Romeo Langford

22 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

Is that a scholarship if ANYONE transfers, or if a guard transfers? 

It has to be he right scenario for him to get a scholarship.  If Romeo comes and say Taylor wants to come then he probably doesn’t get a ship.  I’m not sure of this scenario part, it’s just what makes sense to me.  

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Idk. I heard from. A few it's IU but couple factors could change that.  I thought Morgan is 1 now hearing East is one factor. 

Could you clear something up for me? A little lost with the whole "factor that could change" and East...are you saying that East was likely going to take the IU walk-on offer/potential scholly but now is reconsidering and thus potentially influencing Romeo to go elsewhere?

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Could you clear something up for me? A little lost with the whole "factor that could change" and East...are you saying that East was likely going to take the IU walk-on offer/potential scholly but now is reconsidering and thus potentially influencing Romeo to go elsewhere?

Thanks.

You're not the only one confused by all the cryptic comments...

2 hours ago, BEKA said:

Agree 100%. Romeo looks super bored and the play is super sloppy and uninspiring. I don't get what the point of these games are outside of "showcasing" how much work these guys need to do. Total snoozefest, this game is. 

They existed originally to showcase talent pre-internet when there were physical publications listing talent throughout the country.  They exist now because of shoe companies.  Speaking of which, is being a Parade all-American a big deal any longer or did that go away when physical newspapers started going away?  I just remember that being a big deal and now rarely hear it mentioned.

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Thanks.

He’s saying that if Morgan decides to hire an agent and turn pro, that’s factor #1. Factor #2 is Sean East. I’ve heard for some time that Sean East can and will impact Romeo and where he decides to go.

7 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

He’s saying that if Morgan decides to hire an agent and turn pro, that’s factor #1. Factor #2 is Sean East. I’ve heard for some time that Sean East can and will impact Romeo and where he decides to go.

Wow.  Thanks for the intel on East....as I have been saying, not much on the Romeo front has been coming my way, lately. I do appreciate your sharing what you have heard with us. Thanks, again !

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I have a feeling that maybe Mile, CoachSS and 0708 have a better insight in regards to this subject matter. 

I would not immediately discount information coming from people in/around New Albany or those with strong New Albany connections.  Just because someone may not be connected on the state or national level does not mean they don't have solid information on this particular recruitment.

34 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

If the only way Romeo comes to IU is if Sean East comes as well, then I don't feel particularly confident about it. I haven't seen or heard any reports about IU staff's relationship with him. I feel like that puts Archie and Co. in a very tough position. It can't be easy trying to convince East in a couple of weeks/months that IU is the best decision for what he personally wants/needs out of his college experience. 

So in regards to East... I'm assuming that he and Romeo are close? Neither of them show much expression so it has been hard to know how close they are. Also East has lived under Romeo's shadow throughout his high school career, so I wasn't sure if East was ready to shed that or if he would prefer sticking with Romeo if he had the chance.

Archived