Romeo Langford

Bear with me here....Idk why but the more I think about Dotson and Grimes predicting IU (MAA player prediction article) and Tim Langford saying Kansas is too far to take another visit.... the more I think Romeo may actually be leaning this way.

Dotson and Grimes potentially trolling by predicting IU and Dad saying it's too far to take another visit (prevent RL from getting another look at campus/program).

Lastly, the whole spotlight at KU, playing deep into the tourney (most likely boosting NBA draft stock due to this) and simply the current prestige of the program... he would almost be stupid not to go there, right? All qualities/traits of IU's former true blue blood status :-(

Even if PT is limited they have demonstrated a successful 3 guard system. I'm playing devil's advocate here to keep my head straight but if I'm a kid, how could I pass up KU?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Max said:

Bear with me here....Idk why but the more I think about Dotson and Grimes predicting IU (MAA player prediction article) and Tim Langford saying Kansas is too far to take another visit.... the more I think Romeo may actually be leaning this way.

Dotson and Grimes potentially trolling by predicting IU and Dad saying it's too far to take another visit (prevent RL from getting another look at campus/program).

Lastly, the whole spotlight at KU, playing deep into the tourney (most likely boosting NBA draft stock due to this) and simply the current prestige of the program... he would almost be stupid not to go there, right? All qualities/traits of IU's former true blue blood status :-(

Even if PT is limited they have demonstrated a successful 3 guard system. I'm playing devil's advocate here to keep my head straight but if I'm a kid, how could I pass up KU?

I counter with the best way to get to the NBA is to be the best player on your team. NBA scouts don't seem to care about NCAA team success with Fultz and Simmons going 1st in the last two drafts w/o even making the NCAA tournament. Romeo would be able to be the unquestioned best player/prospect on IU's team. 

18 hours ago, dyedinthewool said:

Agreed. That is what builds character, and he knows what needs to be done.  Hand wringing in the next fortnight. It doesn't matter which way he decides to go, it will be a  few gut wrenching  phone calls. Which staff, at this point has the most invested in this recruitment?

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

IU and it isn't even close. Romeo may only have to call Archie, but we have put the full court press on him as a program in ways the other two could never have. 

Amen x 1,000 Kob..... I poste earlier in this thread that if Romeo does not choose IU, I feel confident in saying it wasn't because of anything that the coaching staff and especially the fan base, did not do to show him they really want him!!

I really think that there is nobody who knows. I don't even think Romeo himself knows right now. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes his mind up the morning of his announcement. 

So I'm not taking stock of any of the predictions crystal ball picks because even Romeo doesn't know. 

My sources are not directly connected to the family. Take it with a grain of salt.  He has not directly told anyone but the people I know say that is mind is made up. 1 last visit to take away any doubts that might exist. It is a 2 horse race and distance from home gave us the upper hand over KU. this is just based on the feel of people close to the situation and them reading into things. Anyone else hearingsimilar things.

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My sources are not directly connected to the family. Take it with a grain of salt.  He has not directly told anyone but the people I know say that is mind is made up. 1 last visit to take away any doubts that might exist. It is a 2 horse race and distance from home gave us the upper hand over KU. this is just based on the feel of people close to the situation and them reading into things. Anyone else hearingsimilar things.

I like this quote from CoachSS:

Decision not far away now. 

Good time to be an Indiana fan

4 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I like this quote from CoachSS:

Decision not far away now. 

Good time to be an Indiana fan

So do I. I think it truly comes down to does Romeo believe CAM  can him to the next level like Self. We Have Schilling so the answer is yes. Make no mistake it's IU and KU

I agree that Schilling's track record with NBA production is a huge selling point for us, maybe one of the biggest.  

However, I also think that Clif Marshall's  resume is another major selling point. This guy has worked with some of the best athletes at the professional level in several different sports. Archie understood how important selling professional level development was and went out and hired a proven trainer that has a big name client list that will catch young recruits' attention. 

When recently asked what he feels he needs to improve on in an interview (around 3:00 mark), Romeo quickly stated "strength and speed."  Clif and some of our new facilities may be the edge we have and ultimately what keeps Romeo home in the end. 

It's Kansas and I hope i eat crow for it, i just can't see why he would choose IU over KU.  If he truly wanted to play for IU, he would have already announced and signed regardless the coach.  I know absolutely nothing about him or his preferences but my gut says he isn't coming here and its going to be a gut punch to IU and its fans.

15 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

It's Kansas and I hope i eat crow for it, i just can't see why he would choose IU over KU.  If he truly wanted to play for IU, he would have already announced and signed regardless the coach.  I know absolutely nothing about him or his preferences but my gut says he isn't coming here and its going to be a gut punch to IU and its fans.

If Kansas was within driving distance then your logic would be correct.

28 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Dbm, is that you?  Will this ensue the whole backlash debate again?

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

This is pretty much the same information that was shared with me last week.  

McHoop

Archived