Romeo Langford

I've been a member of both boards for some time.  This one actually a whole lot longer.  I've posted over there a little more as of late.  Haven't posted alot in general lately as I got married a couple years back and have a 7 month old now.  I just don't understand the negative tone with the battle between boards and that's coming from somebody who loves to debate and bicker back and forth.  Both boards offer good info and have people that have insider information.  I grew up with this board and think alot of all the posters here, we have had some good times.  Just don't understand the negativity towards Peegs and Rabjohns.  They do a great job and work hard at it.  They have quality info and great interviews and do have stuff worthy of paying monthly.  Matt Weaver does a tremendous job on the football side of things.   Rabjohns got burnt terribly by the Garlands so I don't blame him for being cautious.  I can tell you he deserves alot of credit for not just blowing his lid and calling them out, because the stunts they pulled were ridiculous and quite frankly made me glad not to get the kid or be associated with him.  All that being said, this is a great site.  Everyone has done a tremendous job.  It is FREE and you can't beat that.  The creators and mods deserve a ton of credit for keeping this group together and running for many years through many different sites.  Just wish there wasn't negativity from both sides because I think it's great there are multiple sites where you can get information about IU sports.  I am a proud member of both boards.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bryan200088 said:

I've been a member of both boards for some time.  This one actually a whole lot longer.  I've posted over there a little more as of late.  Haven't posted alot in general lately as I got married a couple years back and have a 7 month old now.  I just don't understand the negative tone with the battle between boards and that's coming from somebody who loves to debate and bicker back and forth.  Both boards offer good info and have people that have insider information.  I grew up with this board and think alot of all the posters here, we have had some good times.  Just don't understand the negativity towards Peegs and Rabjohns.  They do a great job and work hard at it.  They have quality info and great interviews and do have stuff worthy of paying monthly.  Matt Weaver does a tremendous job on the football side of things.   Rabjohns got burnt terribly by the Garlands so I don't blame him for being cautious.  I can tell you he deserves alot of credit for not just blowing his lid and calling them out, because the stunts they pulled were ridiculous and quite frankly made me glad not to get the kid or be associated with him.  All that being said, this is a great site.  Everyone has done a tremendous job.  It is FREE and you can't beat that.  The creators and mods deserve a ton of credit for keeping this group together and running for many years through many different sites.  Just wish there wasn't negativity from both sides because I think it's great there are multiple sites where you can get information about IU sports.  I am a proud member of both boards.

I don't think you will find any negativity from any of the staff here toward any other IU board.

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I don't think you will find any negativity from any of the staff here toward any other IU board.

Ehh DJ there was already some in this thread.  I'm not in this thread to fight, more like try to stop a little bit a the bickering.  Today is too important to have debates about which board is better.  Because both are great.    Oh and on a side note....interesting development apparently Joe Cremo from Albany is planning to visit Kansas this weekend.  Grad transfer that is a guard....interesting development

38 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

I don’t disagree with your sentiment...but, I think IU is pretty well positioned to make significant noise as early as next year...especially with Romeo in the fold.

The more I think about it, IU will probably surprise a lot of people next season. Throw in Romeo and we are a tourney team for sure.

Just now, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Actually, the only real "negativity" that I've seen with any regularity is in the reliability of the opposing board's 'experts' - usually because that poster made an incorrect prediction sometime in the past.  Any message board with a large, passionate membership will have a certain number of 'difficult' posters.

BTW, last Friday in a discussion, Mile's name came up and was, from what I read, unanimously complimentary toward him.

Archived