Romeo Langford

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe it's me. As much time as Dakich spends bashing IU....I don't want him to be involved at all anymore. That loyalty is a two way street. To me if after his daughter leaves IU he doesn't want to step foot in Bloomington again will be fine by me. He's a hypocrite, blowhard, and talks out of both sides. Just my 2 cents. 

You forgot "idiot."

Against my better judgment, I listened to Dakich's 8-minute regurgitation of this forum thread saying "no sh*t, sherlock!" 4-5 times as Dakich simply repeated what several others have been saying for awhile. He literally has nothing that isn't already pretty much accepted as truth. "This is a business decision."  Really, Dan?  What clued you in?

In the end, yeah, it;'s a business decision, but I also think Romeo is very attracted to playing home games at Assembly Hall. Vanderbilt can't come CLOSE to that atmosphere. I think Romeo is also attracted to the idea of playing with several of the IU players who he's become friends with and who actually followed him ON SITE during New Albany's tournament run.  Sure, it's a business decision, but it's also nice that it's only an hour and a half to go home if he misses his family.  It's a business decision, but it's also nice that it's easy for his family to drive up for a home game on a regular basis. 

Dan, it may simply be a business decision to you, but for Romeo, I suspect it's that and much more. Idiot.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

You forgot "idiot."

Against my better judgment, I listened to Dakich's 8-minute regurgitation of this forum thread saying "no sh*t, sherlock!" 4-5 times as Dakich simply repeated what several others have been saying for awhile. He literally has nothing that isn't already pretty much accepted as truth. "This is a business decision."  Really, Dan?  What clued you in?

In the end, yeah, it;'s a business decision, but I also think Romeo is very attracted to playing home games at Assembly Hall. Vanderbilt can't come CLOSE to that atmosphere. I think Romeo is also attracted to the idea of playing with several of the IU players who he's become friends with and who actually followed him ON SITE during New Albany's tournament run.  Sure, it's a business decision, but it's also nice that it's only an hour and a half to go home if he misses his family.  It's a business decision, but it's also nice that it's easy for his family to drive up for a home game on a regular basis. 

Dan, it may simply be a business decision to you, but for Romeo, I suspect it's that and much more. Idiot.

Yep....that backward a-- compliment and following that up with it's a business decision ticks me off. As to say IU and Bloomington offer nothing else. 

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

And for HSN's listening "displeasure"..... I present :

Dan Dakich on Romeo Langford's decision: "This has become a business decision." 

He mentioned several times how awesome Rabjohns is today.  Leaving that judgement for another day,  I think what probably happened is that Dakich caught wind of the fact that we are going to get Romeo and in a really good place with TJD and Brooks, and Dakich sees the writing on the wall that IU is trending way up and that he needs to become a pro-IU cheerleader again or else he'll be on the wrong side of things.

12 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

He mentioned several times how awesome Rabjohns is today.  Leaving that judgement for another day,  I think what probably happened is that Dakich caught wind of the fact that we are going to get Romeo and in a really good place with TJD and Brooks, and Dakich sees the writing on the wall that IU is trending way up and that he needs to become a pro-IU cheerleader again or else he'll be on the wrong side of things.

Totally agree. Gotta win a few back

9 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

My opinion ?  Dak will do whatever it takes to keep his ratings up. He places himself above IU, unlike so many of our HSN members, IMHO. Did I ever tell you, one of my uncle's was Dak's godfather ? And my entire family followed Dak growing up and playing ball at Andrean.   We all thought the world of him then.  Not so much, today. 

Consider this an open invitation to Dan to post on HSN 3.0.... and I will personally guarantee we don't ban him, as he has done to so many of our members on his twitter account.

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

My opinion ?  Dak will do whatever it takes to keep his ratings up. He places himself above IU, unlike so many of our HSN members, IMHO. Did I ever tell you, one of my uncle's was Dak's godfather ? And my entire family followed Dak growing up and playing ball at Andrean.   We all thought the world of him then.  Not so much, today. 

Consider this an open invitation to Dan to post on HSN 3.0.... and I will personally guarantee we don't ban him, as he has done to so many of our members on his twitter account.

Dan will never post here because he cannot control the environment.  

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I had heard if Romeo decided to take that last visit to IU that there was going to be a special guest.  My guess and a well known posters guess were non other than Victor Oladipo....

If Vic wants to use his influence, I think he could be an absolute monster in helping IU lock down the state.  I mean, seriously...what Indiana high school player does not admire Victor Oladipo?

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

If Vic wants to use his influence, I think he could be an absolute monster in helping IU lock down the state.  I mean, seriously...what Indiana high school player does not admire Victor Oladipo?

I'm going to post this here, it's more to do with Oladipo, but some to do with Langford and recruiting though... 

Victor could be (will be) instrumental in our in-state recruiting going forward and it doesn't even have to be him talking to that recruit or this recruit. Archie says "look at how big Victor is in our state, it's no coincidence he went to IU".. when talking to recruits and it's over. VO has a chance to be bigger than Reggie in this state, I can't believe I'm typing that having grown up in the 90s and early 2000s. The bottom line is the goal for these kids is the NBA, as it should be.. and they'll be seeing Victor 82 games a year for their hometown team. (I realize not every kid is a Pacers fan, FS Sports IN is on nearly every cable provider we have, especially in Indy where IU needs more of a presence. His character and personality are second to none. If you're a parent and you see a guy like Victor came from IU.. wouldn't you want your son to follow his example? I believe the state will soon be enamoured by him and all those kids 5-14 years old currently will soon fall in love with him as we, as IU fans, have for these past 8 years. As a Pacer fan and an IU fan, I realize there are better players then him.. but there is no one I'd trade him for.. and I mean that. 

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

All the more impactful in that Vic did not grow up in Indiana. He just appreciates the passion Hoosiers have for basketball... and can, as you say be a great ambassador for IUBB. Compare and contrast that to Dan Dakich, who actually grew up in Indiana. I guess growing up outside of Indiana makes one appreciate the passion for the game in Indiana.

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

I had heard if Romeo decided to take that last visit to IU that there was going to be a special guest.  My guess and a well known posters guess were non other than Victor Oladipo....

I was all set to go down and meet with him but the call never came. 

Archived