Romeo Langford

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If we just had Romeo on this years team he's 6-7 win difference. ISU/Fort Wayne don't happen. Nor does Wiscy or Illinois. Add to that Home games with Duke, Sparty, Purdue, and Ohio St??

In terms of 38%. That's a good number. Hulls went 40, 41, 49, 44 during his 4 years. JB Jr went 38, 46, and 42 during his 3 years.If I were betting I'd probably stay away from that bet because it's a bit close to say yes or no either way. 

Thanks for dishing out those stats.  Staggering numbers by Jordy that Junior year.  Just straight filthy.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If we just had Romeo on this years team he's 6-7 win difference. ISU/Fort Wayne don't happen. Nor does Wiscy or Illinois. Add to that Home games with Duke, Sparty, Purdue, and Ohio St??

In terms of 38%. That's a good number. Hulls went 40, 41, 49, 44 during his 4 years. JB Jr went 38, 46, and 42 during his 3 years.If I were betting I'd probably stay away from that bet because it's a bit close to say yes or no either way. 

Ft. Wayne and ISU happened because the defense was a complete tear down and rebuild. I remember thinking wow, he was right when he told those close to him that it would take three years to fix the defense.

We probably go about 19-11 with him last year with a better big ten record.

1 hour ago, Hoosier24 said:

....and I thought posts on Vic were controversial lol. At least I kept it civil with “old crusty” btown (kidding)!

Didn’t we all bitch about “jacking up 3’s,” and shooting two many 3’s in years past?

Frankly, I’ll be disappointed if Romeo is just out there shooting 3’s. As someone else said, he’s a dynamic all around scorer. He’s extremely versatile, and doesn’t need the outside shot to put up high scoring. Umbers.

Haha I basically barely get out of bed each day. So crusty. 

Can I just say: who cares about 3 point %?

i love when single statistics are supposed to define a player. If that were the case we should consider Collison the best player in the NBA????

i love RoJo, but with as many open shots as he had last year he should’ve shot 50%. Clearly the opposing defenses never saw him as a shooting threat. That should tell you everything you need to know. 

Romeo will be the center of attention for defenses, which will give everybody else better, higher percentage shots. AND he’ll still get his, but keep on comparing his 3 pt percentage to RoJo as if it means something.

Disregard my previous post, phone glitch...

i do think the topic of Romeo vs Rojo production is interesting despite Hoosier Daddy not posing the question the best way...I think we'll miss Rojos overall performance quite a bit. I'd give the nod to Romeo but maybe not by quite as much as other posters would. Only watched him on TV once though, so my opinion isn't as informed as others. If he were to surpass 40 percent from 3 next year I'd be impressed with that. Would be much needed too

In a roundabout way, I don’t blame Kansas fans.  Most are not going to try to understand, let alone acknowledge, that IU has been a giant missed opportunity over the past twenty years and is a sleeping giant.   It can be easy to look at a bottom line record without digging deeper when the results are convenient.  You’re not really inclined or motivated to look under the hood to see why IU has been off its long term trend line, when you look at administrative decisions and coaching hires that were not good fits.  

I would imagine many of the fans don’t realize that Kansas was irrelevant in the 1970s and up to the mid 1980s.  Fans can be very selective in choosing what they want to see.

At the end of the day, Kansas has nothing over IU in terms of fan base, facilities, exposure, etc.  It’s too easy to look at recent success and not see evolving circumstances.  IU just flipped its defensive performance around and took care of the basketball.  Kansas fans look at a 39 year old Archie Miller and not be impressed when they look at a 16-15 team that didn’t win any games of consequence.  I can’t really blame them because it’s facile and people love to hear what they want to hear.  They don’t see IU as about to flip the script with a winning brand of basketball that’s on the verge of adding good players.  They might just be surprised when they see a reversion to the mean at IU.  

To deny that one of the most desired prep players, historically,  in the state of Indiana.... Damon Bailey....and  has had one on one's with arguably the next most desired prep player in the state of Indiana, since Bailey, has not had an impact on Romeo.... is to deny that those one on one's can't have an impact on Romeo.  I believe Damon has had a considerable impact .... perhaps even more than Archie, in thinking about IU. 

52 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Can I just say: who cares about 3 point %?

i love when single statistics are supposed to define a player. If that were the case we should consider Collison the best player in the NBA????

i love RoJo, but with as many open shots as he had last year he should’ve shot 50%. Clearly the opposing defenses never saw him as a shooting threat. That should tell you everything you need to know. 

Romeo will be the center of attention for defenses, which will give everybody else better, higher percentage shots. AND he’ll still get his, but keep on comparing his 3 pt percentage to RoJo as if it means something.

This is a really good post. In the Duke, OSU, MSU, and Purdue games.. the ones at home... he shot

22-61 from the field 36%

7-23 from 3- 30% 

That's simply not good enough, especially when a fair amount of those were wide open.. and at home. 

Darius is learning a valuable lesson early on and I'm glad Romeo sniffed it out.

True value of a friendship relationship is that it goes both ways. Romeo was probably saying hey buddy all you keep saying is come to Vandy, come to Vandy...how about ask me about something else? And by the way Darius...newsflash for you. You needed Romeo much more than he did. 

PS...hope it works out for Darius. We'll check back in a couple of years and see if that Vandy choice was the good one. 

Archived