Romeo Langford

8 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Dakich is apparently now saying Vandy.  Any idea on where he's getting his info?

He's as clueless as you or I.  As was said earlier, he was confident IU was going to hire Alford, so I'm probably giving him far too much credit saying he knows as much as forum members here do.  At least most forum members here knew IU wasn't going to be dumb enough to hire Alford.  I personally tired of Dakich long ago and I think I've listened to one replay podcast in the past 2-3 years to hear an interesting guest.  Dakich didn't impress me at all in the podcast and I never went back and listened to him again.

Best advice I can give you is to quit listening to that moron. 1070 should replace him with Robbie Hummel if Hummel has any interest.  At least Hummel wouldn't embarrass his alma mater like Dakich routinely does.

If anything, with Dakich's track record, we should be thrilled he thinks it's Vandy.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

He's as clueless as you or I.  As was said earlier, he was confident IU was going to hire Alford, so I'm probably giving him far too much credit saying he knows as much as forum members here do.  At least most forum members here knew IU wasn't going to be dumb enough to hire Alford.  I personally tired of Dakich long ago and I think I've listened to one replay podcast in the past 2-3 years to hear an interesting guest.  Dakich didn't impress me at all in the podcast and I never went back and listened to him again.

Best advice I can give you is to quit listening to that moron. 1070 should replace him with Robbie Hummel if Hummel has any interest.  At least Hummel wouldn't embarrass his alma mater like Dakich routinely does.

If anything, with Dakich's track record, we should be thrilled he thinks it's Vandy.

He's a divisive + self-centered prick. He knows he can make a buck off the IU brand and he maximizes it. The best course of action is to ignore him completely and I think we do a pretty good job of that overall.

Let's keep that up. I also agree with you on Hummel. No need for this hot-take me, me, me, pundit non-sense. 

I stopped listening to Dakich last year. Got tired of his passive aggressive narcissist comments...and honestly his hypocrisy. If he says Vandy. Good news for us. He said IU last month. 

I wouldn't mind some fresh voices in Indy for the entire 1070 crew....including some of their little assistants who think it's their show.

1 hour ago, McHoop said:

Dakich is simply trolling IU fans.   End of story.

McHoop

I heard his own son on his show last week semi-mocking Dan saying you "have to be edgy on the radio".  Someone said something similar to him on the ESPN tournament announcement show.  His whole anti-IU act on the radio is just that - an act to get people talking and generate ratings.  It is sad really for a former player to act like that at the expense of the program that made him who he is.

Here is our review of Romeo's week in Atlanta at the McDAAG at it relates to his upcoming decision.  Also, his game highlights are included.  Does anyone feel like they figured anything out this week in terms of what he will decide?

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/romeo-langfords-week-at-the-mcdonalds-game-in-atlanta-what-we-learned/

We have 27 days and a wake up... I have no knowledge or inside information, but I think that he announces on Friday April 27th, at 3:30 PM. @ New Albany HS w/ the mayor’s assistance. He will tell everyone that he’s going to Bloomington and southern Indiana will celebrate the entire weekend. 

Fast forward to November. IU is 6-0 and rolling, ranked #9 in the country when out of the blue... Trayce Jackson Davis decides to commit after IU destroys Virginia in blowout fashion. Shortly after the Davis commitment, Brooks decided to end his recruitment, also deciding to don the candystripes. 

Fast forward to late March; our Indiana Hoosiers are 30-3 and playing our best basketball of the season, getting ready to tie and surpass our single season wins record in the Elite Eight. The Hoosiers will go on to shock the college basketball world and bring home banner #6. 

Finally, our program has returned to their rightful throne in college basketball prestige and status. Archie Miller and Co. have the program rolling. Our eyes are set directly on national championships and the sleeping basketball giant has awakened.

To be continued....

25 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

We have 27 days and a wake up... I have no knowledge or inside information, but I think that he announces on Friday April 27th, at 3:30 PM. @ New Albany HS w/ the mayor’s assistance. He will tell everyone that he’s going to Bloomington and southern Indiana will celebrate the entire weekend. 

Fast forward to November. IU is 6-0 and rolling, ranked #9 in the country when out of the blue... Trayce Jackson Davis decides to commit after IU destroys Virginia in blowout fashion. Shortly after the Davis commitment, Brooks decided to end his recruitment, also deciding to don the candystripes. 

Fast forward to late March; our Indiana Hoosiers are 30-3 and playing our best basketball of the season, getting ready to tie and surpass our single season wins record in the Elite Eight. The Hoosiers will go on to shock the college basketball world and bring home banner #6. 

Finally, our program has returned to their rightful throne in college basketball prestige and status. Archie Miller and Co. have the program rolling. Our eyes are set directly on national championships and the sleeping basketball giant has awakened.

To be continued....

Is that all you've got?  It would help if you could be more specific ;)

30 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

To be continued....

Yes, please.  I’ll have that.  Thank you

33 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

To be continued....

So says the man who started the most epic thread in Hoosier history...with over a million views in 4 weeks!  I will tag along with you on this vision.😀

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Thanks for the link TDH, good read.

Yes.  Once again, TDH, with, yet.... another quality read. Loaded with tons of information.

And just think of this.  He makes all that available to HSN members to read...... FREE OF CHARGE !

Just now, Colonialcrester said:

So says the man who started the most epic thread in Hoosier history...with over a million views in 4 weeks!  I will tag along with you on this vision.😀

And that thread is now just a memory.  As it was wiped off the internet,  this past week.

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

To be continued....

(while throwing hands towards the heavens above)   Yes, sweet Jesus

6 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Have the Langford's set up a date and location for his commitment announcement?  

I believe they announced that there will be an announcement date announcement sometime in April....In fact, tomorrow might be the perfect day for that (April 1st) xD

2 hours ago, Danomatic said:

To be continued....

You sir need to careful talking like that. There are 400+ people that just went 6 to midnight. You could be the reason some kid is born or somebody has a heart attack!!!!  LOL 

47 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

You sir need to careful talking like that. There are 400+ people that just went 6 to midnight. You could be the reason some kid is born or somebody has a heart attack!!!!  LOL 

All in good fun! Hey, maybe it happens. I’ll have to come back to page 183 and take a screenshot... might be worthy of pinning if it all works out 🤷🏻‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

All in good fun! Hey, maybe it happens. I’ll have to come back to page 183 and take a screenshot... might be worthy of pinning if it all works out 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just in case....do you have 6 specific numbers that keep flashing in your mind????

Archived