Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well looks like I was wrong.  I can't imagine it not being IU if announcing at NA.

If I were Romeo Langford, and I was going to pick Vanderbilt or Kansas, I wouldn't make my decision in front of what is likely going to be a gym filled to capacity with IU fans, as they're about the only "public" within a reasonable distance that cares (excluding friends, family, and his community obviously).

9 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

If I were Romeo Langford, and I was going to pick Vanderbilt or Kansas, I wouldn't make my decision in front of what is likely going to be a gym filled to capacity with IU fans, as they're about the only "public" within a reasonable distance that cares (excluding friends, family, and his community obviously).

I'm not sure that I buy this theory. NA is equally pro UL and UK due to geography. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I don't think the gym will be swarming with pro-IU fans necessarily. 

10 minutes ago, BEKA said:

I'm not sure that I buy this theory. NA is equally pro UL and UK due to geography. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I don't think the gym will be swarming with pro-IU fans necessarily. 

It will totally be swarming with IU fans and Indiana press.  New Albany is as much pro IU as it is Louisville.

6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

It will totally be swarming with IU fans and Indiana press.  New Albany is as much pro IU as it is Louisville.

So true 0708!!! I'm from southern Indiana, former high school softball coach and teach at a school in the same athletic conference. Jeffersonville Indiana is pro U of L! 

27 minutes ago, BEKA said:

Why would UK or UL fans show up though?  It is going to be an overwhelmingly IU crowd.

40 minutes ago, BEKA said:

There are too many UK fans in Southern Indiana but not that many in New Albany.  UL I will give you but not UK.

13 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Anyone know why the date is so late? Was it the earliest the gym was available? 

They’ve been pragmatic and took their time the entire time. Might as well finish the process. If I was Archie I’d say milk the process. Why not? Especially if you’re the hero in the end.

So, I was sitting at breakfast this morning, communing with my Mensa Society banana. In regards to the timing of Romeo's announcement, said banana pointed out that the following Saturday, May 5th, is NAHS prom night. 

Clearly, Romeo is timing this so that when he announces for IU he also pretty much guarantees the Prom King vote 

:D

1 hour ago, BEKA said:

Why would there be any UL or UK fans there? He’s not being recruited by either of those teams...

58 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Maybe because it’s after NA banquet and after the Mr. Basketball announcement.  That’s just a guess, I have no clue.

So, you're saying he is waiting until after the Mr. Basketball announcement so he doesn't lose the vote?  That can't be good for IU.  :coffee:  :panic:  :snack:

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Sure I shouldn't  haven't said what I said but plenty of people insulted me over the years when I was right about Crean and I never got an apology.  But sorry to anyone offended.

Join the crowd on the Crean issue. Water over the dam though 

Archived