Romeo Langford

I heard Sean East looked very impressive tonight at the North/South All Star game.  Maybe Sean East has been informed of Romeos decision. What if, behind the scenes, Archie and Sean have already spoken and Archie offered him as a preferred walk. I feel that is why things have been so quiet with Sean. I have a feeling Sean has already been offered prefered walk on  by Archie. He knows Romeo is going to IU and will announce that he, too is going to IU, ONLY after Romeo officially announces first. I sure like the sound of this.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tru123dt said:

Yeah, if it was not for the FBI investigation then Romeo would have been a Louisville lock.  Things did fall just right for us, but I rather be lucky than good everday of the week and twice on Sunday.  

No he wouldn't have been

Supposedly he was originally a Duke lock.  I'm guessing he went through several favorites through his recruitment. 

One of my all-time favorite things to read was that Romeo didn't like how Roy ran practice and didn't think Calipari knew what he was doing in the huddle...hilarious stuff!

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Supposedly he was originally a Duke lock.  I'm guessing he went through several favorites through his recruitment. 

One of my all-time favorite things to read was that Romeo didn't like how Roy ran practice and didn't think Calipari knew what he was doing in the huddle...hilarious stuff!

He did not go to prep school, so no Duke.

13 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

The Sean East thing was what we talked about several weeks ago.  It is interesting that a player of that caliber hasn’t signed with a team yet as well.  I’d love to have him on the team in any form.  Kids a winner and can shoot.  

I've been saying this for months. Fantastic ball handler and a good shot. Stunned that he doesn't at least have some good mid majors knocking at his door.

If he would be a preferred walk on at IU, I'd be ecstatic. 

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It is  a minor thing but the only reason why I think it might not be KU is last week both KU players at the AA game picked IU for Romeo.  If they really thought he was going to KU wouldn't you think they would have picked KU for Romeo.  The main reason why I think it is KU is that Newman and Vick declared for the draft and then cancelled any visits.

Romeo is not going to IU.

7 minutes ago, Max said:

👀

7B63FAA3-4AAB-4BCF-BDB1-BE4BC1FCDB4F.png

If you look back 60-70 pages, you’ll also see where he retweeted a Vandy kid with a similar tweet as this Kansas City guy. Does it mean anything, or just speculation? 🤷🏻‍♂️ We’ll find out soon enough, but my money is on IU. 

36 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Romeo is not going to IU.

We know, you’ve told us that time and time again. In fact, you haven’t a clue where he’ll go, you just know it isn’t Indiana... I’m intrigued as to why you’re so confident that he’s going elsewhere? From what I’m hearing, IU is stronger now than after HH. Time will tell...

8 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

I heard Sean East looked very impressive tonight at the North/South All Star game.  Maybe Sean East has been informed of Romeos decision. What if, behind the scenes, Archie and Sean have already spoken and Archie offered him as a preferred walk. I feel that is why things have been so quiet with Sean. I have a feeling Sean has already been offered prefered walk on  by Archie. He knows Romeo is going to IU and will announce that he, too is going to IU, ONLY after Romeo officially announces first. I sure like the sound of this.

I hear East has an offer from Huntington.  Not sure about the family financial situation or what he may do but I like the idea. 

12 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

Romeo said in an interview from Brooklyn today that they would decide the week after the April 13th game in Oregon.  So we’re looking at April 15th - 21st.

So my theory of him announcing for IU (predicted 60 pages ago) while being grand marshal for Little 5 is still in play?

I'm not doubting Mile's sources at all, but I don't know if you can take anything a coach says on a recruiting visit seriously.  It's a big part of Archie's job to try to convince guys to come play for him.  Most coaches (not saying Archie specifically) lie, cheat, and steal to get recruits.  Why wouldn't a coach say we're in a great position with some of the top guys in the next 2 classes?  If it ends up that we don't get them, he'll have a reason for it at that time that makes IU look fine.

I'm hoping the Billy Preston situation scared Romeo away.  I tried reading about it, and the whole thing is so sketchy.  He was in an accident that wasn't report, then it turned out to be him just hitting a curb?  Meanwhile there was a hit in run on campus that was reported around the same time, and nobody can figure out what kind of car he was driving?  Why would him hitting a curb even be something that was reported?  Seems like a bunch of shady crap to me.  Glad the ncaa takes these things seriously lol

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I hear East has an offer from Huntington.  Not sure about the family financial situation or what he may do but I like the idea. 

This bolsters very favorable information  recently received about a purported conversation between East and a HC staff member;  the gist of which, didn't pertain to  East ....:cheers:

McHoop

1 hour ago, McHoop said:

This bolsters very favorable information  recently received about a purported conversation between East and a HC staff member;  the gist of which, didn't pertain to  East ....:cheers:

McHoop

I think getting East as a preferred walk on would be a steal as well.

Get he and Romeo along with what we already have in this class and Archie gets an A+ from me for his first class.

Archived