Romeo Langford

2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Glad to know that we impressed Trendon. I don't think Brooks comes to IU. He just really seems to really love Izzo as a person and I don't expect that relationship to get any worse. I do hope that the whole TJD committing after all his in-home visits is true. I think that would help us land either one of Brooks/Watford. 

Can somebody catch me up? How many spots do we have open in 2019?

Don't they all play the same position? Even if we could, Archie wouldn't bring on 3 PF's, right?

Best case scenario is getting 2 of the 3?  

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Don't they all play the same position? Even if we could, Archie wouldn't bring on 3 PF's, right?

I could see KBJ playing the 3-4, Watford playing the 3-4, TJD playing the 4-5 at any time, plus with others. Add one guard to that class and it's golden. Like really really golden!

3 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I could see KBJ playing the 3-4, Watford playing the 3-4, TJD playing the 4-5 at any time, plus with others. Add one guard to that class and it's golden. Like really really golden!

We could absolutely play all 3 at the same time. All 3 are completely different players... Brooks is the highflying wing, Watford is ultra-skilled (similar to his brother, just times by about 4), and TJD is 6-9, 6-10 and can do about everything besides a jumper with range. They could all start at the 3-5 for sure as SO's. 

6 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

A whole lot depends. My guess would be 2-3 open spots. Right now we would have at least one from Juwan graduating, and without Romeo's or a grad transfer, we still have 2 available scholarships. So obviously those 2 spots can change based on a ton of different outcomes. If Romeo commits and is a OAD, thats an open spot. If Romeo commits and isnt a OAD, then one less spot.  If he gets a grad transfer or not, that's an open spot. And obviously, don't forget the chance of a current player(s) transferring.  

As for Archie trying to get all 3, I would doubt that unless a current SF/PF transferred. 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

He is in the perfect situation. If wrong he can say I'm just glad I was wrong. If right he can talk all kinds of crap. See I told you so. That's what my kids did as toddlers so if for some crazy reason it is not IU that is what I expect to hear.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

exactly what he'll do

The last time he made such a bold prediction, he denied that he was wrong until the very end and then disappeared for awhile after he couldn't deny it any longer. 

A whole lot depends. My guess would be 2-3 open spots. Right now we would have at least one from Juwan graduating, and without Romeo's or a grad transfer, we still have 2 available scholarships. So obviously those 2 spots can change based on a ton of different outcomes. If Romeo commits and is a OAD, thats an open spot. If Romeo commits and isnt a OAD, then one less spot.  If he gets a grad transfer or not, that's an open spot. And obviously, don't forget the chance of a current player(s) transferring.  

As for Archie trying to get all 3, I would doubt that unless a current SF/PF transferred. 

could also give McRoberts the scholly and it would open up 2 after this year, one person transfers, boom got your 13. 

Just now, hoosierBGH said:

The last time he made such a bold prediction, he denied that he was wrong until the very end and then disappeared for awhile after he couldn't deny it any longer. 

Speaking of which...have there been any Eyeore sightings today?

I could see Moore transferring - I don't see how he would get any minutes with the type of players we are going after.

2 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

I'm sure he's making the rounds of all the boards he frequents. He's been spending a lot of time on another board I visit because we are "too positive" here. 

Good grief...dude must enjoy wallowing in misery.  What a way to go through life...

48 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We could absolutely play all 3 at the same time. All 3 are completely different players... Brooks is the highflying wing, Watford is ultra-skilled (similar to his brother, just times by about 4), and TJD is 6-9, 6-10 and can do about everything besides a jumper with range. They could all start at the 3-5 for sure as SO's. 

Plus throw in Jerome Hunter at the 2 and a senior Justin Smith in there. So much length and athleticism. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

That's actually not really what I meant. I didn't mean he'll be "the man" at IU, like it's on him to carry the team. I'm sure he will to an extent, but I more meant the role in the lineup is crystal clear for him, and the pieces around him will compliment his game well, especially if the pg role gets solidified. Langford will be the main perimeter wing scorer. He'll have Morgan to be the leader, inside scorer and pick/roll partner, he'll have McRoberts to defend the other teams best player so won't have to worry about that, etc., etc. I more meant fit as opposed to being the man. 

Got it -- I think we're basically saying the same thing though. Main perimeter wing scorer and maybe lead scorer. He's going to be a top dog (dawg down here) regardless at IU. Not so clear at KU.

1 hour ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

A New Albany assistant was in a twitter beef with a Kansas fan the other week. After some (a lot) of back and forth, the assistant said he would make a bet with the guy that Romeo ended up at IU. He did say he had no idea, but it was his hunch. He himself is a Louisville fan, but was saying good things about Archie (not necessarily IU tho).

Btw, nothing was professional about the exchange, however I did not find it "unethical".

Brooks was a strong MSU lean prior. Not anymore. The "straightforwardness" of IU's staff is refreshing for a lot of recruits families.

Just to clear this up as i know the assistant and live in New Albany.  Those two know each other, the "kansas fan", not sure if he is or isn't, played baseball at New Albany, at UofL, and now for the Yankees farm team. The assistant is also played basketball at New Albany.   It wasn't a serious bet, just a way for him to prove he's serious. 

9 minutes ago, IUBUll said:

Just to clear this up as i know the assistant and live in New Albany.  Those two know each other, the "kansas fan", not sure if he is or isn't, played baseball at New Albany, at UofL, and now for the Yankees farm team. The assistant is also played basketball at New Albany.   It wasn't a serious bet, just a way for him to prove he's serious. 

Welcome to the forum!

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Yes it is and it so negative over there.  If you supported Crean at all you got blasted and was told you have no clue about basketball.

You deserved it if you “believed” in Crean!

JUST KIDDING!!!!!! I am thrilled we have Archie now though!

Archived