Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New article from Zagoria confirming the information that Mile said yesterday regarding Watford in home and Miller's feeling on the Romeo recruitment.  Is it coach speak, maybe, but maybe not.  Miller had to know this information would be made public, interesting to see what the Langford's feel about this.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/04/08/trendon-watford-has-amazing-home-visit-with-indiana-more-visits-coming/

9 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

New article from Zagoria confirming the information that Mile said yesterday regarding Watford in home and Miller's feeling on the Romeo recruitment.  Is it coach speak, maybe, but maybe not.  Miller had to know this information would be made public, interesting to see what the Langford's feel about this.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/04/08/trendon-watford-has-amazing-home-visit-with-indiana-more-visits-coming/

This pretty much confirms what Mile’s sources told him about the visit. Watford came out saying that Archie told him they’re “real close” in landing Romeo

If dominos fall into place we could be the #1 team heading into to ‘19-‘20 season

28 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

This pretty much confirms what Mile’s sources told him about the visit. Watford came out saying that Archie told him they’re “real close” in landing Romeo

If dominos fall into place we could be the #1 team heading into to ‘19-‘20 season

Or we could win it all next year!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I haven't lived in Louisville or 5 years but I always enjoyed going to the Classic. Why did they shut it down? Low attendance?

The game survived for years on having UK recruits. That does not happen any more with the way Cal recruits.  One and done players go to the McDonald's  game and the Jordan brand.  The Derby Festival can no longer get players like that.  

IU and UL fans can kid themselves, but neither fan base supported the game like UK fans.  Romeo, obviously, would have drawn IU fans this year, but he is a local kid and a once in a generation player for the area.  IU fans would not have turned out in droves to see Phinisee, Hunter, Anderson, and Forester.  They just wouldn't. 

Without UK players, the game could not survive.  Once Cal leaves UK and the way they recruit changes, you'll see the game revived.

3 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Not much longer now. 

I haven't gone through the responses on here. Lots to like for IU fans. 

Late last night I heard something said from one of IU's coaches. I think IU fans should remain confident. Of course, everyone will do whatever they please so this isn't any sort of plea from me. Do as you wish. I know how I feel about this recruitment. Glad it's almost over and excited for the future of IU basketball. 

Coach. Just so our members understand.  You and I have not communicated much over the Langford recruitment.  While we have done so on other young players in the past.

And... as I posted earlier in this thread.  The subject of Romeo came up in the Watford inhome..  And the IU coaches were feeling good about Romeo.  However, as I said then.  Not a lock, nor a commit.  Just a good feeling.  Knowing we have not communicated much about Romeo.... it is good to hear the same from you.

Considering that Romeo said he isn't adamant about being a OAD, I feel like IU offers such a tremendous opportunity to him. Not only would he cement his legacy, but he would also potentially have an instant title contender team with players like TJD and KBJ/Watford to join him by his sophomore year.

I hope that the staff has also mentioned to Romeo that whatever school he chooses, he will be associated with them for the rest of his life. Even if IU may not be a top ten team this year if he commits/he ends up being a OAD, he could very well be the catalyst that brings the IU program back to its glory days. Not to mention, he would always be welcomed back to Assembly Hall with 17,000+ chanting his name.  

50 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Considering that Romeo said he isn't adamant about being a OAD, I feel like IU offers such a tremendous opportunity to him. Not only would he cement his legacy, but he would also potentially have an instant title contender team with players like TJD and KBJ/Watford to join him by his sophomore year.

I hope that the staff has also mentioned to Romeo that whatever school he chooses, he will be associated with them for the rest of his life. Even if IU may not be a top ten team this year if he commits/he ends up being a OAD, he could very well be the catalyst that brings the IU program back to its glory days. Not to mention, he would always be welcomed back to Assembly Hall with 17,000+ chanting his name.  

Holy smokes - we would be so dominant with that team

4 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Not much longer now. 

I haven't gone through the responses on here. Lots to like for IU fans. 

Late last night I heard something said from one of IU's coaches. I think IU fans should remain confident. Of course, everyone will do whatever they please so this isn't any sort of plea from me. Do as you wish. I know how I feel about this recruitment. Glad it's almost over and excited for the future of IU basketball. 

Thanks to you and others who share this type of information. However it turns out I know it can't be easy to say on a board. 

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

Well said mile. 

I heard (last night) some positive comments and quotes from some people very, very involved people in this recruitment. I maintain that the information largely hasn't changed much the last few months. It's been the fans and media trying to latch on to certain things and run with them. The proverbial "throw $h!* at the wall and see what sticks" approach. 

Indiana in a very good spot here. 

True .  Very true.  As YOU.... as well as 0708.... and myself have been led down the primrose path in the past.  Still things look good for IU. And hearing the same from you from a different point of view... makes me Happy.

Of course, as we all know....It is not over until the fat lady sings

After all.... we have all been around the block when it comes to teenagers. Haven't we ?

6 hours ago, McHoop said:

This bolsters very favorable information  recently received about a purported conversation between East and a HC staff member;  the gist of which, didn't pertain to  East ....:cheers:

McHoop

That is what I heard as well and I think when I said there are a couple of factors that could switch his choice from IU to KU. I think Sean East is one of those factors 

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That is what I heard as well and I think when I said there are a couple of factors that could switch his choice from IU to KU. I think Sean East is one of those factors 

Does this mean Kansas is going to offer East or IU will not offer East causing Romeo to choose Kansas? 

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Idk. I heard from. A few it's IU but couple factors could change that.  I thought Morgan is 1 now hearing East is one factor. 

I believe there is only one school involved interested in East.  That would be IU.  East has a preferred walk on offer and potentially an a scholarship offer if someone transfers.  

Edit: only 1 of Romeos finalist interested in East that is.

23 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I believe there is only one school involved interested in East.  That would be IU.  East has a preferred walk on offer and potentially an a scholarship offer if someone transfers.  

Vandy would be stupid not to offer East if it guaranteed them Romeo.  If they won't do that, maybe they don't think they have a chance.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Vandy would be stupid not to offer East if it guaranteed them Romeo.  If they won't do that, maybe they don't think they have a chance.

I agree, I was told this a couple weeks ago.  I thought I shared it to the board.  Maybe I didn’t.  I can’t keep track.  

53 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Is that a scholarship if ANYONE transfers, or if a guard transfers? 

I know it's an honor and privilege to be in these games like McDondalds All American and others, but they are so boring! I'm sitting here watching this Jordan Brand Classic and it brutal! There looks to be a lot of empty seats, sloppy play, no defense. I'm sure Romeo will be glad when they are over. Just my opinion.

33 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Didn't they have two transfers after the season was over?  Does Vandy have two available scholly's?

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I know it's an honor and privilege to be in these games like McDondalds All American and others, but they are so boring! I'm sitting here watching this Jordan Brand Classic and it brutal! There looks to be a lot of empty seats, sloppy play, no defense. I'm sure Romeo will be glad when they are over. Just my opinion.

Agree 100%. Romeo looks super bored and the play is super sloppy and uninspiring. I don't get what the point of these games are outside of "showcasing" how much work these guys need to do. Total snoozefest, this game is. 

Archived