Romeo Langford

There are a few things I want to share with you guys, and make a couple of confessions, as well. Thanks to lots of great people I have met over the years, I have been able to share with you information, both good and bad. 

For instance, two weeks before Gunner Keil decomited, I was able to bring you the news, first. Thanks to a couple of trusted sources.  Many scoffed at me. Other berated me. Many were in disbelief. Of course, until it happened.

Another was Cody Zeller. Many great sources helped out on that one.  And word traveled behind the scenes, as well. Convincing me, the intel was solid on Cody... all the way down to the package from IU to Washingtion High School  The Zeller's did a good job when it came to the recruitment of their sons.  But I guess they just had too many friends in the Washington area, they were willing to talk to about Cody and his plans.

Then of course there was De'Ron Davis.  Word kept coming to me.... even when, late in the process that De'Ron had added one school to his list...that IU was the choice.  To the point I felt extremely confident in giving the strong Easterly wind direction prediction from Denver to Bloomington.

And then Billy Donovan.... not saying I got it wrong.  Still believe very strongly in my sources, and there were a handful of them telling me that Billy was in play for the IU gig. Also, that Mr. Glass just got tired of setting deadlines that Billy never made, and Mr. Glass just decided to move on.  Consider that a miss... that's ok with me. 

-------------------------

Now, we get to Romeo Langford, and another confession I have to make.  Early on, I was getting solid intel on Romeo,  from more than one source,and passed it along here.  All of that came to be accurate.  Then nothing solid has come my way for weeks.  I feel that is a testimony to the Langford's, knowing what to say, and who to say it to.

Reading this thread, the past couple of weeks.... I see many of you relying on me to give up what I have on Romeo.  I just want to thank you for your trust in me, and can only believe that trust has been built up literally over the years. Not just for the examples, I gave above, but for others as well. Remember, I don't get paid to seek out information, like some on pay per view sites.  That is a job for them. I do this out of a passion for IU.... and have been blessed over the years, with people who share and understand my passion.... to the point they are willing to share information with me, whenever it comes available to them.

So I want to say to you.. At present,  I have no info, nor do I have any clue, what is going to be Romeo's choice. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

There are a few things I want to share with you guys, and make a couple of confessions, as well. Thanks to lots of great people I have met over the years, I have been able to share with you information, both good and bad. 

For instance, two weeks before Gunner Keil decomited, I was able to bring you the news, first. Thanks to a couple of trusted sources.  Many scoffed at me. Other berated me. Many were in disbelief. Of course, until it happened.

Another was Cody Zeller. Many great sources helped out on that one.  And word traveled behind the scenes, as well. Convincing me, the intel was solid on Cody... all the way down to the package from IU to Washingtion High School  The Zeller's did a good job when it came to the recruitment of their sons.  But I guess they just had too many friends in the Washington area, they were willing to talk to about Cody and his plans.

Then of course there was De'Ron Davis.  Word kept coming to me.... even when, late in the process that De'Ron had added one school to his list...that IU was the choice.  To the point I felt extremely confident in giving the strong Easterly wind direction prediction from Denver to Bloomington.

And then Billy Donovan.... not saying I got it wrong.  Still believe very strongly in my sources, and there were a handful of them telling me that Billy was in play for the IU gig. Also, that Mr. Glass just got tired of setting deadlines that Billy never made, and Mr. Glass just decided to move on.  Consider that a miss... that's ok with me. 

-------------------------

Now, we get to Romeo Langford, and another confession I have to make.  Early on, I was getting solid intel on Romeo,  from more than one source,and passed it along here.  All of that came to be accurate.  Then nothing solid has come my way for weeks.  I feel that is a testimony to the Langford's, knowing what to say, and who to say it to.

Reading this thread, the past couple of weeks.... I see many of you relying on me to give up what I have on Romeo.  I just want to thank you for your trust in me, and can only believe that trust has been built up literally over the years. Not just for the examples, I gave above, but for others as well. Remember, I don't get paid to seek out information, like some on pay per view sites.  That is a job for them. I do this out of a passion for IU.... and have been blessed over the years, with people who share and understand my passion.... to the point they are willing to share information with me, whenever it comes available to them.

So I want to say to you.. At present,  I have no info, nor do I have any clue, what is going to be Romeo's choice. 

We appreciate it, Mile! You do a fantastic job and the thing I appreciate the most is the fact that you don't just throw stuff out there and hope it sticks. You share info you are confident in and if you don't know you tell us you don't know. 

1 minute ago, 5 championships said:

We appreciate it, Mile! You do a fantastic job and the thing I appreciate the most is the fact that you don't just throw stuff out there and hope it sticks. You share info you are confident in and if you don't know you tell us you don't know. 

Very kind words, I thank you for.  Let's keep one thing in mind... Hoosier Sports Nation is unique among IU fan boards. No charge to become a member. No charge to post. And all the information we share here is free, with no hands out for support.  Again, as I mentioned above, none of us get paid for what we do here.  We may get some things wrong from time to time.... but at least our members are not having to pay to get bogus information. Personally, I feel if there is a charge for information, it darn well should be accurate.  I am trying to say this without sounding snarky, or condescending. As I honestly believe all IU fan boards have their place..... just that Hoosier Sports Nation has a special niche among them all being free, without requests for money, or annoying pop-up ads.

