Romeo Langford

39 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Wow. Just wow.  Fantastic.  So glad you are a part of Hoosier Sports Nation, now. Wait, have I said that before ?   I think I have.  LOL  But it's true. 

Just to state it again, what a great environment you have developed here. Amazing content and people, while maintaining civility and egoless sharing of information any of us may acquire. I'd like to think these are some of the best Hoosier qualities. Thank you again Mile for the effort to create and maintain this.

I was in Atlanta teaching this weekend and was asked to show two gentlemen where the elevators in the hotel are. I noticed the aau program from Alabama, and thought I recognized one of the players. He just so happens to be the top 2018 player in the state, Myreon Jones. I mentioned I live in Birmingham and asked him about his recruitment.  They said they have an upcoming visit to Penn State.  When I started discussing the Penn State team in detail, his dad looked at me like I was crazy. I just replied I was from Indiana. His response with a big smile,  "ok, that makes sense."  Our passion for hoops is known nationwide. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I've seen about every angle imaginable on Romeo's decision.  For my last piece before the decision I decided to go with tying in the move Hoosiers and specifically Shooter Flatch.  Hope you enjoy.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/the-romeo-langford-announcement-no-matter-what-he-says-your-reaction-should-be-the-same/

You, sir, are a talented writer.  Thank you for your contributions to HSN.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Just to state it again, what a great environment you have developed here. Amazing content and people, while maintaining civility and egoless sharing of information any of us may acquire. I'd like to think these are some of the best Hoosier qualities. Thank you again Mile for the effort to create and maintain this.

I was in Atlanta teaching this weekend and was asked to show two gentlemen where the elevators in the hotel are. I noticed the aau program from Alabama, and thought I recognized one of the players. He just so happens to be the top 2018 player in the state, Myreon Jones. I mentioned I live in Birmingham and asked him about his recruitment.  They said they have an upcoming visit to Penn State.  When I started discussing the Penn State team in detail, his dad looked at me like I was crazy. I just replied I was from Indiana. His response with a big smile,  "ok, that makes sense."  Our passion for hoops is known nationwide. 

Thank you for your kind words.  But it is not just me.  It's the entire Hoosier Sports Nation. 

I've seen about every angle imaginable on Romeo's decision.  For my last piece before the decision I decided to go with tying in the move Hoosiers and specifically Shooter Flatch.  Hope you enjoy.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/the-romeo-langford-announcement-no-matter-what-he-says-your-reaction-should-be-the-same/

Super read. Well done.

Great article!  New Albany fans will not appreciate any disrespect towards Romeo regardless of his college choice.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Thank you.  I hope you are doing well.  Last time we talked, I believe you were looking to change occupations.  But I do talk to a lot  of people as a result of this glorious site.  So, if I am wrong, please forgive me.  And if recall correctly, hoping all is working out for you.

Also, Don't forget about CoachSS.  He is dialed in.  But he has been very quiet in terms of Romeo.  Probably with good reason. As this is one of the toughest recruitments, to crack, in the 10 or so years I have been following recruiting related to IU BB. 

Also, pay attention to this guy :Recruiting  | Zagsblog

Zagoria has already been very active today. Tuned in as well.   Possible he could be leaking something today. 

Funny thing. 0708, CoachSS and I have talked very little, in private, about Romeo.  In my case, I have had some great people tell me about their experiences, in and around New Albany, as well as with people associated with Romeo.  I am here to tell you, and as before... as of right this minute... I have nothing substantial to stand on.

My piece for tonight, is for fun only. 

Hey, old friend. Indeed, left the teaching gig back in February, now working at Lowe’s while finishing real estate licensing. Also, was hired by Apple, waiting for an opening there. So, staying busy while ramping things up. You’re a good friend to have kept that in mind all this time.

Hope things are well and good out west. We’ll be in Lake Tahoe for a wedding in October, wanna swing out and grab a beer?

