Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I'm cornfused!! I go off to work and come home and check the Romeo thread and see posts of possible "backlashes". Has something happened since I went to bed last night? Did some of the experts change their picks? Help a guy with a banana IQ......   O.o

This is the honest to goodness truth.  The first time I read this, I saw 'wet the', not 'went to'.  

I was on a Southwest flight with Will Perdue last night.  I really wanted to get a chance to sit by him (open seating for those not familiar with Southwest) and see if he had any insight on Romeo as it related to Vandy.  Alas, it was not to be.  He was one of the first to board and, of course, being 7 foot tall, had to take an emergency exit row for the leg room.  By the time they let the schmucks like me board, there were no available seats around him.

48 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Vandy insider says coaching staff has been informed of Romeo's decision. 

http://www.14powers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6935

I seriously doubt it, but I guess it's possible.  Just seems like a long way away from the announcement to be doing that.  Wasn't it just yesterday that Self was discussing Kansas's issue with Romeo's father?

2 hours ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

If Romeo commits, my line up this upcoming season.  Romeo, Morgan, Phinisee, Smith and Hunter.  Who you got?

Green, Langford, McRoberts, Smith, Morgan. 

As others have said, I definitely don’t see Archie starting three freshmen. I also think McRoberts at least begins the season in the lineup, as he’ll take a ton of pressure off Langford defensively. I could see Hunter replacing McRoberts at some point if he blows up, or even Race working his way in (and then slide Morgan to the 4). 

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I seriously doubt it, but I guess it's possible.  Just seems like a long way away from the announcement to be doing that.  Wasn't it just yesterday that Self was discussing Kansas's issue with Romeo's father?

I thought that was Wednesday? But what’s an additional 24 hours in the grand picture of this recruitment!?

15 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Makes sense to me, it gives the other coaches the opportunity to recruit transfers, and not be handcuffed until the 30th.

Archived