Romeo Langford

5 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Here is a quote from Daniels from the 247 board 

As we come down the stretch of Romeo Langford's recruitment, I feel more confident than ever about my Crystal Ball pick of Indiana. 

I'd be surprised if it wasn't a GREAT day for Hoosier fans.”

Told ya last week, that Evan is a good guy.  When I was moderating on the old Scout platform, he would always reply to my PM's to him, and or to questions I posed to him on the board.  And he never hid behind a paywall. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Haha, already moving to the "next"!?

Good to see ya back around, missed ya here!

Glad to be back posting a bit here and there Blue!  Yeah I'm not really sure what to make of it but Coach acted like there might be something interesting brewing in the next couple weeks

1 minute ago, Hoosierdave said:

To quote the great Herb Brooks, " The name on the front of the jersey matters a hell of a lot more than the one on the back!"

Go Hoosiers!

Or Nate McMillan in yesterdays press conference, they want players to come to Indiana that care for the name on the front of the jersey! 

Reading between the lines (with permanently implanted crimson contact lenses), I think the coaches were notified on Saturday as is rumored.  The announcement of the guard visiting KU and their expert flipping to IU (which is apparently his M.O.) has many on their board essentially conceding.  On the VU site, albeit with a miniscule sample size, they seem to be oblivious to (perhaps just unaware of) the avalanche of signs.

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Who might that be?

His visit started last night. Can't remember if it was this thread or another. 6'10 guy who shot 44% from 3 last year. Love the options and spacing having a big who can shoot like that allows. Plus it's never a bad idea to show future recruits how a 6'10 player who can shoot will be utilized in our system. 

2 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

I can't get excited about this 6-10 grad transfer.  I don't know.  I guess it is just another body but I can't see him contributing a whole lot.  Hope I am way off though

He doesn't have to contribute a lot to help a ton. 

Just now, bryan200088 said:

I can't get excited about this 6-10 grad transfer.  I don't know.  I guess it is just another body but I can't see him contributing a whole lot.  Hope I am way off though

Many said the same about Max Bielfeldt. 

I think it's safe to say none of us are mad about that addition to the 2015-16 team.

Personally, I like Fitzner. 

11 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I think IU is getting the 6-10 grad transfer as well.  

Speaking of 6'10 kids. I did talk to DeRon this week. He is out of his boot and was walking from the union to cook hall. Working hard in rehab but he did put a lot of weight back on it appeared. Good sign he is out of the boot already.

3 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Were there more accomplished guys out there? Sure. But, St. Mary's is a really good program, so you know he's been well coached. Also, with Morgan operating so well on the block and Langford (assuming he comes :)) drawing so much attention, having a big in the Max Beilfeldt mold that can knock down open 3's could be a huge asset to this team. 

I know his numbers aren't great, again neither were Beilfeldt's coming from Michigan, this could be a really underrated signing if it happens. Some times fit is much more important than raw talent.

5 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

A one year flier on a 6'10 kid, no harm.

I agree Btown that's true.  I'm curious as to who this special guest is this evening at the Romeo announcement that alot of people have been mentioning.  Supposedly if it was known it would have given away his choice.  Archie.....Damon?  Heck I don't know.  But definitely curious.

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

Speaking of 6'10 kids. I did talk to DeRon this week. He is out of his boot and was walking from the union to cook hall. Working hard in rehab but he did put a lot of weight back on it appeared. Good sign he is out of the boot already.

Fantastic! I like DeRon a lot. A good kid with skills and a good motor.

I agree with the idea that his skill set isn’t necessarily the most compatible with Archie’s system. But, for the sake of matchups, if his foot speed and defensive acuity pick up (which is the goal), he’s a big body that eats up space and will match up effectively against opposing bigs in some games.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Were there more accomplished guys out there? Sure. But, St. Mary's is a really good program, so you know he's been well coached. Also, with Morgan operating so well on the block and Langford (assuming he comes :)) drawing so much attention, having a big in the Max Beilfeldt mold that can knock down open 3's could be a huge asset to this team. 

I know his numbers aren't great, again neither were Beilfeldt's coming from Michigan, this could be a really underrated signing if it happens. Some times fit is much more important than raw talent.

His numbers aren't bad either, at least Per40. 14.1 pts and 7.7 rebs while shooting .414 from 3 and .781 from the line. I'll take it as the last scholly for 1 year given there's no far superior option out there at the time (like a 2019 5* wanting to commit/reclassify). 

Archived