Romeo Langford

Hey guys, Lifelong NA resident and hardcore Hoosier fan here. Been reading for about a month, but mostly trolling from work ( a true pleasure, by the way, as long as IT doesn't look at my browser history).

Anyway, is anyone concerned, regarding Romeo, that Archie has offered two guards today? Also, his recent flurry of offers this week is Crean-like, regarding his otherwise careful use of schollys. He knows a lot more than we do, but I think we may not be getting some of the guys we have been confident for ( i.e. Brooks), or am I just looking too deeply into it. ( not that anybody else is hanging on every word awaiting recruiting news)

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Great to see you back posting like crazy. As I have told you many times, YOU ARE HSN! 

Thank you sir. I really am enjoying my new title. So much more freedom than before.   However, it is not me.  It is members like you that are making HSN 3.0 great.   

9 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Hey guys, Lifelong NA resident and hardcore Hoosier fan here. Been reading for about a month, but mostly trolling from work ( a true pleasure, by the way, as long as IT doesn't look at my browser history).

Anyway, is anyone concerned, regarding Romeo, that Archie has offered two guards today? Also, his recent flurry of offers this week is Crean-like, regarding his otherwise careful use of schollys. He knows a lot more than we do, but I think we may not be getting some of the guys we have been confident for ( i.e. Brooks), or am I just looking too deeply into it. ( not that anybody else is hanging on every word awaiting recruiting news)

Welcome, welcome, welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation. So glad you decided to go from lurker to poster. 

19 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Welcome to the board fellow Hoosier!

I find this the best, most intelligent, most positive, and most civil of all the boards out there. 

And also, know that concerning Romeo, there are many of us here in NA that respect the Langfords enough to withhold some things we may hear, but there is a positive "drumbeat" among IU fans here....

4 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

I find this the best, most intelligent, most positive, and most civil of all the boards out there. 

And also, know that concerning Romeo, there are many of us here in NA that respect the Langfords enough to withhold some things we may hear, but there is a positive "drumbeat" among IU fans here....

Thank you so very much for the very kind words about our site.  It means a lot to all of us that have been a part of establishing, and more importantly keeping this site going after 247 told us to take a hike. 

Gotten good vibes along the way from others from NA.

And I love that you too have picked up on the drum beat as well.   Listen to the drum beat. 

38 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Can you hear the drum beat.... now ?

IU offered Jalen Lecque 5* CG.  Per Jeff Rabjohns and Andrew Slater on twitter. 

Hey Mile.....this latest offer from Archie today has really got me curious and intrigued. It seems he just came out of no where AND is listed as a combo/point  guard.  He mentions in the article that he is considering reclassifying for 2018, but leaning for 2019. I can't help to think that there are many irons in the fire and some surprises by Archie. Are there any legs to this new offer or is it "all in a day's work"?

This thread is like a novel I've been reading for a while and just want to plow through the rest of to get to the climax. Too bad it doesn't work that way! Regardless, thanks to everybody for the daily day time banter that entertains me at home after I'm done teaching (or rather herding?) 8th graders all day. Only a few chapter to go now! 

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Hey Mile.....this latest offer from Archie today has really got me curious and intrigued. It seems he just came out of no where AND is listed as a combo/point  guard.  He mentions in the article that he is considering reclassifying for 2018, but leaning for 2019. I can't help to think that there are many irons in the fire some surprises by Archie. Are there any legs to this new offer or is it "all in a day's work"?

I will need some time to check into it. 

1 minute ago, JerseyHoosier said:

This thread is like a novel I've been reading for a while and just want to plow through the rest of to get to the climax. Too bad it doesn't work that way! Regardless, thanks to everybody for the daily day time banter that entertains me at home after I'm done teaching (or rather herding?) 8th graders all day. Only a few chapter to go now! 

Many blessing going out to you. My wife taught 6th grade for 30 years, and subbed for 6 years after that.  Occasionally getting called to cover 8th grade classes, and was assigned one year to 8th grade.  It pleases me to know HSN can provide a relief to you, knowing what my wife went through.  Hang in there.  Teachers are what we need. 

2 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Still getting used to and digging your Chancellor Emeritus title. So fancy (and deserved!). 😀

I was asked on Monday via a personal e-mail, not a P.M. by a Very Important Person.... how I felt about my new title.  My response :  "I like it." I should have said : "I love it."

Honestly cannot think of another fan site.... IU or other, that has bestowed this title upon one of their members, much less moderator or administrator.  I feel akin to the late Herman B. Wells.  Perhaps, some day, I will share with you all my interactions with the first IU chancellor. 

