Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

It's Kansas and I hope i eat crow for it, i just can't see why he would choose IU over KU.  If he truly wanted to play for IU, he would have already announced and signed regardless the coach.  I know absolutely nothing about him or his preferences but my gut says he isn't coming here and its going to be a gut punch to IU and its fans.

Can't say I'm following your logic but hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be able to serve you a nice helping of crow.  My gut feels pretty good right now, but that could be the sliders I just polished off.

40 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Yup. Close but not too far behind: UCF, Texas, Ole Miss. 

Edit: Need to add...some of the best I've ever seen were at TCU. 

University of Georgia was amazing  and it was during the summer when Louisville played them in baseball for regionals.  Heard everyone would dress up in their Sunday finest when going to the football game.  It would have been a sight to see if could have made it to a football game there.  

10 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

University of Georgia was amazing  and it was during the summer when Louisville played them in baseball for regionals.  Heard everyone would dress up in their Sunday finest when going to the football game.  It would have been a sight to see if could have made it to a football game there.  

Not doubting your experience, but living in GA for 17 years now I'm not impressed. Perhaps the co-ed's you saw hadn't let their bodies get away from them yet. But I have lamented the thought many times that here where the weather is warm and the ladies dress accordingly, that most of them need to put something on! 

12 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Not doubting your experience, but living in GA for 17 years now I'm not impressed. Perhaps the co-ed's you saw hadn't let their bodies get away from them yet. But I have lamented the thought many times that here where the weather is warm and the ladies dress accordingly, that most of them need to put something on! 

Maybe, I was there on a special weekend.  Lol

15 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

Kansas 3 National Championships

Indiana 5 National Championships

🏆

The problem is IU hasn't won a National Title or been in the hunt for one in 20 years.  Kansas is in the hunt every year.  They have won 13 straight B1G 12 titles and are national contenders.  We have an up and coming coach who might get us there, might not.  Just don't know yet.  If he is truly a 1 and done, i just don't see why he would choose IU over Kansas. 

17 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

The problem is IU hasn't won a National Title or been in the hunt for one in 20 years.  Kansas is in the hunt every year.  They have won 13 straight B1G 12 titles and are national contenders.  We have an up and coming coach who might get us there, might not.  Just don't know yet.  If he is truly a 1 and done, i just don't see why he would choose IU over Kansas. 

By that logic, IU and Vandy shouldn't be in the final 3. It should be Duke, Kansas, UNC, fUK, etc. His final 3 tells us that recent program success isn't the only factor in his decision.

27 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Tighten it up.  IU in the title game in 2002.  Kansas has 14 straight conference titles.  

27 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Not all 5 stars care about that... prestige and status are always important, but those recruits will go wherever they’re comfortable. Romeo isn’t a sheep. 

58 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Because he would be "the guy" at iu. Watching Romeo play, he is a little passive, that could change, but it may be hard to stand out at ku, and if anyone saw the mcdonalds game, it may be hard to get garland to share lol

1 hour ago, CrimsonV said:

Tighten it up.  IU in the title game in 2002.  Kansas has 14 straight conference titles.  

Yes, we were there in 2002 (16 years ago) (1992 Final 4, 26 years) (1987 national Title, 31 years ago), I was talking relevance to being title contender. Its been a while since we were.  Hope that changes with CAM

And yup, 14 straight.  I stand corrected.

Archived