down to reality. Now, I don't know what kind of bearing that has on his eventual college choice, but reading about his love for his home state's top sport was pretty cool. 

9 minutes ago, BEKA said:

Kind of related to this angle...I read some interview with RL today (on ESPN, maybe? I can't remember) from Atlanta. He really emphasized how awesome Indiana high school basket ball is. How there are no small gyms and that they're packed wherever you go, etc. Maybe this is his coming down off of Cloud 9 moment. RL is so adored in this state that maybe just being "one of the guys" among a bunch of equally talented bball players kind of brought him back down to reality. Now, I don't know what kind of bearing that has on his eventual college choice, but reading about his love for his home state's top sport was pretty cool. 

And with that knowledge, why on earth would you go to a Vanderbilt?  I could maybe somewhat understand Kansas, but Vanderbilt?  Going from a state that reveres basketball and the reverence he has for that history, you would think he would look to have that kind of thing again in College.  He definitely gets to continue the Indiana state love affair with the sport at IU and Kansas is a blueblood but Vanderbilt is a hot garbage program...

I've been guilty of reading a little into things but you tend to develop a sense of tells or signs when people talk. One thing I keep hearing about all week is Vandy or Kansas guys talking. I realize they are being asked questions,etc....and Romeo is politely giving his responses. Wouldn't it be funny (and ironic) in the vacuum that is IU basketball he might feel safest because of Archie's all business approach.

I have no doubt that Drew is trying to get journalists to get the story out that all they need is Romeo. Kansas speaks for themselves but I see them (and future players) saying the same things. Trying to control the story or narrative.

All along. All business from Archie. Kids can feel safe knowing a coach or a staff isn't out there having the local beat writer hack publishing an article. The quiet confidence approach works in any line of work. Especially in leadership and recruiting. 

1 hour ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

I'm sorry, but how is that optimistic? 

I'm suggesting that based on Romeo's own words, that he is an IU lean/ will end up being an IU player but has unfortunately waited longer than he has desired because he isn't 1000% sure. Considering how important he is to the IU fanbase and the fact that he's 18 yrs old ( kids are impulsive and change their mind's all the time) I think it's a possibility that he said to himself "I'd much rather be safe than sorry and commit late, instead of signing early on with IU and potentially realizing down the road that it's not the place for me."

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Speaking of Vandy.... I saw out of the corner of my eye scrolling across the bottom of my TV, a high recruit, not Romeo, is looking at Vandy? I didn't see who it was. But if that's the case, there has to be something screwy goin' on down there. They could potentially get 4 5*???

I believe it is E.J. Montgomery they're referring to.

7 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I just look at a team like Michigan. I bet they didn't have a top 10 recruiting class to make up their team. Loyola of Chicago certainly didn't have a top recruiting class and probably Villanova wasn't a top 10 class. What is more important isn't having the right pieces to the puzzle, good coaching and team chemistry. 

I want Mr. Langford to come here but I won't lose one bit of sleep if he does or he doesn't. Unlike Coach Crean, I think Coach Miller has a plan b and probably a plan c. We haven't had that type of mindset in years. 

https://www.moviefanatic.com/quotes/i-dont-care-if-you-play-on-the-team-or-not/

You mean this?

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've been guilty of reading a little into things but you tend to develop a sense of tells or signs when people talk. One thing I keep hearing about all week is Vandy or Kansas guys talking. I realize they are being asked questions,etc....and Romeo is politely giving his responses. Wouldn't it be funny (and ironic) in the vacuum that is IU basketball he might feel safest because of Archie's all business approach.

I have no doubt that Drew is trying to get journalists to get the story out that all they need is Romeo. Kansas speaks for themselves but I see them (and future players) saying the same things. Trying to control the story or narrative.

All along. All business from Archie. Kids can feel safe knowing a coach or a staff isn't out there having the local beat writer hack publishing an article. The quiet confidence approach works in any line of work. Especially in leadership and recruiting. 

I’m on this side. Glad we don’t have anyone there constantly chirping. This is all driving me up a wall on a daily basis and if it’s making me feel that way, I can’t imagine how Romeo feels. Probably can’t wait to be done with all this and potentially regrets not deciding prior to these all star games/showcases. 

10 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Nothing new to report but if they are looking at another 5* then something shady is going on and I am thinking they see the writing on the wall.

Do you think LSU is dirty?  Wade was hired when Archie was but he's already stocking up on 5 stars at a football school.

Archived