Romeo Langford

13 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Besides the Watford interview what would have changed in the last few days to make us the heavy Lean?

Not something thats made public i'm sure.  The watford interview, EJ to UK, Taylor to NW are all just pieces to the puzzle, we don't have all the pieces yet.  

30 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you.  Was on the old site during the coaching search.  

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

Isn't Nick a Peegs contributor?

I have no clue who this guy is. After that TylerDBrooke dude said JB Jr was transferring I don't put much into early twitter guys. Should I? I like the positive vibe and signs I'm hearing but didn't everyone learn from Rabjohn's mistake with Yogi?? Let the kid have his moment instead of trying to be first. Am I wrong here?

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have no clue who this guy is. After that TylerDBrooke dude said JB Jr was transferring I don't put much into early twitter guys. Should I? I like the positive vibe and signs I'm hearing but didn't everyone learn from Rabjohn's mistake with Yogi?? Let the kid have his moment instead of trying to be first. Am I wrong here?

U are correct thats why it might have to come sooner than expected

Agree that you can’t put much stock in what random people on Twitter say, but I have no problem with media guys/people in the know trying to break the story.  If Romeo knows where he’s going now, it’s fair game.

The only information I have comes from this board.  I sure like what I am reading on here, particularly from Coach, 708 and my fellow old region rat, Mile.

if Archie can make a substantial portion of what seems possible on the recruiting front, come through to fruition, WE ARE BACK!

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Agree that you can’t put much stock in what random people on Twitter say, but I have no problem with media guys/people in the know trying to break the story.  If Romeo knows where he’s going now, it’s fair game.

I guess that's my problem. Be the adult, source your information,etc....just to put some random what I'm hearing comment isn't journalism. If it's important to break the story there's ways to do it. Contact the family and say this is what I'm hearing. In fairness to you and family I'd like to report but I don't want to take the moment way.

This isn't Watergate. Let the kid have his day. 

I guess that's my problem. Be the adult, source your information,etc....just to put some random what I'm hearing comment isn't journalism. If it's important to break the story there's ways to do it. Contact the family and say this is what I'm hearing. In fairness to you and family I'd like to report but I don't want to take the moment way.

This isn't Watergate. Let the kid have his day. 

My thinking on it is if the kid wants to drag it out and build up hype after they already know where they’re going, they can’t really turn around and get upset if the news leaks out.  That’s how the process works, and they’ve been willing participants in it the whole time.  And in the case of a site like Peegs, basically the entire business model is built on breaking news before it goes public, so you can’t really blame them.  But they better be damn sure their sources are accurate before they do so.

14 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

My thinking on it is if the kid wants to drag it out and build up hype after they already know where they’re going, they can’t really turn around and get upset if the news leaks out.  That’s how the process works, and they’ve been willing participants in it the whole time.  And in the case of a site like Peegs, basically the entire business model is built on breaking news before it goes public, so you can’t really blame them.  But they better be damn sure their sources are accurate before they do so.

I agree with all day but last sentence especially. Given the recent turn of events with Darius I would think those guys would be a little careful when releasing information. I guess that's all I'm saying. We've all had information once in awhile. I guess I'm more on the cautious side when releasing in public.

40 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

It's not fair game. It's an 18 year old kid making a decision on where he's going to college. This isn't DC politics. 

RMK was not wrong in his assessment of the media. Nor was Mike Gundy.

3 hours ago, hoosierBGH said:

I'm sure he's making the rounds of all the boards he frequents. He's been spending a lot of time on another board I visit because we are "too positive" here. 

Let's keep it off of other posters on this one.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  When someone's opinions get a bit over the top/too foul, the mod team steps in privately :)

5 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

It's not fair game. It's an 18 year old kid making a decision on where he's going to college. This isn't DC politics. 

^^^This^^^. I'm pulling for RL to come to IU as much as anyone here, but sometimes I think some of us need to take a deep breath and remind ourselves that we're the adults in the room. I love this board because of it's high level of CBB knowledge and civility, but I think obsessing over this recruitment is starting to go a wee bit overboard. 

13 minutes ago, BEKA said:

^^^This^^^. I'm pulling for RL to come to IU as much as anyone here, but sometimes I think some of us need to take a deep breath and remind ourselves that we're the adults in the room. I love this board because of it's high level of CBB knowledge and civility, but I think obsessing over this recruitment is starting to go a wee bit overboard. 

Starting to go a wee bit overboard?  LOL  But I agree.  

21 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

I’m as much of a media hater as anyone, but like I said, they’ve been willing participants in the whole process, and have benefitted from it as well.  If a decision has already been made, there’s nothing wrong with the media going public with what they know, as long as they’re 100% sure it’s accurate.

4 minutes ago, BEKA said:

But we gotta get to 250 pages!!!

Kidding aside, I believe in a free press, but very much struggle with stealing an 18-year-old's thunder...just seems like a sh*tty thing to do.

Archived