Romeo Langford

I view reclassification the same as a player leaving after two seasons, as opposed to three. If they have an opportunity to move up and improve their development, regardless of their reasoning, so be it. 

I don’t think TJD ultimately decides to reclassify, but I have no knowledge of his situation either. I do know that he isn’t in need of any financial aid. 

Lastly, I think a perfect class would include one OAD, with a fringe 5 star and a couple other top 60 kids. Yes, we’d lose one every season, but we’d continue to have strong upperclassmen leadership. That would be ideal, imo.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you study the different pundits who have CB picks they all are guilty of late changes in their picks to keep their percentages high. I would like to see a new rule implemented that would freeze picks at a certain period of time before announcements. They could change their picks all they want right up to the freeze date. This would also give the athlete the ability to have a more suspenseful announcement.  It would also let us know who really has the best intel on High School recruits. Of course this is a pipe dream because members pay good money for inside information and this would be far too revealing on just how much some do or don't really know.

18 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Seems like there is a ton of smoke. But don't get too wrapped up in the Crystal Ball nonsense. People change their picks like an hour before the announcement when information is leaked.

But regardless, seems like we are in good shape. 

Can't see TJD reclassifying, BTW. 

Agree on the crystal ball nonsense.  To me the encouraging thing is hearing various comments from several people that frequently have valid insight.  Also, the public announcement seems like a very good sign to the point of being a "tip of the hand" - with how many fans have shown up at Romeo's games all across the state voicing their desire for him to pick IU, he has to know that a good many of those people will be in attendance.

Before discussing the intense Vanderbilt Women's Bowling team season opener (lol)...this "journalist" seems to suggest that Romeo's safety will be in jeopardy if he doesn't choose IU.  He even seems to suggest that we are a more rabid fan base than that of UK.  Sounds like the anchor boys are getting salty...

"Still, though, I fear for Langford’s safety if he doesn’t choose Indiana in that ceremony, when a Taco Bell in Sellersburg, Indiana, chose to display a sign reading “Romeo Langford Live Mas Choose IU.” When Kentucky fans warn you about a fan base being insane, you should probably believe them."

Article

11 minutes ago, A-hOhL said:

Before discussing the intense Vanderbilt Women's Bowling team season opener (lol)...this "journalist" seems to suggest that Romeo's safety will be in jeopardy if he doesn't choose IU.  He even seems to suggest that we are a more rabid fan base than that of UK.  Sounds like the anchor boys are getting salty...

"Still, though, I fear for Langford’s safety if he doesn’t choose Indiana in that ceremony, when a Taco Bell in Sellersburg, Indiana, chose to display a sign reading “Romeo Langford Live Mas Choose IU.” When Kentucky fans warn you about a fan base being insane, you should probably believe them."

Article

Yeah, that guy is an idiot. 

20 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I cant see TJD reclassing with both Morgan and Davis still here.

jmo... Davis doesn't really fit what we want to do here. We want more athleticism and versatility, Trayce has that in bunches. He would play 15-18 mins next season because he's behind (a tad strength wise). I still don't think he'll reclassify though. 

14 minutes ago, A-hOhL said:

Article

Just pure jealously.  They don't have enough fans to fill a taco bell let alone be able to convince someone to put that on their sign

In a way I take this as a complement. Us crazy fans stomping on models and high school kids that turn us down

2 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Yeah, that guy is an idiot. 

I kinda agree. If he doesn’t pick IU w this open to the public.. it ain’t gonna be pretty. 

I may drive down from Chicago to try and go to the announcement, concern is not being able to get into the gym. Spend the day before in Bloomington.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

He heard the rumor yesterday. He teaches at the elementary school, so he isn't exactly in contact with the HS guys every day. He said he could see it thought because of how much he likes Romeo. It would have nothing to do with the NBA if he were to reclassify. (which I don't think will happen) 

I doubt it will happen but it would be awesome if true.  And you want to know something funny.  Apparently if someone starts a rumor over on Btownbanners like with TJD possibly reclassifying and you mention such rumor on this site like I did yesterday it is grounds for an immediate banning over there. It's top secret information that can't be shared anywhere else. Kind of funny considering every time an insider over here posts something it is immediately posted and discussed on that site and it's just fine.

1 hour ago, dyedinthewool said:

If you study the different pundits who have CB picks they all are guilty of late changes in their picks to keep their percentages high. I would like to see a new rule implemented that would freeze picks at a certain period of time before announcements. They could change their picks all they want right up to the freeze date. This would also give the athlete the ability to have a more suspenseful announcement.  It would also let us know who really has the best intel on High School recruits. Of course this is a pipe dream because members pay good money for inside information and this would be far too revealing on just how much some do or don't really know.

Agreed.

However, Slater has a long duration of "average days correct" at 92.

34 minutes ago, Max said:

I kinda agree. If he doesn’t pick IU w this open to the public.. it ain’t gonna be pretty. 

I may drive down from Chicago to try and go to the announcement, concern is not being able to get into the gym. Spend the day before in Bloomington.

Oh, I have no doubt that if Romeo were to announce for KU or VU there would be a clear expression of disappointment among the gathering, but I strongly doubt that it would go beyond some verbal stuff and certainly not put Romeo in harm's way.  I have to think that the Langford's wouldn't want to set up such a scenario for both their sake or any pro-IU contingent.

40 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I doubt it will happen but it would be awesome if true.  And you want to know something funny.  Apparently if someone starts a rumor over on Btownbanners like with TJD possibly reclassifying and you mention such rumor on this site like I did yesterday it is grounds for an immediate banning over there. It's top secret information that can't be shared anywhere else. Kind of funny considering every time an insider over here posts something it is immediately posted and discussed on that site and it's just fine.

you got banned for that?

1 hour ago, Max said:

I think it'll be packed... truthfully, they could sell tickets and make money. 

1 hour ago, A-hOhL said:

Article

Maybe insane for them is attending games regularly.

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I just have a bad feeling about him saying he still hasn't made up his mind.  Maybe is a really good liar and is holding everything close to his chest but i still think he picks Kansas.  I hope not.

Echoing the first sentence. I’m nervous now....

I like the momentum but have been down this road before with inside sources/rumors. My biggest concern is that most of this hype has come from our own message boards just like it did when Donavon and Garland said no thanks. I also worry that it mostly started when Watford  said Archie thinks they are getting close to rapping Romeo up. Okay great, but Self and Drew may feel the same way.

Archived