Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

He'll be the best player in the B1G.  You can believe it or not.

That's is impressive.  Big Ten player if the year even though he will be playing in either the SEC or the Big 12. I know Romeo is great but to be POY  for a conference you don't play  in is very impressive 

11 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Not sure if this has been talked in the million pages on this thread, but I did hear this weekend that the mayor of New Albany will be introducing Romeo for his announcement. I don't know if that's too out of the ordinary, but just a little tidbit I was told. 

Pretty sure I read an article where Romeo’s dad said Romeo shot that idea down.

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

No doubt. Just read this. Great read and thanks for posting. Victor might be one of those great gifts that keep on giving for years to come. He embodies all things Hoosier. He embraced us and we've embraced him. Shoot even the Purdue guys (Hammer and Rails) tweeted out yesterday they'll never have a problem cheering for guys like Vic and Yogi.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

"Guess where my first away game was my rookie year? Indiana. When I was introduced, I got a standing ovation.

That’s love. I felt at home.

I can’t tell you how special it feels when you think about how in only a few years, you can go from nobody knowing how to pronounce your name, to 20,000 people chanting it in unison. And I was on the opposing team.

It was like that every time I came back. If I was playing for Orlando, Oklahoma City, it didn’t matter. If I ever went out in Indiana I was embraced by the people. Everyone remembered the years I played in college and talked about them like I was still on the team. Even when I was away, I was tied to Indiana."

First off, love Victor.  If Tom Crean did nothing else for this program, bringing that guy here would be enough.  That whole team just seemed to "get it".  Crean, for whatever reason, could never get another group together like that.

That right there is the best recruiting pitch for kids coming here.  You are not getting that in Nashville, you may get it in Lawrence, but you play here, you always have a home.

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

"Guess where my first away game was my rookie year? Indiana. When I was introduced, I got a standing ovation.

I can’t tell you how special it feels when you think about how in only a few years, you can go from nobody knowing how to pronounce your name, to 20,000 people chanting it in unison. And I was on the opposing team.

It was like that every time I came back. If I was playing for Orlando, Oklahoma City, it didn’t matter. If I ever went out in Indiana I was embraced by the people. Everyone remembered the years I played in college and talked about them like I was still on the team. Even when I was away, I was tied to Indiana."

First off, love Victor.  If Tom Crean did nothing else for this program, bringing that guy here would be enough.  That whole team just seemed to "get it".  Crean, for whatever reason, could never get another group together like that.

That right there is the best recruiting pitch for kids coming here.  You are not getting that in Nashville, you may get it in Lawrence, but you play here, you always have a home.

I don't believe Trey Lyles, Gary Harris, etc.  get standing ovations when they play the Pacers.  

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Interesting. Was that after he announced it would be at the school? 

It was this article from April 12:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2769764-unassuming-indiana-basketball-phenom-romeo-langford-just-wants-to-play-ball.amp.html

And here’s the quote.  I guess it’s still possible that the mayor could be there at the school.

00290C61-3584-47A4-9E32-D26D2B050130.png

11 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

It was this article from April 12:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2769764-unassuming-indiana-basketball-phenom-romeo-langford-just-wants-to-play-ball.amp.html

And here’s the quote.  I guess it’s still possible that the mayor could be there at the school.

00290C61-3584-47A4-9E32-D26D2B050130.png

Sounds good.  I hope he doesn't do the sleeve/hat act (especially with the fake out move) - always struck me as corny and showboating.  I'll happily settle for a short & sweet "Thank you all for coming here today.  After careful consideration of these 3 fine programs I've decided to play at Indiana University".

19 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

It's crazy that the B1G never had a Freshman POY, but it's not surprising considering that teams very rarely get a top 5 player out of high school. As a league, we really aren't great at recruiting. Romeo is the highest ranked recruit to come to the Big Ten since, who....Eric Gordon in 2007!? I don't think Deshaun Thomas was top 5, right?  

That said, if there is a year a freshman POY could happen....it could be next year. 

I saw something about he'd be the highest since Sullinger at OSU.

2 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Sounds good.  I hope he doesn't do the sleeve/hat act (especially with the fake out move) - always struck me as corny and showboating.  I'll happily settle for a short & sweet "Thank you all for coming here today.  After careful consideration of these 3 fine programs I've decided to play at Indiana University".

"I've decided to play at Indiana University"

As long as he says that, he could have a circus for all I care. :D

53 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So true that Romeo wouldn't get that in Nashville and while he may get that in Kansas, there's not much reason (or time for that matter with the length of the NBA season) for Romeo to go back to the state of Kansas if he played at KU. He's definitely coming back to Indiana to play against/for (how awesome would that be?) the Pacers and he seems to love his hometown of NA so I would imagine he would spend part of his offseasons there as well. 

2 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Watching OG in game 1 of the playoffs make it hurt that much more that the Pacers passed on him for TJ freaking Leaf. Granted, McMillan would have had to play him and I'm not sure of his stance on playing rookies.

I do think Leaf will be solid... but, yes... we made a mistake there. Literally the only front office mistake we made last offseason. Pritchard is our MVP. 

Archived