Romeo Langford

7 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

I can't get excited about this 6-10 grad transfer.  I don't know.  I guess it is just another body but I can't see him contributing a whole lot.  Hope I am way off though

I can't see how having him for 1 year is a bad thing.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

I can't get excited about this 6-10 grad transfer.  I don't know.  I guess it is just another body but I can't see him contributing a whole lot.  Hope I am way off though

I don't mind snagging a grad transfer center considering the uncertainty of Deron's recovery. It'd make me less nervous about our depth at center if something bad were to have to Deron again this season.

I do however feel that getting a PG is equally as important. Phinisee is a solid player but freshman naturally make mistakes. Also, Devonte made me want to pull my hair out at times over some of his decision making. Getting someone who can run the floor and take care of the ball is so important to success.  

7 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

I agree Btown that's true.  I'm curious as to who this special guest is this evening at the Romeo announcement that alot of people have been mentioning.  Supposedly if it was known it would have given away his choice.  Archie.....Damon?  Heck I don't know.  But definitely curious.

He's going to give a rose to his new girlfriend who attends IU :x I think her name is Juliet.

1 minute ago, RoadToZion said:

Special guest?

Pardon the interruption, but here's an odd random thought that keeps coming to me, could the special guest be Rob Phinisee?

I guess I saw it as a good sign when Phinisee attended the regionals. As I said, one of those random thoughts that keeps nagging at back of my mind. 

Now back to work before the boss lady finds me on HSN. 😉

2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I don't mind snagging a grad transfer center considering the uncertainty of Deron's recovery. It'd make me less nervous about our depth at center if something bad were to have to Deron again this season.

I do however feel that getting a PG is equally as important. Phinisee is a solid player but freshman naturally make mistakes. Also, Devonte made me want to pull my hair out at times over some of his decision making. Getting someone who can run the floor and take care of the ball is so important to success.  

My question: in Phinisee do we have a Yogi caliber talent and mind already at such a young age? People around here know him and his game pretty well. Can we expect Yogi-as-a-freshman production from RP?

1 minute ago, zerawkid said:

My question: in Phinisee do we have a Yogi caliber talent and mind already at such a young age? People around here know him and his game pretty well. Can we expect Yogi-as-a-freshman production from RP?

Maybe not quite that significant, but definitely productive. He will have solid players to deliver the ball to, plus he can shoot it. I've seen him play several times....will be absolutely solid on both ends. 

25 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

I'd be excited to have actual depth at the 5 position rather than forcing Morgan or others to guard the 5 risking foul trouble. This kid is no slouch averaging 9 points a game as a freshmen for a very talented St Mary's team but who had had to play behind Jock Landale and lost minutes. It's not Romeo Langford exciting but it could be a very nice piece to the puzzle for a deep tourney run next year. Especially if DeRon has trouble coming back into form. 

8 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Special guest?

Yeah don't know what to make of it.  Maybe it's nothing but people on the other site and a couple other places keep talking about there being a special guest at Romeo's announcement.  Maybe it's nothing.  But people sure are adamant.  And they act like if it was found out it would give away his choice so they have kept it quiet.  I have no clue just seems to be alot of smoke behind the rumor.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

Good morning fellas! Glad to wake up to a flurry of good news this morning. There was some debate as to if we needed another big or shooter as a grad transfer. I thought we needed a big. What’s there complain about because it looks like this kid is both! 

We've talked about this before. Personally, I feel the shooter part is more important than the big, but if we're getting a shooter and a big in the same package, then I'm good. We just need to make sure we can space the floor around Langford and Morgan (should they both be here). 

1 minute ago, zerawkid said:

I don't think he has the supporting cast that YF had his Frosh year.

17 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Were there more accomplished guys out there? Sure. But, St. Mary's is a really good program, so you know he's been well coached. Also, with Morgan operating so well on the block and Langford (assuming he comes :)) drawing so much attention, having a big in the Max Beilfeldt mold that can knock down open 3's could be a huge asset to this team. 

I know his numbers aren't great, again neither were Beilfeldt's coming from Michigan, this could be a really underrated signing if it happens. Some times fit is much more important than raw talent.

A Bielfeldt type big that can shoot would be exactly what this team needs next season.  

3 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

I haven't seen Rob play in person so I'm 100% not the right person for this question, but I doubt anyone would claim him to be Yogi good at this point. You're talking about the all-time assist leader in Indiana program history. I think people forget how incredible he was as a player. 

I think that Rob's ceiling is very high and has a tremendous skillset & attitude that we will need for the next 4 years.

an6el 317 posts

53 minutes agovia Mobile

Sorry dude I get so many dms I'm too lazy to answer all of them, this isn't my job. All you need to know is that despite what people are guessing, Romeo is announcing for Kansas today. Enjoy your day

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This guys is still pretty confident, or just having fun being a TROLL..............

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

an6el 317 posts

53 minutes agovia Mobile

Sorry dude I get so many dms I'm too lazy to answer all of them, this isn't my job. All you need to know is that despite what people are guessing, Romeo is announcing for Kansas today. Enjoy your day

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This guys is still pretty confident, or just having fun being a TROLL..............

This guy will vanish in thin air right about the time the shirtstorm hits at 7:01 this evening.

Archived