Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

The longer this goes, the more confident I am that it's IU. The no visit thing doesn't bother me at all. That had the look of a victory lap and this has the look of a recruit who is tired of traveling and wants to keep a little suspense in the decision. Credit Romeo and family for playing this as well as the Zellers did. Nobody (including me and DBM) outside of a very tight circle (that isn't talking) knows where he's going and that's a good thing. I hate decision announcements with no mystery in them.

He did mention Schilling in the quote. And we all felt like Ed and Clif were a big feather in our cap. So at the very least that is something he weighed. Now we see how many % points that really counted for him. Or if the recent success and 1andDones at KU mean more.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

The longer this goes, the more confident I am that it's IU. The no visit thing doesn't bother me at all. That had the look of a victory lap and this has the look of a recruit who is tired of traveling and wants to keep a little suspense in the decision. Credit Romeo and family for playing this as well as the Zellers did. Nobody (including me and DBM) outside of a very tight circle (that isn't talking) knows where he's going and that's a good thing. I hate decision announcements with no mystery in them.

That's kind of how I see it too, seems like he may be a little tired of the hype and the media.  Pretty quiet kid, probably not his thing yet.

11 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Kansas lock.

Hasn't even visited their campus. But his latest quotes make it seem that he cares about the NBA, not the campus.

Langford took an official visit to KU the last weekend of October, 2017. He's been there. 

14 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

All is true.  Mile never said he knew where Romeo was going only that he'd shocked if Kansas was the pick.  And you never said Donovan to IU.  That was Btowninsider an obvious troll.

Thank you sir.  Very true about being shocked if Kansas is Romeo's pick. Especially after intel coming my way.... just today.  No... I can't call it for IU. Wish I could. But I am willing to say.... today.... this thing is still up in the air.  And I doubt KU is a player. Despite, a minor change in the Crystal Ball. I will have you note IU is still in the lead. And there is a reason why.  Coaches.... coaches.... coaches.

4 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

If I had to guess by reading his comments, I think it's IU. He seems to be really sold not only Archie but coach Schilling.

Timing is everything here imo. The timing feels reallyyyy bad.

6 minutes ago, Dalman said:

Langford took an official visit to KU the last weekend of October, 2017. He's been there. 

Good call. I missed that. I'm going to keep being overdramatic anyways :cheers:

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thank you sir.  Very true about being shocked if Kansas is Romeo's pick. Especially after intel coming my way.... just today.  No... I can't call it for IU. Wish I could. But I am willing to say.... today.... this thing is still up in the air.  And I doubt KU is a player. Despite, a minor change in the Crystal Ball. I will have you note IU is still in the lead. And there is a reason why.  Coaches.... coaches.... coaches.

Only one of the schools did he mention 2 coaches... IU. But to decide to not take another visit when those 2 coaches are asking you to doesnt feel right. He'd have to be close to 100% IU right not to know he doesn't need another visit.

1 minute ago, CapnRon said:

There is the nasty turn I was talking about lol.

LOL, right? Some of you need to just take a deep breath. He had very good things to say about IU (IMO the best. Talked about both Archie and Schilling. Not talk of other Vandy or KU staff members). He's also looking to announce in-state, in front of a pro-IU crowd.

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Thanks captain obvious.  Anyone with the IQ of a banana knew if it was IU it would've been announced a while ago.

You might want to tone down the angry hyperbole a bit. Plenty of people with solid IQ's would disagree with that statement..

8 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

He did mention Schilling in the quote. And we all felt like Ed and Clif were a big feather in our cap. So at the very least that is something he weighed. Now we see how many % points that really counted for him. Or if the recent success and 1andDones at KU mean more.

Why are you even debating?  You already said Kansas lock.

3 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Timing is everything here imo. The timing feels reallyyyy bad.

I get that and I'm assuming that's what the recent picks are going off...a couple of KU perimeter players leaving.  I think there is a LOT more to this decision than that.

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Bingo!

One can get info about IU academics over the internet . Or over the phone. I have a young lady directly across the street from me who's best friend is at IU, and I have given her ways to get info about IU.

Edit: I forgot to add...we are in Colorado....and not in New Albany, Indiana.

8 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

A lot of people said that if Romeo visited IU again that it was a good sign, would probably be more a visit about academics, now that he's not visiting IU again are we to assume it's a bad sign?

That was the message at the time. But doesn’t seem to be the message now...

12 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Only one of the schools did he mention 2 coaches... IU. But to decide to not take another visit when those 2 coaches are asking you to doesn't feel right. He'd have to be close to 100% IU right not to know he doesn't need another visit.

I personally think he is, but he's allowing himself room to change his mind if something big breaks with any of his choices.  I'm not locked-in confident, but I've felt very good about IU's chances for quite awhile. No need to rehash all that's been mentioned in 200+ pages, but there are a lot of reasons to choose IU and stay close to home.

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

That was the message at the time. But doesn’t seem to be the message now...

Yeah, and before going to bed, Jeffries told his parents he was going to announce for Duke. Only to wake the next morning to announce for IU.  With teenagers... expect ...the unexpected. 

Archived