Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Can someone explain why Jerry Meyer switching is such a big deal?

I'd have to sift through 222 pages here, but it was mentioned earlier more than once to look for a late switch from Jerry Meyer as an indication of an imminent decision.  Jerry has a track record of being late but being often right (as a result of being late).

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I'd have to sift through 222 pages here, but it was mentioned earlier more than once to look for a late switch from Jerry Meyer as an indication of an imminent decision.  Jerry has a track record of being late but being often right (as a result of being late).

So he’s built an image of being correct?! Never understood why that gets ridicule tbh.

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

So he’s built an image of being correct?! Never understood why that gets ridicule tbh.

Only because he's sometimes so late that the response to his correct pick is "well, DUH."  It's been said that he's switched picks literally minutes in front of the official announcement.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

Only because he's sometimes so late that the response to his correct pick is "well, DUH."  It's been said that he's switched picks literally minutes in front of the official announcement.

Sounds like due diligence and a constant effort to being as accurate as possible to me. In early situations or later. I respect it.

2 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Sounds like due diligence and a constant effort to being as accurate as possible to me. In early situations or later. I respect it.

I don't get tore up about it either,  I do understand that the level of sleuthing necessary to make an accurate prediction 10 minutes before a public announcement is probably a lot lower than sniffing out a likely destination a month in advance of the announcement.  Whether people think he's late or not, all I care about at this point is if he's right.

Archived