Thank you for your kind words.  And thanks for being such a great member, as well.

55 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Well, nice to hear from a Hoosier fan in NA.  To hear some others tell it, everybody from NA loves UL and UK and not IU.

2 hours ago, zerawkid said:

Two things I haven't said or intimated in any way, shape or, form:

1.) That you or hoosier10 have called Tim Langford a liar. 

2.) That you or hoosier10 are in any way anti-Crean.

What I do think is that you are mischaracterizing his statements and projecting your own thoughts and opinion as being his true subtext. As for reading into things or overcomplicating things, let's recap. My *entire* issue with what you've suggested and what hoosier10 has represented in his/her posts is that you are claiming to know Mr. Langford's thoughts/intentions below the surface of what he has said publicly. That is the sum total of my complaint. This isn't about the above two items. I never broached those topics (other posters may have). 

I stand behind my criticism of anyone who decides to promote their narrative beyond the actual words of another human being. If your position is that Mr. Langford is just being polite by saying nice things about Coach Crean, I'd ask: why would he bother? What is there to gain? In this case, it's easier to leave well enough alone and not even get into that topic. He did so willingly and with cogent thought. Moreover, I'd ask for you to provide some proof that you believe Mr. Langford *actually* feels that way, regardless of what he took time to actually say in an interview he knew would be seen by thousands of people. 

So, as for the overcomplicating and reading into things, I'd suggest that that's not happening on my end. Rather, it's happening on your end. 

You asked why Mr Langford would bother saying kind things to/ about Crean. What would he stand to gain?

IMO it shows a lot of class on Langford's part. Much more impressive to show kindness to someone else when you have no angle. And , sounds totally in keeping with what we know about the Langford family.

As well, who knows when Romeo and Crean might cross paths, and who knows that Romeo's cause isn't helped by a simple act of kindness. 

45 minutes ago, RJPaisley said:

Well, nice to hear from a Hoosier fan in NA.  To hear some others tell it, everybody from NA loves UL and UK and not IU.

There is a strong contingent of IU fans here, it's just that we were dominated by U.K. Going back to the late 90's, and have to watch Louisville news, with the exception of WDRB 41, almost ignores IU. Many people here treat the Derby like it's our holiday, and U of L probably still has a majority of fans here, but think what Romeo could do to unite us river folk with the rest of our brethren in the state. There will be a whole new generation of IU fans in New Albany and surrounding areas. Maybe enough to get "Kentucky Korner" out of the Greentree mall. See? There is more hanging on the Langford decision for IU than Archie can comprehend.And with Louisville's demise, the timing COULD be perfect. 

20 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

There is a strong contingent of IU fans here, it's just that we were dominated by U.K. Going back to the late 90's, and have to watch Louisville news, with the exception of WDRB 41, almost ignores IU. Many people here treat the Derby like it's our holiday, and U of L probably still has a majority of fans here, but think what Romeo could do to unite us river folk with the rest of our brethren in the state. There will be a whole new generation of IU fans in New Albany and surrounding areas. Maybe enough to get "Kentucky Korner" out of the Greentree mall. See? There is more hanging on the Langford decision for IU than Archie can comprehend.And with Louisville's demise, the timing COULD be perfect. 

I used to like walking by that store and loudly asking my wife if they had any 38-0 shirts left. 

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Hey Mile.....this latest offer from Archie today has really got me curious and intrigued. It seems he just came out of no where AND is listed as a combo/point  guard.  He mentions in the article that he is considering reclassifying for 2018, but leaning for 2019. I can't help to think that there are many irons in the fire and some surprises by Archie. Are there any legs to this new offer or is it "all in a day's work"?

My thought on this, and hope, is that Archie expects to land Romeo, and if he does get a commitment from Langford that it'll get other 5-star recruits interested in IU.  So by offering many recruits at once, and knowing that we will have only a few available scholarships, that it will press some of these kids to commit early to IU.

15 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

My thought on this, and hope, is that Archie expects to land Romeo, and if he does get a commitment from Langford that it'll get other 5-star recruits interested in IU.  So by offering many recruits at once, and knowing that we will have only a few available scholarships, that it will press some of these kids to commit early to IU.

I like how he did it right before the announcement too. 

Just want to say.  Keep an eye open on Sunday. And I am not talking about my piece.  Wish I could share.  But promised my trusted informant not to, in order not to take away from Romeo.  Something special is about to happen on Sunday. And again, it is not about my piece.   In fact this could only add to my piece... unless of course something leaks out to the public before then. 

Archived