Romeo Langford

7 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Here's the thing about the Mr. Basketball thinking, do these Vandy fans not realize that the people who vote for Mr. Basketball are not all IU fans, some may be Purdue, Notre Dame, Butler fans, etc...  People are not going to not vote for him if he doesn't pick IU, I bet some of them hope he doesn't go to IU...lol.

Gary Harris says it all. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Here's the thing about the Mr. Basketball thinking, do these Vandy fans not realize that the people who vote for Mr. Basketball are not all IU fans, some may be Purdue, Notre Dame, Butler fans, etc...  People are not going to not vote for him if he doesn't pick IU, I bet some of them hope he doesn't go to IU...lol.

Romeo has no competition for Mr. Basketball. The distance between him and whomever is 2nd in the state is staggering. 

12 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Romeo has no competition for Mr. Basketball. The distance between him and whomever is 2nd in the state is staggering. 

The next two rank-wise are Damezi and Rob Phinisee. While I love these kids, if Romeo is not Mr. Basketball, something has gone very wrong.

4 hours ago, rico said:

My formula is correct.......I checked it with my college prof.

Not to derail the Romeo thread any more, but your formula considers order, where ours does not.  Yours looks at a lineup of Green, McRoberts, Morgan, Davis and Smith differently than a lineup of Smith, Davis, Morgan, McRoberts and Green, when in fact it’s the same lineup.  The way you’re doing it would be “How many lineups are there when looking at the 1-5 spots as different places”.  This would allow for the above where Green plays the 1 in the first scenario, and then plays the 5 in the second scenario and not being the same lineup.  Clear as mud?

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

The next two rank-wise are Damezi and Rob Phinisee. While I love these kids, if Romeo is not Mr. Basketball, something has gone very wrong.

Damezi did not even make first team all state.  Romeo, Phinesee, Eric Turner, Leahry, and someone else I cant remember.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Damezi did not even make first team all state.  Romeo, Phinesee, Eric Turner, Leahry, and someone else I cant remember.

Apparently, Indiana's voters have a very different take than the folks that rank recruits nationally. Damezi ranked 3rd per 24/7.  Eric Hunter 6th and I don't see anyone by the name of Leahry in the top 15.

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Apparently, Indiana's voters have a very different take than the folks that rank recruits nationally. Damezi ranked 3rd per 24/7.  Eric Hunter 6th and I don't see anyone by the name of Leahry in the top 15.

There’s still a good part of the AP voting that is very subjective. The majority of voters don’t get to see these kids play on a consistent basis outside of the Indy metro area(unless you’re a Romeo type player), and that limits their true ability to assess any player outside of their voting area. I can’t give a fair assessment of the majority of Indy players other than Franklin at Cathederal because i have seen him play a few times now, and Newman out of Valpo for the same reason. Those two players are going to have top notch college careers barring significant injuries of course. I have no real opinion on Hunter because I’ve only seen him on tape. Anderson however had a bad last few weeks of his final season at Riley, his shot and overall game looked different for some reason than what I’ve see of him the last two years. He also played on a team that went 10 deep with a pretty decent spilt of the minutes which limited Damezi and his numbers. Could he have averaged 30 points a game? Very easily if he was actually on a team that was only 7-8 deep. So my point on Anderson is this...the kid has a basketball heart, and a teammate heart, and he’s a kid that hates losing more than anything and knows what he needs to keep improving. So i guess i would say that Anderson has a high ceiling, and with Archie being able to coach him up in practice and games, well, we definitely have a first team all state player in Anderson. Now, i wrote something on the old site a number of years ago about Hanner and what we were getting in him as a player. He had Uber talent but a very questionable game time attitude from play to play...and that was spot on. We’re getting a much better overall player in Anderson than we did out of Hanner. I do however realize that Anderson is probably someone that will see very limited minutes his first year because i don’t believe his body will be ready for this type of basketball until his sophomore year. 

8 hours ago, Danomatic said:

😔😣😭😂🤣 I replied to someone on his tweet yesterday about Romeo and “how sad it is...” All I said was this was just Dak being Dak, stirring the pot. What a thin skinned crybaby... basically said that he was doing his job to get ratings and he blocked me. 😂 Oh well, life goes on...

28F04CD1-FFDB-4206-9447-8A8C0B25807A.jpeg

Join club lol 3 years and running for me

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Mehki Lairy is who he meant who is an absolute stud. You should know him.

11 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

Not to derail the Romeo thread any more, but your formula considers order, where ours does not.  Yours looks at a lineup of Green, McRoberts, Morgan, Davis and Smith differently than a lineup of Smith, Davis, Morgan, McRoberts and Green, when in fact it’s the same lineup.  The way you’re doing it would be “How many lineups are there when looking at the 1-5 spots as different places”.  This would allow for the above where Green plays the 1 in the first scenario, and then plays the 5 in the second scenario and not being the same lineup.  Clear as mud?

Let me sober up.........and I will give it some more thought.

Archived