Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, CSprings Hoosier said:

IMG-0524.thumb.JPG.78041b9a4c2cca95db08205abd879ab7.JPG

It's very possible I'm reading too far into this, but this is what Romeo just posted on his Instagram story before Prom...Looks like Cream & Crimson to me.

Hope these aren't ruby slippers. Dorothy was from Kansas afterall.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think it's a diversion. Got no inside info to back that up and I don't believe for a minute that the decision has been known for more than a month. If this was a Vandy rumor, I'd be laughing but with it being Kansas, you have to leave open the possibility that it's a genuine threat. I laid out the rationale for choosing IU and I think it holds, but this kind of info opens a crack in my confidence. Frankly, I think that's what is desired. There should be some suspense in the announcement. I'm not changing my pick though.

Good man. Turning down your best bud and a chance at a title is one hell of a strong pass. Can’t say that I’m all that confident. I’m sure folks will be F5’ing Evan Daniels page until the announcement.

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

Good man. Turning down your best bud and a chance at a title is one hell of a strong pass. Can’t say that I’m all that confident. I’m sure folks will be F5’ing Evan Daniels page until the announcement.

I’ve never been confident.  For all of the talk about how close to the vest the Langford’s have played this there have been too many rumors for me.  But I’ve also taken the approach all along that I hope he comes to IU but will believe it when he says it.

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

They are tight but I'm guessing he's tighter with East.  He also has a close relationship with RobPhin.  Monday is going to be fun...no reason to be stressed though. Lots of momentum in IU recruiting. Let's see if Romeo pours some gas on that momentum. I think he does.

No reason for us to freak out... after all, wasn't it Rabjohns who went to Nashville? He could be trying again to break the story first. And didn't the Langford's say they were going to discuss before Prom and then he comes out wearing white and red? ( arch rival Jeffersonville colors, NA has black) I wish I had more local news on Shawn, except that no one finds it odd that he hasn't announced where he intends to play yet? I'm trying to be rational and not get too excited or disappointed yet...

1 hour ago, KDB said:

Rabjohns just said Kansas is acting confident. Doesn't know if it's them guessing or based on reality. But says that's how they're acting.

Yeah. And from what I was told... Rabjohns was the one who kept visiting Garland, up till the end.  IMHO... it is just him trying to cover for his Darius screwup. 

41 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

No reason for us to freak out... after all, wasn't it Rabjohns who went to Nashville? He could be trying again to break the story first. And didn't the Langford's say they were going to discuss before Prom and then he comes out wearing white and red? ( arch rival Jeffersonville colors, NA has black) I wish I had more local news on Shawn, except that no one finds it odd that he hasn't announced where he intends to play yet? I'm trying to be rational and not get too excited or disappointed yet...

Appreciate the local take, Rev!  

Fellow forum members, I'm dead serious when I say this has been a really fun ride. I absolutely want to See Romeo blowing the roof off of Assembly Hall next year and yes, I'll be disappointed if he chooses to go elsewhere, but I absolutely love what I see at IU.  A team that is on a strong trajectory regardless of Monday's decision.  I think he's coming despite the last-minute intrigue but it absolutely makes the announcement that much more interesting.

Will I toss Romeo out like yesterday's garbage if he makes a decision to play at Kansas?  No.  He's done enough in his community to deserve my respect regardless, but at the same time, will he mean even a tenth as much to the state of Indiana if he plays out of state?  Unlikely.  I'll be mildly interested when I happen to see him play in the future, but he'll be very much like Gary Harris...a talented Indiana kid that went elsewhere and is largely forgotten today as a result.  Without looking, I can't even tell you who Gary plays for now and I have no real interest in watching his team.  Conversely, I actually watched Vic play on all three of his teams. Not religiously, but I was interested enough to keep track of him.  Vic wasn't even a native Hoosier.  Imagine the attraction of an Indiana kid with the talent Romeo has, playing for an Indiana school?  That brings back images of Larry Bird and Damon Bailey and the level of interest they generated in Indiana.  That's why I think he picks Indiana.  Assuming he performs as expected, he's a lotto pick at either school.  At Kansas, he's just another Oden, Harris or Conley.  At Indiana, he's a legend for life.  That means something after his pro days are over.  Ask Bird or Bailey (who never even stuck at the pro level).

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah.  Actually have gotten one more drum beat today. But was requested not to publish. 

Personally, coming down the stretch... I can't believe there has not been a leak by now.

