Romeo Langford

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

Wasn’t that peegs info?

If so....and I like Mike..... but he must have gotten it from my source.  As I don't visit Peegs.  Not going to pay for information, I get for free.

Just proves to me... if what you say is true.... I have quality sources... willing to share intel with me. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I don’t like the timing of Romeo not visiting and Kansas players declaring for the NBA. 

However, I’m still holding out for a little bit of hope that he still anounces in New Albany open to the public. 

Vandy doesn’t scare me as much now but Kansas does. Still think it’s odd that a recruit would pick a school that far away and not go on a visit.

He took an official in October.

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Don't kill the messenger.....me.  And don't ask me who the messenger is.... because, I won't tell.  Only substantiated by one source.  Not double sourced, like I like to have.  Yet can't get any closer than this. A Watford in home reveals how close IU feels they are to landing...... Romeo.

Now... have I said... Romeo is an IU lock ?  No.  Does IU feel they have locked up Romeo ? No.  However, what I am saying is, as of today....IU feels good about landing Romeo.

Edit: And I forgot to add....the in home with the Watfords went very, very good today.

Thanks for the info Mile! Is there any chance you could elaborate on how the Watford visit is related to Romeo? Are they friends or something?

10 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

I just love how recruiting plays out.  Over at the Kansas board on scout, a poster is claiming that Romeo is going to announce the first week of May for Kansas from his reliable source.  Let it be the battle of the sources!

Has anything come out about changing the announcement time? Everything I've seen recently has been 4/13-4/30. They've kept to their plan pretty close the whole way. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierdave said:

Thanks for the info Mile! Is there any chance you could elaborate on how the Watford visit is related to Romeo? Are they friends or something?

No relationship. Just that Romeo came up in conversation, is what I was told. And it was positive.

4 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Has anything come out about changing the announcement time? Everything I've seen recently has been 4/13-4/30. They've kept to their plan pretty close the whole way. 

Romeo said in an interview from Brooklyn today that they would decide the week after the April 13th game in Oregon.  So we’re looking at April 15th - 21st.

33 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Don't kill the messenger.....me.  And don't ask me who the messenger is.... because, I won't tell.  Only substantiated by one source.  Not double sourced, like I like to have.  Yet can't get any closer than this. A Watford in home reveals how close IU feels they are to landing...... Romeo.

Now... have I said... Romeo is an IU lock ?  No.  Does IU feel they have locked up Romeo ? No.  However, what I am saying is, as of today....IU feels good about landing Romeo.

Edit: And I forgot to add....the in home with the Watfords went very, very good today.

Thanks, Mile, and this is not a remark towards you, but it's possible that the Vandy coaching staff, and Kansas coaching staff feel good about their chances of landing Romeo, too.

2 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Posts like this are what keep me off of other message boards.

You have to forgive that poster because he is one of the most negative posters on any board.  He is like that on the rivals board and he is more suited for that board than this one.  He has said all along he was a Vandy lock and now he thinks he is a KU lock.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You have to forgive that poster because he is one of the most negative posters on any board.  He is like that on the rivals board and he is more suited for that board than this one.  He has said all along he was a Vandy lock and now he thinks he is a KU lock.

You forgot the in between where he wavered considerably on his Vandy prediction.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thank you sir.  Very true about being shocked if Kansas is Romeo's pick. Especially after intel coming my way.... just today.  No... I can't call it for IU. Wish I could. But I am willing to say.... today.... this thing is still up in the air.  And I doubt KU is a player. Despite, a minor change in the Crystal Ball. I will have you note IU is still in the lead. And there is a reason why.  Coaches.... coaches.... coaches.

It is  a minor thing but the only reason why I think it might not be KU is last week both KU players at the AA game picked IU for Romeo.  If they really thought he was going to KU wouldn't you think they would have picked KU for Romeo.  The main reason why I think it is KU is that Newman and Vick declared for the draft and then cancelled any visits.

47 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the info...if IU were to land Romeo then the dominos are going to start falling into place.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is  a minor thing but the only reason why I think it might not be KU is last week both KU players at the AA game picked IU for Romeo.  If they really thought he was going to KU wouldn't you think they would have picked KU for Romeo.  The main reason why I think it is KU is that Newman and Vick declared for the draft and then cancelled any visits.

DISTANCE. DISTANCE. DISTANCE.  Be patient. It's a good time to be a HOOSIER 

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

DISTANCE. DISTANCE. DISTANCE.  Be patient. It's a good time to be a HOOSIER 

Langfords are a close family and I always thought Kansas is a little too far for Romeo, but if Louisville or Kentucky was in the mixed then I would be more worried.  Thank God for strippers, FBI, and Cal's huge Ego.  :P

8 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

Langfords are a close family and I always thought Kansas is a little too far for Romeo, but if Louisville or Kentucky was in the mixed then I would be more worried.  Thank God for strippers, FBI, and Cal's huge Ego.  :P

Don’t forget about an IU coach who’s welcome into the Langford’s home

14 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Don’t forget about an IU coach who’s welcome into the Langford’s home

Yeah, if it was not for the FBI investigation then Romeo would have been a Louisville lock.  Things did fall just right for us, but I rather be lucky than good everday of the week and twice on Sunday.  

Archived