Romeo Langford

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's the scary part. I had a chance to meet with Coach Davis a few times. Personally and professionally. He actually still believed Conley and Oden were coming before that announcement. 

Scary.  Does he remember the letter addressed to Sherron Collins that he mailed to Conley? It basically said that we were only pretending to recruit Conley because wanted Oden.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

New Albany fans will only wish Romeo the best even if he does not pick IU.  There will not be any back lash there regardless who he chooses.  I know a quite of few New Albany fans who will make the journey to Vandy if he chooses them.

I believe this, they love the kid down there.  I guess it depends on how many New Albany fans show up as opposed to IU fans from out of the area.

21 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Scary.  Does he remember the letter addressed to Sherron Collins that he mailed to Conley? It basically said that we were only pretending to recruit Conley because wanted Oden.

Very well. I remember sitting in his office at Assembly Hall before Conley/Oden announcing (month before) having to remain professionally cordial.....but in my mind I'm sitting there as an IU fan thinking is this guy clueless?? Wasn't his fault. He had no business being in that situation. Leadership was to blame.

25 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I believe this, they love the kid down there.  I guess it depends on how many New Albany fans show up as opposed to IU fans from out of the area.

The line will be in the thousands and will begin while the students are still in class. That's not to say there won't be any NA students at the announcement, but it will be largely made up of IU fans. Of course the school could let the students go straight to the gym after the final bell, and then open the doors to the public. I would love to have my food truck parked outside.

13 minutes ago, dyedinthewool said:

The line will be in the thousands and will begin while the students are still in class. That's not to say there won't be any NA students at the announcement, but it will be largely made up of IU fans. Of course the school could let the students go straight to the gym after the final bell, and then open the doors to the public. I would love to have my food truck parked outside.

What kind of food truck and where are u located

52 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I can't believe I never knew about this but a quick google search even pulls up the most scathing article I've ever read about Mike Davis by Jason Whitlock who references the letter...crazy...http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060216

40 minutes ago, dyedinthewool said:

There were over 3000 season ticket holders this season for New Albany.  Sold out regionals and sectionals in a stadium holding over 8000 with mostly NA fans.  So if you are going to his announcement and you do not live in New Albany then I suggest to you to get there early.  Probably in the AM.  Lol 

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I have not been optimistic on Romeo. 

Starting to get optimistic...

The signs have been out there for awhile.  I'm not joking when I say IU should have been considered the favorite the minute Archie was named coach.  Anyone that understands what makes Romeo tick could immediately see that Romeo, Archie, and IU were a triad made in heaven. 

31 minutes ago, dyedinthewool said:

In the ATL area. Set up to smoke, grill, or fry. Tacos- Grilled Cheese- Q- blooming onions- loaded fries- Burgoo- Fried Pork Tenderloins as big as your head etc. working on B&W license. Draft Crafts hopefully.

What kinds of tacos? I didn't realize Burgoo existed outside of Kentucky. 

There would certainly be an uncomfortable silence if he announced for Kansas or Vandy. I’m not saying that anyone would act out, but it would be awkward, no doubt. 

Also, I’d contest that there weren’t  just New Albany fans filling the gymnasiums over the past two years... I know that there were probably hundreds from surrounding areas that traveled to watch him during the regular season. And probably an additional two to three thousand during the postseason. I’m guessing here, but there was well over a hundred people from Madison alone, who traveled and watched him play the entire year. 

It isn’t often that we have a player of that caliber in Southern Indiana. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

This is shaping up like the Cody announcement. Remember watching that on our computers? Could be another really enjoyable day coming 

I'm remember Peegs saying it was IU then about 30 seconds later stating that he might be mistaken before finally confirming IU a minute or 2 later.  We almost lost it for a bit.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

The signs have been out there for awhile.  I'm not joking when I say IU should have been considered the favorite the minute Archie was named coach.  Anyone that understands what makes Romeo tick could immediately see that Romeo, Archie, and IU were a triad made in heaven. 

Now this is the kind of optimistic talk I love to hear!

Maybe that's how you sweet talked your wives into getting hitched.  :o

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

He raised $6M for a quick announcement show. Myriad of other ways doesn't include $3.5 Million of Ad Revenue. Oh well. I'll get back to Romeo...didn't want to send this thread elsewhere (again). Haha.

He’s arguably the most prolific professional athlete in North America. Myriad of other ways still applies.

Host a telethon. 

Do a walkathon. 

Have a televised Lebron house party with musical guests and entertainment.

The announcement was still a crummy, wholly unnecessary thing to do to the fans of Cleveland.

Edit: Apologies for the OT nature of this post and my previous, I’ll endeavor to get back to the regularly scheduled Romeo programming now.

I know I'm just some random dude, but I work with a young guy who i got to talking about romeo with who says his girlfriend works with romeo's mom.  

What his girlfriend heard is basically the reason why vanderbilt is on his list is because its not too far away and he has some family in the Nashville area.  

With IU he likes that its close to home and he really loves indiana people and IU fan base. 

No mention of Kansas.

Its noy much butthought I would pass it along and do my part to get to 250 pages

33 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

If Romeo commits, my line up this upcoming season.  Romeo, Morgan, Phinisee, Smith and Hunter.  Who you got?

Langford-Morgan one-two punch is a lock. Smith is a definite possibility at 3. The rest 2 spots should be decided after summer workouts. Green, Durham, and  Phinisee will compete for starting PG spot. I really want to see one of the bigs to step up at 5 spot so Morgan won't have to guard guys much bigger than him. 

Archived