Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I know it’s an all star game but Darius Garland didn’t impress me at all.

I was just coming here to post this.  He doesn’t look like a great scorer, his handle sucks, he’s pretty small, and doesn’t seem that athletic.  There is no way that kid is getting drafted in the first round in 2019.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I was just coming here to post this.  He doesn’t look like a great scorer, his handle sucks, he’s pretty small, and doesn’t seem that athletic.  There is no way that kid is getting drafted in the first round in 2019.

...and there's no way Vanderbilt is better than a mid-pack team even with a "loaded" freshman class.  Just look at Drew's body of work.  2 or 3 talented freshman aren't going to change them from doormat to contender in a single year.

When Garland took that last shot, Romeo appeared to have been open at top of the key and didn’t seem to get a look from Garland. That would bother me, maybe not Romeo, but Romeo is probably the most talented scorer and didn’t get a look at the end? Hmmm... 

How is it possible that the flippin’ Vanderbilt Commodores could possibly land 4 McDonald’s All Americans? How? That university has been relevant maybe a couple of times in my 36 years on earth. If they did land Romeo and Montgomery, I spy some shady shenanigans.

Romeo looked solid. His defense(which I understand that this was an all star game) was poor. Offensively, he was as smooth as we thought he’d be. Although, he tends to play soft with the ball in his hands. As in, he almost seems to be too loose. I recall seeing him get stripped 3, maybe 4 times while working with the ball. 

All in all, strong game. I hope he gets annoyed by the Vandy and Kansas recruits!

Only because I love the predictions for how many pages this thread is going to be,  I thought I would add to it.  RL is IU bound. Too many 5*’s creates an identity issue.  Everyone going for their own and trying to improve their draft stock, so RL passes on Vandy.  Kansas is already good and will continue to be good, identity lost due to the soph’s and other 5*’s improving their draft stock, he passes on KU.  Only place to keep his identity and truly improve in areas that will make him a top 10 draft pick is IU.  Why is he waiting, he wants to play with these 5*’s so he can reaffirm what he already knows, IU is the only place where he will continue to have an identity and improve his draft stock.  

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Nothing new to report but if they are looking at another 5* then something shady is going on and I am thinking they see the writing on the wall.

Why would the 4th one put them over the edge of shady?

Does that writing on the wall have anything to do with Romeo?

7 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Why would the 4th one put them over the edge of shady?

Does that writing on the wall have anything to do with Romeo?

I think he meant that they’re also recruiting another 5* in E.J. Montgomery and furthermore insinuating that it’s very strange for Vandy to start getting All Americans out of nowhere. 

Not sure what he meant by “they see the writing on the wall” though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

In my mind, no matter how I look at it, we seem to be set up perfectly for him to come in and excel.  Thing is this young man may have a different set of priorities (GO IU) than I.  That's a shame.  With Archies's hire, I haven't felt this good going forward for a long time.  Romeo or not, we be alright. 

Archived