Romeo Langford

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Self is every bit as bad as Cal, and maybe worse.  I don’t know how there isn’t more heat on him, especially considering they have a kid sit out with eligibility issues like every single year.  

I completely agree with your take.  It boggles my mind that Self doesn't get as much "hate" as Cal.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Self routinely has eligibility issues, but I'm not prepared to put him and Cal in the same category. Cal left not one but two programs behind with vacated FFs. The amount of 'smoke' around Cal is worse than anyone. Maybe more comes out on Self (who is also twice the coach that Cal is), but as of now, Cal is the standard by which all dirty-but-not-caught-yet coaches should be measured.

58 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Chris Taylor with a stupid follow up article on Romeo.  Calling for KU fans to make a push for Romeo. Hey Clueless,  I mean, Chris.  Romeo had been signing autographs for hundreds of thousands  of adoring  IU fans for hours after his games all this year.

Another look at Romeo Langford

"On April 30th, the Kansas Jayhawks will know if they have either landed phenom Romeo Langford or they will have to win the title without him."

Oh puke...you'll be lucky if Kansas is eligible for the tournament.

WARNING !   Our rules prohibit political discussions.  So I post this with the understanding that Romeo's recruitment has reached another level. And not as a political perspective. First there were businesses, with signs wanting him to come to IU.  Then there was Taco Bell.... and live Mas Romeo, go to IU.

Dac9IeYW4AAGNuO.0.jpg

Personally, I have got to say.... I have never seen anything like the facets Romeo's recruitment has taken.  Not Eric Gordon. Not Cody Zeller.  No one but, Romeo.

Now.... a conflict for Hoosiers as to watch on April 30.

Final Indiana GOP Senate debate may be overshadowed — by Romeo Langford

4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

^^ Self routinely has eligibility issues, but I'm not prepared to put him and Cal in the same category. Cal left not one but two programs behind with vacated FFs. The amount of 'smoke' around Cal is worse than anyone. Maybe more comes out on Self (who is also twice the coach that Cal is), but as of now, Cal is the standard by which all dirty-but-not-caught-yet coaches should be measured.

Can't dispute any of that.  Just as with UK, there has been something wrong with KU for along time.  No matter who the coach is.

29 minutes ago, rico said:

Can't dispute any of that.  Just as with UK, there has been something wrong with KU for along time.  No matter who the coach is.

KU was hit with probations, after Larry Brown left... due to suspect recruiting activities.  No need to remind our members that the same thing happened to Larry Brown at another university, (SMU) years later.

Kansas was hit with probations , after Roy Williams left.... fingering him with giving improper benefits to graduating players.  And we are to believe Williams knew nothing about "paper classes" at UNC ?

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

WARNING !   Our rules prohibit political discussions.  So I post this with the understanding that Romeo's recruitment has reached another level. And not as a political perspective. First there were businesses, with signs wanting him to come to IU.  Then there was Taco Bell.... and live Mas Romeo, go to IU.

Dac9IeYW4AAGNuO.0.jpg

Personally, I have got to say.... I have never seen anything like the facets Romeo's recruitment has taken.  Not Eric Gordon. Not Cody Zeller.  No one but, Romeo.

Now.... a conflict for Hoosiers as to watch on April 30.

Final Indiana GOP Senate debate may be overshadowed — by Romeo Langford

If only Romeo could meet the age requirements he could announce for IU and run for office at the same time. 

41 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

KU was hit with probations, after Larry Brown left... due to suspect recruiting activities.  No need to remind our members that the same thing happened to Larry Brown at another university, (SMU) years later.

Kansas was hit with probations , after Roy Williams left.... fingering him with giving improper benefits to graduating players.  And we are to believe Williams knew nothing about "paper classes" at UNC ?

This is the kind of the thing that I feel puts UK and KU in the same category.  Brown got UCLA put on probation, but yet KU hires him.  Brown exits Lawrence, and enter Roy.  Hmmmmmmmmmm.  I really aint old enough to remember Rupp at UK, but his successor Joe B. Hall was dirty.  He exits Lexington and they hire Eddie Sutton.  Sutton exits and Pittino enters........the problem is we are dealing with corrupt institutions.

5 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I would say they’re in the same category, Self just hasn’t got busted yet for whatever reason.  When you compare their tenures at KU and UK, there’s actually been a lot more smoke around Self than there has been around Cal.

40 minutes ago, CSprings Hoosier said:

The author of this article is off in so many aspects. In fact, 

2) Romeo has never stated or implied  wants to "get that money" as soon as possible, but rather that he "just loves the game" and has a genuine appreciation for school as well as basketball.

I think Romeo has implied he's all about "the league". I don't hold it against him and I don't view it as selfish...but I think all I've ever heard him talk about is getting ready for "the league". This is pretty much every recruit, unfortunately. I would prefer to hear guys talk about winning...but here we are, where every Top 150 recruit in the country is going to the NBA.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

That's pretty cool. 

When I played for Jim Shannon  we shot a lot of free throws and u were to yell out your streak. If you made 20 in a row the coaches bought you a pop after practice. We had a player shoot over 90 percent for his career. At his senior awards the coaching staff brought in a full cart of cases of pop had to be at least 20 cases. Now days a coach would get fired for that 

12 minutes ago, Astrosws20 said:

How will they regulate this though? I don’t see how they’ll keep people from lining up.

If someone from the local Taco Bell had the expertise they would get a feed from the high school gym onto their big sign. Win-win for them. Diffuses some of the crowd, and folks could stop in for a quick dinner while waiting on the announcement.

:snack:

Archived