Romeo Langford

21 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

I think you have to look at our team this year - Romeo is not going to be averaging more than 18ppg max.  This is an inside-out offense.  He will learn a lot in his first year and could definitely return for a second season.

It was an inside-out offense last season because our guard play was atrocious.  Of course with a great player like Juwan we’re going to get the ball inside, but I could definitely see Romeo averaging 20+ ppg.  Hell, RoJo averaged 14, and Romeo is twice the scorer he was.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

...and I'd just about guarantee he's been reading.  Someone makes a 257-page thread about me on the internet, I'm reading every bit of it out of pure curiosity.  In this case, I'm sure he's also been reading for amusement/entertainment. I know I have and it ain't even about me!:nansplit:

34 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

It was an inside-out offense last season because our guard play was atrocious.  Of course with a great player like Juwan we’re going to get the ball inside, but I could definitely see Romeo averaging 20+ ppg.  Hell, RoJo averaged 14, and Romeo is twice the scorer he was.

I think last year we tried the inside - inside offense. :coffee:

I'm excited about our future and if Romeo commits it just means we start rolling that much sooner.  Like a kid at Christmas and I like it.  Be cool to share with you folks!  I don't see much weakness in our roster for next year, although when it comes to all things IU I'm kinda optimistically optimistic.

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Yep no way Romeo couldn't be 20+ a game next year.  Our guards consistently got good looks last year but missed.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

I am hoping everyone that is predicting Romeo to IU is basing it on solid info.  I hope it is not just the fact that he is announcing it to the public in NA in front of a pro IU crowd.  I remember Zion Williamson was predicted to go to Clemson and announced for duke instead of his home state school.  Saying that I do think Romeo will be wearing the Cream and Crimson.

4 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Agree to disagree, RJ a much better shooter now than Romeo... Romeo has the edge driving but we are a meticulous offensive team.  This won't be some 85ppg team with two guys averaging 20 each. 

How many times have you seen Romeo play?

7 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Agree to disagree, RJ a much better shooter now than Romeo... Romeo has the edge driving but we are a meticulous offensive team.  This won't be some 85ppg team with two guys averaging 20 each. 

Ummmmmmm........you are joking?  Right?

4 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

There is no way Rob is a better shooter than Romeo right now, much less a “much better” shooter.  His jumper was busted all year, with the exception of a few games here and there.  We were a meticulous offensive team because we had no one that could consistently break down the defense and create their own shot outside Juwan.

8 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Am I the only one here that thinks that Justin Smith is going to have a breakout season, next year??? I think that Romeo(assuming we get him) and Juwan will warrant the opposing team’s attention and J. Smith will get all he wants, inside and out. 

You are most definitely not alone! Smith showed signs this past season of taking off. After summer workouts and training, seems really likely to be primed for that frosh to soph jump, kid has a lot of talent

Archived