Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last two paragraphs in the article below are from Meyer during an interview.  What Jerry is gathering from his sources, hes going to IU.  He also states the phrase "Its a done deal".  Take it for what its worth but some more good news.  

http://www.cjonline.com/sports/20180412/bill-self-on-newest-ku-basketball-signee-ochai-agbaji-i-love-his-demeanor

8 minutes ago, BtownBallers said:

Yea. I’m in the same boat. I’m usually more on the excited/ optimistic side, but now that some of the most pessimistic posters about Romeo are getting optimistic it is actually making me pessimistic. Lol

I’m still liking our chances I just get nervous when we are all aboard the optimism train. I don’t always agree with some of the pessimism, but it helps keep my expectations tempered. If that makes sense. 

Haha that’s how I am. I’m a firm subscriber in the too good to be true belief when things are swinging in my favor, particularly in sports when I really care about something. That’s why my Astros have no chance on earth in going back to the WS. 

3 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Last two paragraphs in the article below are from Meyer during an interview.  What Jerry is gathering from his sources, hes going to IU.  He also states the phrase "Its a done deal".  Take it for what its worth but some more good news.  

http://www.cjonline.com/sports/20180412/bill-self-on-newest-ku-basketball-signee-ochai-agbaji-i-love-his-demeanor

Done deal. Done deal. Done deal.

I am gonna walk around my.house saying that over and over. Positive affirmations.

4 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I hope he is right because it will be great for Archie to get Romeo after being so far behind in this recruitment.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I hope he is right because it will be great for Archie to get Romeo after being so far behind in this recruitment.

I agree, it will go a long way showing future recruits, opposing coaches, and others what Archie can do, especially with Archie getting a very late start on recruiting Romeo. 

24 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

The article states, also, that KU just signed to a letter of intent yesterday a 6'5" guard which is a good indication that Romeo not going to KU.

I think the Langfords are a pretty intelligent and respectful family from what I can tell, with that in mind, I see no way in Hades that they open this thing up to the public and announce for Kansas or Vanderbilt.  They know that gym is going to be filled with Indiana fans and I just do not see that family giving all those people the finger in such a public manner.

So I am going to be shocked if he picks anywhere but IU if this remains open.  Having the fans in attendance and then pulling for one of the other 2 schools would be one of the all time worst decisions one could make in these instances.

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I think the Langfords are a pretty intelligent and respectful family from what I can tell, with that in mind, I see no way in Hades that they open this thing up to the public and announce for Kansas or Vanderbilt.  They know that gym is going to be filled with Indiana fans and I just do not see that family giving all those people the finger in such a public manner.

So I am going to be shocked if he picks anywhere but IU if this remains open.  Having the fans in attendance and then pulling for one of the other 2 schools would be one of the all time worst decisions one could make in these instances.

That's what i think too.  I said during the Garland recruitment that if he announced in the Brentwood gym we were dead in the water.  Same logic applies here.  I really like our chances.

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I think the Langfords are a pretty intelligent and respectful family from what I can tell, with the in mind, I see no way in Hades that they open this thing up to the public and announce for Kansas or Vanderbilt.  They know that gym is going to be filled with Indiana fans and I just do not see that family giving all those people the finger in such a public manner.

agree 100% - it would rank worse than the Alexander Illini hat switch, imo.  From hero to villain in a matter of seconds.

44 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I am gonna walk around my.house saying that over and over. Positive affirmations.

Those two words are enough to make me nervous (I think he's coming to Bloomington though...just never want to hear "done deal" again).

19 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's what i think too.  I said during the Garland recruitment that if he announced in the Brentwood gym we were dead in the water.  Same logic applies here.  I really like our chances.

I'm not sure the fact that it's at the New Albany gym itself makes it a lock for IU, but the fact that he's making it an evening announcement and pushing the "open to the public" thing is what the big deal is IMO. 

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We've lost so many studs over the last decade from our backyard I still remain guarded but wow. Archie in one year was able do this? Making up that much ground?? Just wow. 

And not just Romeo, if Romeo comes, he will have got the Top 3 kids out of Indiana, one of the best out of Ohio, and another of the top kids out of Minnesota in Race.  Add to that the fact that we are in on TJD, Brooks, and Watford for the following class and you have to like what he is doing on the recruiting front.

I think his style is more sustainable than Crean's was as well and I think his demeanor instills more confidence.  This could be the ground floor on some really good things to come.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

We've lost so many studs over the last decade from our backyard I still remain guarded but wow. Archie in one year was able do this? Making up that much ground?? Just wow. 

Archie certainly opened the door but it does not hurt that our main competition imploded.  Louisville was a definite possibility.

On 4/10/2018 at 11:55 AM, CapnRon said:

Wonder if they are taking a break because too much info is getting out on romeo, and they were told to shut it down by their sources.

The only thing missing is my friend, MIle. This board is not the same without him on here. I hope people take notice of his absence and work to bring him back sooner rather than later. 

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

The only thing missing is my friend, MIle. This board is not the same without him on here. I hope people take notice of his absence and work to bring him back sooner rather than later. 

I 2nd, 3rd, how many ever this.  Sure do miss Miles comments and knowledge.  

Archived