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Very kind words, I thank you for.  Let's keep one thing in mind... Hoosier Sports Nation is unique among IU fan boards. No charge to become a member. No charge to post. And all the information we share here is free, with no hands out for support.  Again, as I mentioned above, none of us get paid for what we do here.  We may get some things wrong from time to time.... but at least our members are not having to pay to get bogus information. Personally, I feel if there is a charge for information, it darn well should be accurate.  I am trying to say this without sounding snarky, or condescending. As I honestly believe all IU fan boards have their place..... just that Hoosier Sports Nation has a special niche among them all being free, without requests for money, or annoying pop-up ads.

Mile, you are what makes this board what it is. In my opinion your integrity and credibility are impeccable.  As I have said before, you my friend are the best of the best. And this board and it's members are the best of the best. It is a pleasure to come here and talk with all my fellow Hoosier friends.  

Hoosier hospitality is no accident!

Not the same situation, but I think about Trae Young a bit when it comes to Langford. Young came down to KU and OU and ended up picking OU for two main reasons, it was the in-state school he had boyhood ties to, and because he was going to be the focal point at OU in a way that he wasn't going to be at KU. Langford's recruitment has been different in that his parents have played everything close to the vest, while Trae Young's parents (father) were pretty public about everything. 

Langford would be the focal point at IU in a way that he would not be at KU. He's going to start regardless of where he goes, (KU loses Graham, Svi, Newman, and Vick) but at KU he would be one of the pieces of a really great team, while at IU he would be the guy.

It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out. I just hope it's IU or KU. 

2 minutes ago, Dalman said:

Not the same situation, but I think about Trae Young a bit when it comes to Langford. Young came down to KU and OU and ended up picking OU for two main reasons, it was the in-state school he had boyhood ties to, and because he was going to be the focal point at OU in a way that he wasn't going to be at KU. Langford's recruitment has been different in that his parents have played everything close to the vest, while Trae Young's parents (father) were pretty public about everything. 

Langford would be the focal point in a way that he would not be at KU. He's going to start regardless of where he goes, (KU loses Graham, Svi, Newman, and Vick) but at KU he would be one of the pieces of a really great team, while at IU he would be the guy.

It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out. I just hope it's IU or KU. 

I'd quibble just a bit with your analysis.  IU has some really nice returning talent and some excellent incoming talent, so while he's a starter at IU, I'm not even sure he'd be the leading scorer as a freshman.  No question, that's even more doubtful at KU, but he'll have plenty of help at IU as well.

32 minutes ago, Dalman said:

Langford would be the focal point at IU in a way that he would not be at KU. He's going to start regardless of where he goes, (KU loses Graham, Svi, Newman, and Vick) but at KU he would be one of the pieces of a really great team, while at IU he would be the guy.

I haven't seen where Newman and Vick has declared for the draft

48 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I haven't seen where Newman and Vick has declared for the draft

They haven't. But everyone connected to the program knows they are both gone. NBA drafted or not, they're gone. It was always Newman's plan to redshirt one year and play one year regardless of how his year went. Vick will probably end up playing in Europe. 

16 minutes ago, Dalman said:

They haven't. But everyone connected to the program knows they are both gone. NBA drafted or not, they're gone. It was always Newman's plan to redshirt one year and play one year regardless of how his year went. Vick will probably end up playing in Europe. 

Hmmmmmm, interesting stuff.  TY

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'd quibble just a bit with your analysis.  IU has some really nice returning talent and some excellent incoming talent, so while he's a starter at IU, I'm not even sure he'd be the leading scorer as a freshman.  No question, that's even more doubtful at KU, but he'll have plenty of help at IU as well.

Just listened to a podcast and Bozich (who has watched a ton of Romeo's games in person) said that he thinks if Romeo comes to IU he'll average 20+ ppg. Hard to see anybody matching that. 

That said, I think he will be the focal point, but not to the degree that Trae Young was. Let's not forget that Morgan will most likely be a pre-season top 5 player in the BIG with or without Romeo. 

These will be great problems to have!

8 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Just listened to a podcast and Bozich (who has watched a ton of Romeo's games in person) said that he thinks if Romeo comes to IU he'll average 20+ ppg. Hard to see anybody matching that. 

That said, I think he will be the focal point, but not to the degree that Trae Young was. Let's not forget that Johnson will most likely be a pre-season top 5 player in the BIG with or without Romeo. 

I think that Romeo would have a season similar to Eric Gordon’s season if he comes to IU.

20 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

That said, I think he will be the focal point, but not to the degree that Trae Young was. Let's not forget that Johnson will most likely be a pre-season top 5 player in the BIG with or without Romeo. 

Who is this Johnson?  You mean Morgan?  Morgan averaged 16-17 if I remember right and I doubt he goes backward unless the scoring gets a lot more spread out.  Romeo may very well be the top guy but if he is, I'll bet Morgan is right there with him.

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Who is this Johnson?  You mean Morgan?  Morgan averaged 16-17 if I remember right and I doubt he goes backward unless the scoring gets a lot more spread out.  Romeo may very well be the top guy but if he is, I'll bet Morgan is right there with him.

Duh. I meant Morgan. :$

i just can’t let RoJo go!

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

That said, I think he will be the focal point, but not to the degree that Trae Young was. Let's not forget that Morgan will most likely be a pre-season top 5 player in the BIG with or without Romeo. 

While we have Morgan and others returning, Romeo looks like an EJ level scorer (before his injury). From what i’ve Seen of him, I’d say at least 16 a game

Archived