In any case, congrats on the position and title around here...you’re the consummate host and all around great guy.

Looking forward to your story this evening the culminating events of tomorrow.

I’d love to hear a bit more from 0708 and SS over the next 30 hours or so...if only to put my mind at ease.

7 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

Great article!  New Albany fans will not appreciate any disrespect towards Romeo regardless of his college choice.

I'm blushing at the positive feedback here, but it has been balanced out by someone on facebook saying that I was "talking down to the hicks of southern Indiana".  LOL.  Can't please 'em all.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Wow. Just wow.  Fantastic.  So glad you are a part of Hoosier Sports Nation, now. Wait, have I said that before ?   I think I have.  LOL  But it's true. 

A truly great article with a perspective I agree with wholeheartedly.

1 minute ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I'm blushing at the positive feedback here, but it has been balanced out by someone on facebook saying that I was "talking down to the hicks of southern Indiana".  LOL.  Can't please 'em all.

I think you presented a great message! Only thing, I actually liked Shooter, and now you've tainted my image of him. :/

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Not picking a fight or anything, but as an 18 year old kid I knew right from wrong but that didn’t mean I always did right. Unlike the guy who stole Yogis Thunder I’m sure Anderson didn’t mean any ill will.  Go Hoosiers!

Again, never said he’s a bad kid or meant any ill will.  Don’t know why you’re interpreting my comment that way

6 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I am a season ticket holder who will not be going to the announcement. ( would make me too nervous, and I would not want to see non-New Albany fans booing the decision- which is what I think Tim was getting at. ) I think your article articulates the feeling in this community- which is so much more the reason why I would like to see Romeo at IU. But if not, he deserves to do his thing in peace. My wife is personal friends with Mrs Langford, and we often talked with her while she waited after games, but the thought of betraying the friendship to try to get some kind of tip or advantage never crossed our mind. Besides, we often wore IU gear to home games- she saw that. Your article resonates with me for the same kinds of reasons. No one wants them to choose IU more than me, because I'd like to see all of the Louisville area come alive with IU fans. But if not, I think you might see that Romeo's recruitment and in no small way Archie's hire has put IU squarely in the driver's seat with instate recruits 

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

You basically called him stupid.....so 

Intelligence is how a man’s character is gauged? That’s news to me.  It showed a lack of awareness and smarts to tweet that out IMO. For the third time, it has nothing to do with his character and I never said it did.

37 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Hey, old friend. Indeed, left the teaching gig back in February, now working at Lowe’s while finishing real estate licensing. Also, was hired by Apple, waiting for an opening there. So, staying busy while ramping things up. You’re a good friend to have kept that in mind all this time.

Hey... Who you calling old ?   Just kidding.

Glad to hear things are working out for you. Anytime you are planning on passing through... just let me know.

27 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

I am a season ticket holder who will not be going to the announcement. ( would make me too nervous, and I would not want to see non-New Albany fans booing the decision- which is what I think Tim was getting at. ) I think your article articulates the feeling in this community- which is so much more the reason why I would like to see Romeo at IU. But if not, he deserves to do his thing in peace. My wife is personal friends with Mrs Langford, and we often talked with her while she waited after games, but the thought of betraying the friendship to try to get some kind of tip or advantage never crossed our mind. Besides, we often wore IU gear to home games- she saw that. Your article resonates with me for the same kinds of reasons. No one wants them to choose IU more than me, because I'd like to see all of the Louisville area come alive with IU fans. But if not, I think you might see that Romeo's recruitment and in no small way Archie's hire has put IU squarely in the driver's seat with instate recruits 

Cool post.  I enjoyed it very much.  And thank you for joining HSN.

Truly appreciate your sharing your relationship with Mrs. Langford.  And the fact you wore IU gear to his games.  Kind of the same thing with me and De'Ron Davis, and his mom.  Want to stick out in a Colorado High School Gym ?   Wear some IU gear.  Better yet, get your friends and family to show up for De'Ron's games, all wearing IU gear.  As with you, no doubt De'Ron  saw us at his games.  And his mom too. 

