Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

And just to clarify Mile is far more connected and intelligent than just about anyone on this board.   I wasn't meaning to imply anything negative.  

I do appreciate the compliment. And don't want to ever disappoint you, or any other member in the future

Quite honestly, I am taken aback by your words. And truly appreciate them.  Thank you.

I do what I do.  Only in the interest of Good Old  IU. 

49 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Kansas lock.

Hasn't even visited their campus. But his latest quotes make it seem that he cares about the NBA, not the campus.

And you know, if that's the case, good luck to him.  I want recruits that want to focus on winning games for IU - not using us as a springboard to go play in the NBA.

1 hour ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

A lot of people said that if Romeo visited IU again that it was a good sign, would probably be more a visit about academics, now that he's not visiting IU again are we to assume it's a bad sign?

Obviously it’s not as good as if he did visit, but maybe his schedule is busier than he thought it would be.  I have no clue honestly.  Wouldn’t be shocked if he picked any school.  As some stated, at this point anything that anyone thinks they know are guesses and rumors.

Have to admit, my mind doesn't work like most peoples so bear with me as I think out loud on the keyboard. I have trouble following myself a lot. These are just my thoughts without any info.

Romeo decided a long time ago, that he was going to wait until after all of the silly season stuff was over to decide on a college. Coaching carousel, early entrants, transfers, etc. Sounds very reasonable to me.O.o Him not deciding earlier, does not exclude any of his current choices, it was always his plan.(Just Guessing here)

He is now saying he knows everything he needs to know, so visits are unnecessary. I would hope he knows by now! But why the change from saying he was going to visit IU? Has he gotten some insider info of his own? The homer in me, says after talking to Cam Reddish about playing with Jake Forrester, he has decided concerns about next years IU front court have been dissuaded. Now he just has to go back and do his pluses and minuses thing to decide from three very good options.

Meaning even he doesn't know where he's going yet! :D 

Don't kill the messenger.....me.  And don't ask me who the messenger is.... because, I won't tell.  Only substantiated by one source.  Not double sourced, like I like to have.  Yet can't get any closer than this. A Watford in home reveals how close IU feels they are to landing...... Romeo.

Now... have I said... Romeo is an IU lock ?  No.  Does IU feel they have locked up Romeo ? No.  However, what I am saying is, as of today....IU feels good about landing Romeo.

Edit: And I forgot to add....the in home with the Watfords went very, very good today.

19 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Have to admit, my mind doesn't work like most peoples so bear with me as I think out loud on the keyboard. I have trouble following myself a lot. These are just my thoughts without any info.

Romeo decided a long time ago, that he was going to wait until after all of the silly season stuff was over to decide on a college. Coaching carousel, early entrants, transfers, etc. Sounds very reasonable to me.O.o Him not deciding earlier, does not exclude any of his current choices, it was always his plan.(Just Guessing here)

He is now saying he knows everything he needs to know, so visits are unnecessary. I would hope he knows by now! But why the change from saying he was going to visit IU? Has he gotten some insider info of his own? The homer in me, says after talking to Cam Reddish about playing with Jake Forrester, he has decided concerns about next years IU front court have been dissuaded. Now he just has to go back and do his pluses and minuses thing to decide from three very good options.

Meaning even he doesn't know where he's going yet! :D 

After playing with those guys in the All Star games he has decided that Archie and Ed offer a great coaching tandem and that playing with all these guys with the same goal as he is going to lead to problems having enough balls for everyone.

His buddy RP, a Senior Morgan, and the IU coaching staff seal the deal for IU.

Personally, I feel like it’s been Indiana for quite some time. Say what you will about the indecisiveness, but he wanted to and has enjoyed this recruitment to it’s fullest. 

The basketball people from the area that I know, now believe it’s Indiana. Once again, they haven’t heard it from him, nor Tim Langford, but that’s the word on the street. 

He’s over it and ready, but I feel like he still needs to reaffirm his decision, without any distractions. Yeah, you could read into the Kansas kids leaving just about as much as the Vandy kids getting “creaned.” However, IU has had his spot ready from day number one and he knows that and has known all along.

if he were to choose another school, I wouldn’t be shocked per se, but I would be surprised. I’m about as confident as can be and believe he’s going to IU. The way he talks in detail about the Indiana staff speaks for itself. 

Don’t panic, there’s much worse things in life to worry about than some kid’s college basketball decision. But I believe now more than anytime before, he’s headed to Bloomington.

A1A07491-0798-48D1-B423-401F47E5AC26.jpeg

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Don't kill the messenger.....me.  And don't ask me who the messenger is.... because, I won't tell.  Only substantiated by one source.  Not double sourced, like I like to have.  Yet can't get any closer than this. A Watford in home reveals how close IU feels they are to landing...... Romeo.

Now... have I said... Romeo is an IU lock ?  No.  Does IU feel they have locked up Romeo ? No.  However, what I am saying is, as of today....IU feels good about landing Romeo. 

This is correct information.  

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Edit: And I forgot to add....the in home with the Watfords went very, very good today.

Keep up the good work Mile!

I don’t like the timing of Romeo not visiting and Kansas players declaring for the NBA. 

However, I’m still holding out for a little bit of hope that he still anounces in New Albany open to the public. 

Vandy doesn’t scare me as much now but Kansas does. Still think it’s odd that a recruit would pick a school that far away and not go on a visit.

Archived