Romeo Langford

51 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Oh Chicago pizza, Gino’s East, and so many great pizza spots. 

Houston, for some reason that eludes me — as a city touting its food and restaurant culture — can’t make pizza! And I’m a pizza guy, I mean Mother Bears was like a second home.

So I love Chicago as a city, and for its 🍕 

Oh HH, I had Mother Bears yesterday. I will go again today and post pictures for you. Sounds like we have a money making idea in Houston. Mother Bears South. lol. We could put a lot of them in a city of that size.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

Since Romeo might be reading this, and because he took PreCalc as a Junior(don't know what he did this year), I will say this:  Your thinking is sound if you want permutations.  I am sure that we could agree that a line up of Langford, Morgan, Smith, Green and Durham is the same as a line up of Durham, Smith, Green, Morgan and Langford.  Since order doesn't matter, we have to divide your number by the number of possible ways to put 5 players in order.  Thus, 154,440 should be divided by 5!, giving us 1287 different combinations.  Now if we thinking starting Green at the 5 instead of the 2 makes for a unique line-up, then your number is spot on.  I bet they aren't talking about this on the Vandy board.

So I did pay attention in school! (As I pat myself on the back)

Being from Fort Wayne, but also having lived basically all over the world the past 6-8 years...

-I say am from Fort Wayne, if I am somewhere in the midwest and get asked

-I say I am from Indy if I am elsewhere in the nation and get asked.

-I say I am from Chicago or Detroit if I am anywhere else in the world and get asked.

Just makes for less explaining.

Either way I always will be a Hoosier through and through .

1 hour ago, rogue3542 said:

We live fairly close to Little Chicago Road, but I have no idea how it got that name.  I really miss the food from The Region!  There's some okay pizza places here, but everywhere you turn in Northwest Indiana, there's a great place!  My favorite's are Beggar's, Zuni's, and Villa Pizza in Griffith. 

Two other great institutions I'd like to see move south are Schoop's and any type of Round the Clock.  Growing up I assumed they existed everywhere, but honestly I haven't seen any anywhere else in Indiana, or anywhere else in general for that matter.  

I don’t know how it got it’s name either (Little Chicago Rd), but I always found it to be an interesting name for a road that for a long time was in a fairly rural area (relatively speaking).  Mr. Stoller loves Villa Pizza!! There is a Schoops in Warsaw, IN. I think it would go over very well down by you.  There are a lot of region-ites in the Indy area. And could we get Teibel’s rolls in Kroger?? :)

1 hour ago, rogue3542 said:

We live fairly close to Little Chicago Road, but I have no idea how it got that name.  I really miss the food from The Region!  There's some okay pizza places here, but everywhere you turn in Northwest Indiana, there's a great place!  My favorite's are Beggar's, Zuni's, and Villa Pizza in Griffith. 

Two other great institutions I'd like to see move south are Schoop's and any type of Round the Clock.  Growing up I assumed they existed everywhere, but honestly I haven't seen any anywhere else in Indiana, or anywhere else in general for that matter.  

Schoop's and Round the Clock are both awesome! Schoop's burgers are good but I used to love going there for breakfast as well. I will try to stop by some of your pizza places next time I am in that neck of the woods, but a few more really good pizza places are Albano's Pizza in Michigan City (and they have one in LaPorte), Val's in Chesterton, and Toni's Pizza in Valparaiso.

My sister and family have lived not too far off Little Chicago Road in a subdivision in Noblesville for about 20 some years now.

1 hour ago, mchenry34 said:

I am 37 yrs old and have been an IU fan my whole life. The teams I first started really connecting to and following closely were the Cheaney years.

One thing that I have appreciated about Archie Miller as a coach has been the largely positive offseasons! Last year he did great work to keep the incoming class and the returning team together. This year he has set us up for some possibly very positive recruiting news.

The offseason is long and we are waiting on Morgan to decide, but it is so nice to be spending all our time waiting for bad news in the off-season. 

Seemed like my whole childhood was hearing about which of my favorite players was transferring, or which recruit we were missing out on or what coach was being fired.

Archie is nothing if not steady.

I agree with all that, my man.

Also, I’m 38 and probably have the same memories from a similar perspective. When I was 12, 13 years old, being from Ohio, my friends would all pretend like they were Lawrence Funderburke and they never really understood why I wanted to be Calbert...until he won NPOY.

The good old days. Those early-mid 1990’s teams were just awesome.

27 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

I agree with all that, my man.

Also, I’m 38 and probably have the same memories from a similar perspective. When I was 12, 13 years old, being from Ohio, my friends would all pretend like they were Lawrence Funderburke and they never really understood why I wanted to be Calbert...until he won NPOY.

The good old days. Those early-mid 1990’s teams were just awesome.

I’m from Ohio too! (Columbus) Actually attended one of the high schools Lawrence Funderburke went to (out of the three :) ) .

catching crap from all my friends during the 90s made me love beating OSU as much as beating Purdue...

2 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I know you all are trying to get this to 250 but would it be possible to get this thread back to Romeo please?

25 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Just thought I'd bump this post from the first page of this epic thread.

I know it's not official yet, but man IU has come a looonngg way.

I'm trying.....   xD

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I know you all are trying to get this to 250 but would it be possible to get this thread back to Romeo please?

Much as The Region is geographically a part of the Chicago metro area, New Albany is related to Louisville in much the same manner, and I hear there is a recruit from that area deciding on April 30th where he will play college basketball.  IU looks to be a strong contender.

Back on topic :cheers:

15 hours ago, Danomatic said:

He just wanted to make sure his mind isn’t foggy when he announces... he could say something really stupid, like Vanderbilt or Kansas, and not mean it!! 🤪

Only if Steve Harvey is at the announcement.

1 hour ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Schoop's and Round the Clock are both awesome! Schoop's burgers are good but I used to love going there for breakfast as well. I will try to stop by some of your pizza places next time I am in that neck of the woods, but a few more really good pizza places are Albano's Pizza in Michigan City (and they have one in LaPorte), Val's in Chesterton, and Toni's Pizza in Valparaiso.

My sister and family have lived not too far off Little Chicago Road in a subdivision in Noblesville for about 20 some years now.

You Region-ores have a lot to be proud of, for sure. However, you also have to acknowledge that Gary is part of the area--  you know, where you have to make sure that the fan is only circulating internal air as you drive through 

:P

1 hour ago, MrsStoller said:

I don’t know how it got it’s name either (Little Chicago Rd), but I always found it to be an interesting name for a road that for a long time was in a fairly rural area (relatively speaking).  Mr. Stoller loves Villa Pizza!! There is a Schoops in Warsaw, IN. I think it would go over very well down by you.  There are a lot of region-ites in the Indy area. And could we get Teibel’s rolls in Kroger?? :)

MrsStoller.  Rico started a thread in "TheAnimalHouse".  Where I ironically mentioned Teibel's before seeing your post here.

Check it out :   Fort Wayne - The Animal House 

Archived