Romeo Langford

If the choice is not Indiana it is strictly Romeo's choice many very close to him that he trusts and listens and values their opinion are very pro IU at this point in the process. i think that if KU was a little bit closer we might be in trouble but feel very good right now. No inside info other than that those close to the situation think we are the best option.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Decision not far away now. 

Good time to be an Indiana fan. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Remember Birdman from John Decker's Hoosier Nation ?  An AAU coach, at the time. Now coaching high school basketball in Indianapolis.  Who did not speak a lot.  But when he did... I told everyone that : "When Birdman speaks, everyone needs to listen.

In this instance.... CoachSS. Who happens to be a long time great friend of mine.... the same admonition applies, as it did with Birdman.  "When CoachSS speaks, everyone needs to listen. "

Likin' what I'm readin'........  Now all we need is for Mile to give us any updates if his sources are corroborating what Coach has implied

34 minutes ago, Dalman said:

David Magley was Mr. Indiana in 1978. Jacque Vaughn played high school ball in California. 

I do believe IU recruited Jacques though.   Lovellette shouldn't count because he was pretty much kidnapped by Phog....

McHoop

23 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Likin' what I'm readin'........  Now all we need is for Mile to give us any updates if his sources are corroborating what Coach has implied

Truth be known. Though Coach and I are good friends. And have communicated about recruits and "IU Stuff" in the past.  We really haven't communicated in terms of Romeo.

My other sources are not hearing anything... as I have said last week.... anything we can put our teeth into in terms of Romeo. 

28 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

When he starts talking about wind direction is when you need to sit up and listen 

:coffee:

5 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

When he starts talking about wind direction is when you need to sit up and listen 

:coffee:

Right now, considering the limited amount of information I am getting on Romeo..... If I start talking about wind direction.... everybody needs to get out of the way.  If you get my drift.  LOL

25 minutes ago, McHoop said:

I do believe IU recruited Jacques though.

IU recruited Vaughn hard. I remember watching some prep summer game of some sort that Vaughn played in between his junior and senior year in high school. Dick Vitale was doing color and he said on the telecast that Vaughn was headed to Indiana.  I remember being annoyed because #1 Dick Vitale, and #2 I thought KU was still in on him. 

10 minutes ago, Dalman said:

IU recruited Vaughn hard. I remember watching some prep summer game of some sort that Vaughn played in between his junior and senior year in high school. Dick Vitale was doing color and he said on the telecast that Vaughn was headed to Indiana.  I remember being annoyed because #1 Dick Vitale, and #2 I thought KU was still in on him. 

He did not go to Indiana because he wanted to visit Michigan after his IU visit and Knight pulled the offer. He had and Lafrentz almost in the bag

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

He did not go to Indiana because he wanted to visit Michigan after his IU visit and Knight pulled the offer. He had and Lafrentz almost in the bag

I remember Dakich saying he had those 2 on campus but Knight wouldn't come to Btown for the visit because he had a preplanned fishing trip.

Archived