Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Caveat.  This is not a political comment.

However, Tim Langford, and the Langford family could give lessons on HOW NOT , to leak information.... all the while conducting interviews with the media.

Dakich is apparently now saying Vandy.  Any idea on where he's getting his info?

I was craving some Indiana basketball updates/info just the other day at work and naively/mistakenly pulled up jockitch's radio show on my computer.  In the first five minutes I was listening, he discussed how money hungry Indiana is, how trashy Indiana basketball has become in the lack of recognition for the passing of Daryl Thomas at the IUWBB game, and how great he was in regard to work ethic as a college ball player back in the day (and yes he made sure to mention his defensive performance against Jordan).  

I gagged, turned it off, and came away with a valuable lesson...if you ever want  insight into the world of Indiana basketball, avoid Dan Jockitch at all costs. 

18 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

What’s the final day Romeo can wait before announcing? And how can the Langford’s bend the rules to push it back another couple months after that? 

Technically.  He does not have to announce at all.  It's not bending the rules, by not announcing. Just sign an LOI. or  enroll and show up on campus.  One thing the rules will not allow is to have him walk on and get an academic scholarship, with his good grades.  Disallowed, because IU has actively recruited him. Of course, Romeo could walk on at a school....say Montana State, for example.... with an academic scholarship....since MSU has not recruited him.

Years ago, Michael Jordan's son, was able to walk on with an Academic Scholarship, because, Illinois never recruited him

5 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

Plot twist: he pulls a Thon Maker or Dante Exum**

**no idea what their routes were in terms of where they played before declaring for the nba but ugh can’t this be over already 

This should not effect your life one bit and let him decide whenever he wants because it is his life and not yours.

I was wondering if recruits read these boards and IU other boards it might make you think that could be a reason they go elsewhere.  With some of the comments about Romeo and how they are getting impatient with him it makes you wonder if he might think why go to IU with those lunatic fans.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was wondering if recruits read these boards and IU other boards it might make you think that could be a reason they go elsewhere.  With some of the comments about Romeo and how they are getting impatient with him it makes you wonder if he might think why go to IU with those lunatic fans.

I hope he reads HSN's thread (this one). I'm not trying to kiss anyone's ass here, but I think the worst thing so far in the past 182 pages are mild suggestions of selfishness and a primadonna persona, all of which have been promptly shot down by logical retorts. He's following a long established timetable. None of us fault him and his family for that. In fact, we've praised him for it. 

I think this thread, if anything, conveys a deeply passionate fan base with an above average knowledge of college basketball in general. I hope he reads it, compares it to lukewarm Vanderbilt threads, and begins to understand just how much we all look forward to perinnially supporting the program. 

All that being said, some of Indiana basketball's other forums can get pretty sketchy so I completely understand where you are coming from. Let's just hope he spends about four days reading this one.  

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

The interactions I have had with family members over the years..... I can tell you that family members do, in fact read fan boards. And are influenced by them.  And there is no doubt in my mind that the family members talk to their recruits as to what is being talked about them....  I have been told this several times. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

This should not effect your life one bit and let him decide whenever he wants because it is his life and not yours.

Written like something a 10 year old would say while arguing with their older sibling.

Step carefully off that high horse. 

Also it’s “affect” my good sir. With Romeo being a 4.0 student I’d urge you to pay more attention to your spelling and grammar since as you say, he’s reading these boards. Wouldn’t want him switching to Vandy because of your spelling. 

9 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

From you maybe?

Dak is obviously active on this board and read some posters expressing mild frustration with the length of this process. He then concluded that since Romeo and his entire extended family are also constantly refreshing this thread that our comments will “affect” his decision and sway him toward the ‘Dores. DUHHH!

13 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

Wouldn’t want him switching to Vandy because of your spelling.

Using the implied subject in a declarative statement  may also affect Romeo.:)   Come to IU!!! Now there is an imperative statement I think we can all get behind.  

2 hours ago, jimsorgi said:

Same source that give him the heads up that IU was going to hire Alford.

Exactly.  Whenever Dak's ratings trend downwards, he always defers to stirring up Hoosier Nation.  As always. Like a Willow Tree. Blowing in the wind. With no real clue as to why the wind is blowing in any direction.  Just interested in stirring up IU fans.  Don't ever pay attention to Dak.

I have real solid sources , in and around NA. Not bragging. Just a fact. As they have for months chosen to share info with me. These people are not only close  to not only the Langfords, but also to major individuals related to what is going on in NA.  And to a source. Not one has a clue as to Romeo's choice.

3 hours ago, A-hOhL said:

I was craving some Indiana basketball updates/info just the other day at work and naively/mistakenly pulled up jockitch's radio show on my computer.  In the first five minutes I was listening, he discussed how money hungry Indiana is, how trashy Indiana basketball has become in the lack of recognition for the passing of Daryl Thomas at the IUWBB game, and how great he was in regard to work ethic as a college ball player back in the day (and yes he made sure to mention his defensive performance against Jordan).  

I gagged, turned it off, and came away with a valuable lesson...if you ever want  insight into the world of Indiana basketball, avoid Dan Jockitch at all costs. 

His defense against Jordan was  that Jordan was on the bench most of the 1st half and what coach Knight  drew up for the team defense. Dan played a good game for him! Never thought Jordan played as well as he normally did but I will give Dan his 15 of fame! He is still pissed he did not get the job!!! BOO HOO!!

Archived