37 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

Again, never said he’s a bad kid or meant any ill will.  Don’t know why you’re interpreting my comment that way

Go back a read your first comment! You called him "questionable", called out his game and alluded to him being a dull knife, all in one sentence. You can't hardly disrespect someone in a single sentence more than you did!

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Go back a read your first comment! You called him "questionable", called out his game and alluded to him being a dull knife, all in one sentence. You can't hardly disrespect someone in a single sentence more than you did!

My goodness some of you are thick.  Yes that is what I said.  Thank you for explaining my own comment to me.  Questionable as in I don’t think he’s going to make a large impact for us.  I really hope I’m wrong, but that’s my opinion right now.

Did I call out his character?  No. That’s what I’ve been trying to defend.  

10 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

My goodness some of you are thick.  Yes that is what I said.  Thank you for explaining my own comment to me.  Questionable as in I don’t think he’s going to make a large impact for us.  I really hope I’m wrong, but that’s my opinion right now.

That’s at least twice you’ve alluded to members of this community being less than intelligent, myself included among them. 

My suggestion to you moving forward, contrary to your belief that this place is inhabited by a bunch of folks of questionable intelligence, try to assume some of us are at least as sharp as you. A lot of us have a great deal of experience posting in this community or communities like it, and many of us are very careful with our words. It’s a quality you may wish to emulate.

26 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

All I said is you disrespected DA about as much as you possibly could, and the response is I'm Thick. Not to toot my own horn, but I do have a MENSA ID number! You better find a different commentary to disrespect me!

6 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

That’s at least twice you’ve alluded to members of this community being less than intelligent, myself included among them. 

My suggestion to you moving forward, contrary to your belief that this place is inhabited by a bunch of folks of questionable intelligence, try to assume some of us are at least as sharp as you. A lot of us have a great deal of experience posting in this community or communities like it, and many of us are very careful with our words. It’s a quality you may wish to emulate.

So I’m just supposed to sit here and take it while I’m called out for stuff I never said?  I defended and stated my position three times. Two posters didn’t seem to understand what I clearly explained three times, so I called them thick.  

The comment that you are referring to about me calling you unintelligent was literally me saying “You’re really overthinking this”.  That’s calling you less than intelligent? Toughen up buddy.

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

All I said is you disrespected DA about as much as you possibly could, and the response is I'm Thick. Not to toot my own horn, but I do have a MENSA ID number! You better find a different commentary to disrespect me!

Pulling out the Mensa card.  Haven’t seen that on the internets in quite a while. r/iamverysmart

4 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

So I’m just supposed to sit here and take it while I’m called out for stuff I never said?  I defended and stated my position three times. Two posters didn’t seem to understand what I clearly explained three times, so I called them thick.  

The comment that you are referring to about me calling you unintelligent was literally me saying “You’re really overthinking this”.  That’s calling you less than intelligent? Toughen up buddy.

You tend towards glibness (referring to people as “thick”), you’re generally rude, and you actually do attack members of the community all the while. It’s against community guidelines, you should take a gander through and refamilarize yourself.

As for my level of toughness, I’m fine where and how I am. I am in no need of your postulating and suggesting I am somehow insufficient in that area.

5 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

You tend towards glibness (referring to people as “thick”), you’re generally rude, and you actually do attack members of the community all the while. It’s against community guidelines, you should take a gander through and refamilarize yourself.

As for my level of toughness, I’m fine where and how I am. I am in no need of your postulating and suggesting I am somehow insufficient in that area.

Is it possible for you guys just to PM each other with your senseless bickering on a RL thread?

12 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

As for “sitting there and taking it?” Sure, when people call you out and you then walk back your comments to better explain yourself, generally, a bigger man would swallow their pride and politely excuse their initial comments and then open up about either what they really meant to say or would now say based on what others have brought to the conversation.

Archived