Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Crystal Ball is suppose to be for fun, I guess. When we see all these experts with 100% accuracy ratings when they change their vote right before an announcement, it seems a little like they are padding their stats.  For me it is like a meteorologist getting the weather right by changing their forecast from sunny to rainy when they see the storm clouds in the sky.

13 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Rumor on Btownbanners of TJD reclassifying.  Probably bs.

Just remember most kids who reclassify does it so they can get to the NBA a year earlier. If TJD does reclassify it probably means he will be a  one and done player and leave after a year.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just remember most kids who reclassify does it so they can get to the NBA a year earlier. If TJD does reclassify it probably means he will be a  one and done player and leave after a year.

Sounds good. I'd love to have those Duke problems where we have multiple OAD's. 

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds good. I'd love to have those Duke problems where we have multiple OAD's. 

Not me because I want to be like the Villanova model.  I want TJD to come to IU but I hope it is for at least tow years.  This is just a rumor so we are probably jumping the gun on this one.

Appears that everything is lining up for the Romeo to IU selection, exciting times are ahead for IU!  Assuming IU is indeed the selection, I expect to see heavier interest from 4 * and 5* recruits for the 2019 season and 2020!  I think if Romeo chooses IU( it appears we are the clear leader), I bet we would see another commitment from one of these guys: Brooks, TJD, Hurt Franklin(if he is offered) or Watford.  Just my opinion

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It doesn't mean that in TJDs case for multiple reasons. 

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

Do you think there's any validity to the rumor of him reclassifying?  I thought your buddies coach at CG.

I checked in on that and its not true.

9 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

The one crystal ball vote that matters. 

Lets not forget that Jerry Meyer had Garland to IU just a week prior to him committing to Vandy. Admittedly that was different because the Garlands were playing games with people...

9 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

So now that it seems likely that Romeo comes to IU, what's the deal with East? I feel like we really need another guard and him coming in as a preferred walk-on would be the cherry on top. 

He is likely going to Huntington Uni. Which is strange to me because he is much better than that. IU never offered and never needed to offer.

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not me because I want to be like the Villanova model.  I want TJD to come to IU but I hope it is for at least tow years.  This is just a rumor so we are probably jumping the gun on this one.

You mean the model where they bring in at least a 5 star every year and multiple high 4 stars? I'll take that one too. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You mean the model where they bring in at least a 5 star every year and multiple high 4 stars? I'll take that one too. 

Well, two five stars in the last 8 years (both borderline 5 star... 20th and 22nd on 247).

I do think you do a lot of good chasing the guys in that range though - super talented but not quite the top 10ish, no question one and done level players.

16 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I may be totally wrong on this but I thought the rule in the nba was you had to be a certain age to come out not just in college for one year? Maybe that’s the NFL lol

It’s based on years out of high school, rather than exact age

36 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Do you think there's any validity to the rumor of him reclassifying?  I thought your buddies coach at CG.

He heard the rumor yesterday. He teaches at the elementary school, so he isn't exactly in contact with the HS guys every day. He said he could see it thought because of how much he likes Romeo. It would have nothing to do with the NBA if he were to reclassify. (which I don't think will happen) 

I don't take the crystal ball picks too seriously because of, well, several factors.  First is the make up of the group of predictors for a given recruit - in this case there is no one from Indiana (who should have as much insight as a guy from, say, Maryland or Duke), yet we have a Vandy guy included who has only 4 picks (and all to Vandy).  Secondly, is the fact that some of the picks are many months old and lots of things may have changed in that time.  And thirdly, guys switch picks.

That said, Meyer switching picks is interesting because of two (perceived) traits - his reluctance to pick Indiana historically, and his tendency to change his pick late after the momentum is looking definitive.  Obviously nothing matters until it comes from young Mr. Langford, but there's a very thick cloud of Romeo to IU smoke that is hard to discredit.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

It has been in the past but there has been a shift recently for some (similar to early enrollees in football) of wanting to get to campus a year earlier and get 2 years of NCAA experience playing or 1 year playing/1 year practicing/redshirting like Diallo at fUK before their un-reclassified NBA draft.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Race Thompson was a 4 star who reclassified to get a redshirt year, and Biggie was a 5 star who reclassified and ended up staying two years at Purdue before going in the first round.

13 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Musa Jallow did just to fit a need of depth at OSU

Kids are so selfish these days, aren’t they? 🙄

I would be willing to bet that the majority of reclassifications aren’t one and dones trying to get to the league earlier.

Archived