Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Dac6IxBU8AAYyIc.jpg:large

Maybe THIS is what has been going on behind the scenes recently. The NCAA and basketball community always know about these things before the public does. Just a theory in why we have heard that (paraphrasing) something significant has happened recently and created a pro-IU turn for Ro. 

First time called, long time listener. Enjoy this board and all of its info and antics!

4 minutes ago, IUSNC said:

Maybe THIS is what has been going on behind the scenes recently. The NCAA and basketball community always know about these things before the public does. Just a theory in why we have heard that (paraphrasing) something significant has happened recently and created a pro-IU turn for Ro. 

First time called, long time listener. Enjoy this board and all of its info and antics!

Hey, WELCOME to the best IU board!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, IUSNC said:

I'm starting to think the same. You think that recruits would know that in advance, though?

I really hope it isn't. I hope that we don't win Romeo as a process of elimination type of scenario. I want him to feel like IU is the best place for him.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I'm starting to think the same. You think that recruits would know that in advance, though?

I really hope it isn't. I hope that we don't win Romeo as a process of elimination type of scenario. I want him to feel like IU is the best place for him.

I honestly dont care if we were his 50th choice as long as he’s in those candy stripes.  It’s not just about getting Romeo, it’s the perception of the program that needs changed and he will help!

13 minutes ago, IUSNC said:

Welcome to HSN 3.0!

28 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

There has been a lot of speculation and a fair amount of kvetching over the fact that the Langford family has seemed to draw this out for so long.

I think this new information illustrates why some kids are hesitant to commit. I think that there are more than a few coaches who are running scared over whether they are going to be incriminated like Self just was. I don't blame Romeo or any family for holding off to see where the dust settles.

How awful would it have been for Romeo had he committed to Kansas last week only to have this come out today 

Exactly. That's been brought up more than once that Romeo has dodged more than one bullet by taking his time and waiting for everything to shake out at all of the schools he was interested in.

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I honestly dont care if we were his 50th choice as long as he’s in those candy stripes.  It’s not just about getting Romeo, it’s the perception of the program that needs changed and he will help!

This is exactly what I was going to type. He'll be fine where ever he goes and obviously has pros and cons for all three programs left. IU needs him as much for perception as anything else. 

14 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I want him in candy stripes too! Just saying I would hate to find out that the reason there's been a shift towards us is that another school is in legal trouble. I'm just hoping that it's something as simple as him finding out Morgan is returning or Sean East is interested in IU.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I want him in candy stripes too! Just saying I would hate to find out that the reason there's been a shift towards us is that another school is in legal trouble. I'm just hoping that it's something as simple as him finding out Morgan is returning or Sean East is interested in IU.

Are either of those really better reasons? How about he just felt IU was the place he wanted to be?

3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I think Romeo was a hard lean before all of this.  All it likely did is make the decision that much easier.

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Are either of those really better reasons? How about he just felt IU was the place he wanted to be?

Lol you may not have seen what I said earlier but I mentioned that " I want him to feel like IU is the best place for him." I'm just suggesting those possibilities because I'm assuming that Romeo didn't wake up/ or have a talk with Archie and suddenly come to the realization that IU is the right fit. 

I believe and have heard rumors of Romeo being pro IU for some time, including before the actual Louisville cut. 

Here’s what I’ve been told: Romeo felt strongly about IU and saw them as an opportunity to showcase his abilities long ago. Archie spoke with Romeo just hours after formally being introduced and laid out his plan. Romeo wasn’t immediately sold, but strongly intrigued. Everything has played out just right for Archie.

Again, I’m not in the know... just have a few contacts that think they are. Also, I haven’t felt confident about this recruitment until recently. So take it for what it’s worth, but an announcement is looming close. And no, I don’t know when... but let’s not ruin it for the kid.

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

He’ll be back in a couple days...and now he has the built in excuse for why he was wrong about KU. Won’t help his Vandy prediction though. 

It seemed to me his one main argument for why it wouldn't be IU was that if it was he would have declared long ago. I have felt for quite awhile the reason Romeo always planned on waiting, was because of the silly season going on now, made even worse with these FBI investigations. DmB's premise that it meant IU didn't have a chance was seriously flawed! Just my opinion.

Archived