Props to the Langfords... anytime there’s been any sort of indication, they come out with some indecisive words grouped into sentences! 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Danomatic said:

Props to the Langfords... anytime there’s been any sort of indication, they come out with some indecisive words grouped into sentences! 👍🏻

I never thought I'd see a family as skilled as the Zellers in keeping a lid on things, but the Langfords are right there.

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Appreciate the local take, Rev!  

Fellow forum members, I'm dead serious when I say this has been a really fun ride. I absolutely want to See Romeo blowing the roof off of Assembly Hall next year and yes, I'll be disappointed if he chooses to go elsewhere, but I absolutely love what I see at IU.  A team that is on a strong trajectory regardless of Monday's decision.  I think he's coming despite the last-minute intrigue but it absolutely makes the announcement that much more interesting.

Will I toss Romeo out like yesterday's garbage if he makes a decision to play at Kansas?  No.  He's done enough in his community to deserve my respect regardless, but at the same time, will he mean even a tenth as much to the state of Indiana if he plays out of state?  Unlikely.  I'll be mildly interested when I happen to see him play in the future, but he'll be very much like Gary Harris...a talented Indiana kid that went elsewhere and is largely forgotten today as a result.  Without looking, I can't even tell you who Gary plays for now and I have no real interest in watching his team.  Conversely, I actually watched Vic play on all three of his teams. Not religiously, but I was interested enough to keep track of him.  Vic wasn't even a native Hoosier.  Imagine the attraction of an Indiana kid with the talent Romeo has, playing for an Indiana school?  That brings back images of Larry Bird and Damon Bailey and the level of interest they generated in Indiana.  That's why I think he picks Indiana.  Assuming he performs as expected, he's a lotto pick at either school.  At Kansas, he's just another Oden, Harris or Conley.  At Indiana, he's a legend for life.  That means something after his pro days are over.  Ask Bird or Bailey (who never even stuck at the pro level).

And Sean May could have become an IU legend.... just like his dad.  Now he's just an after thought.  Yes... I know, his dad had a lot to do with Sean going to UNC, instead of IU.  In Romeo's case, whatever the outcome... Different coaches, and different times, now.  I  just hope Romeo's choice comes solely from his heart, rather than his dad's.  I want players that truly want to wear the Candy Strips, if even only for 10 months.... and not because their dad wanted them to don the Candy Stripes.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

And Sean May could have become an IU legend.... just like his dad.  Now he's just an after thought.  Yes... I know, his dad had a lot to do with Sean going to UNC, instead of IU.  In Romeo's case, whatever the outcome... Different coaches, and different times, now.  I  just hope Romeo's choice comes solely from his heart, rather than his dad's.  I want players that truly want to wear the Candy Strips, if even only for 10 months.... and not because their dad wanted them to don the Candy Stripes.

Good example Mile. And Sean May came from none other than Bloomongton but hardly anyone talks about him at this point. Another example would be Deshaun Thomas. He in fact scored more than Romeo, but he committed to OSU a bit early, his journey to his 3000+ points was rather humble and quiet. IMO, the main reason Romeo's senior season was absolutely epic was a lot of fans hoped Romeo would say yes to IU. If he chooses to go elsewhere, most people would still congratulate him but he will be forgotten within a decade.

5 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Good example Mile. And Sean May came from none other than Bloomongton but hardly anyone talks about him at this point. Another example would be Deshaun Thomas. He in fact scored more than Romeo, but he committed to OSU a bit early, his journey to his 3000+ points was rather humble and quiet. IMO, the main reason Romeo's senior season was absolutely epic was a lot of fans hoped Romeo would say yes to IU. If he chooses to go elsewhere, most people would still congratulate him but he will be forgotten within a decade.

Yep... Now Sean is an assistant to Roy on the UNC bench.

My worry is this. When Romeo set the announcement date and location he was strongly leaning IU but in the last couple of weeks has started thinking Kansas and the IU staff got wind of that, which is why we saw the flurry of guard offers and why Mr. Langford started giving interviews about how people should be a Romeo fan first and and a fan of their school second. Would also explain why Quentin Grimes went from telling reporters he thought Romeo would go to IU to telling Kansas coaches and media that he was confident Romeo would go to Kansas. 

Would also explain why our insiders had such confidence a few weeks back.

Let me take a stab at the script for this:

Random KU fan: "I  have it on VERY good authority that Romeo will be announcing for the Jayhawks.  This is a done deal folks.  Put it in the bank."

Romeo chooses IU.

Random KU fan: "Well, it was a done deal, but something undid it.  I don't know what happened, but it isn't like this is unprecedented.  Remember Jarred Jeffries?  He was a lock to Duke, the night before his announcement, yet chose IU the next morning.  Something 'magical' about IU and these last minute flips."

Archived