Romeo Langford

3 minutes ago, Max said:

Echoing the first sentence. I’m nervous now....

He’s trying to keep it under wraps so HE can announce.  Unfortunately it’s the price you pay for waiting so long and being the top uncommitted recruit.  I don’t know how these guys pick their CB picks but they have to have some solid intel to flip.  Especially two most recent that have done it.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

He is likely going to Huntington Uni. Which is strange to me because he is much better than that. IU never offered and never needed to offer.

Bummer. Would have been nice to get him as a preferred walk-on. Who knows, maybe if Romeo comes to IU he can convince him to change his mind.

Just so everyone knows, he could absolutely change his mind between now and the 30th.  He’s 18 and I can remember being indecisive and I wasn’t a 5* recruit with millions of people waiting on my decision. We should all feel comfortable right now with where we sit.  Could change tomorrow or even today.  Enjoy the ride!

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He’s trying to keep it under wraps so HE can announce.  Unfortunately it’s the price you pay for waiting so long and being the top uncommitted recruit.  I don’t know how these guys pick their CB picks but they have to have some solid intel to flip.  Especially two most recent that have done it.

Exactly. If he told Bossi (or whoever did that interview) that his mind was already made up, I think everyone would assume that it was IU. Especially considering that he decided on a public announcement in his hometown.

Out of respect for the coaches (and likely to draw suspense/interest in his recruitment), he's going to say that he's thinking it over still.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Just checked 247sports class calculator. If we landed Romeo, it would put us at the #7 overall class ranking for this year (and that is excluding Race Thompson from our class). Heck of a first year recruiting from CAM and staff.  

3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Just checked 247sports class calculator. If we landed Romeo, it would put us at the #7 overall class ranking for this year (and that is excluding Race Thompson from our class). Heck of a first year recruiting from CAM and staff.  

Wherewould this class be ranked if you include Race?

4 minutes ago, CSprings Hoosier said:

I don't think there's historical evidence I can point to here, but I seem to remember Jerry Meyer switching his pick for Garland to IU after the Hoosier Hysteria hype, then changing it back to Vandy on the day of the announcement.

Correct.

34 minutes ago, CSprings Hoosier said:

I don't think there's historical evidence I can point to here, but I seem to remember Jerry Meyer switching his pick for Garland to IU after the Hoosier Hysteria hype, then changing it back to Vandy on the day of the announcement.

I think Meyer switched his pick when Rabby and others did a U turn on I65 realizing they had been misled a bit. 

32 minutes ago, CSprings Hoosier said:

just skeptical and cautiously optimistic about Meyer's pick.

Yea. I’m in the same boat. I’m usually more on the excited/ optimistic side, but now that some of the most pessimistic posters about Romeo are getting optimistic it is actually making me pessimistic. Lol

I’m still liking our chances I just get nervous when we are all aboard the optimism train. I don’t always agree with some of the pessimism, but it helps keep my expectations tempered. If that makes sense. 

Archived