Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dyedinthewool said:

2 1/2 pages to go. My money is on the over.

About a week/47 pages ago I thought there was no way we would hit 300. But here we are in crunch time and so close. I think we hit 300 before 7pm. No doubt we will be in the 315-325 page count by midnight if everything goes how we hope it will. 

My guess for the special guest at this announcement is either the mayor of New Albany, Damon or Vic.  How long has it been known that a special guest will be present?  If it was just recently announced and made public, with Vic now being available this wouldn't surprise me.  But I thought awhile back it was mentioned about the mayor being present, but would he be classified as a "special guest"?  

9 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

an6el 317 posts

53 minutes agovia Mobile

Sorry dude I get so many dms I'm too lazy to answer all of them, this isn't my job. All you need to know is that despite what people are guessing, Romeo is announcing for Kansas today. Enjoy your day

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This guys is still pretty confident, or just having fun being a TROLL..............

Man, this guy must really be plugged in. More so than their top sports reporter who just threw in the towel. Matt Scott is CONNECTED to KU Hoops

Capture.PNG.3bb47c5e462e8c0450fc5caed80c

16 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Yeah don't know what to make of it.  Maybe it's nothing but people on the other site and a couple other places keep talking about there being a special guest at Romeo's announcement.  Maybe it's nothing.  But people sure are adamant.  And they act like if it was found out it would give away his choice so they have kept it quiet.  I have no clue just seems to be alot of smoke behind the rumor.

Rabby started hinting this a week ago. I think its Shawn East committing to walk on at IU.

5 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

My guess for the special guest at this announcement is either the mayor of New Albany, Damon or Vic.  How long has it been known that a special guest will be present?  If it was just recently announced and made public, with Vic now being available this wouldn't surprise me.  But I thought awhile back it was mentioned about the mayor being present, but would he be classified as a "special guest"?  

If this rumor of a special guest is true, then he has to be choosing IU. 

Hard to fathom a special guest appearance in Indiana to represent KU.

Unless it IS the mayor.  Who knows?

The mayor is likely the “special guest” and the grad transfer from St. Mary’s will be a solid addition. RP isn’t as touted as Yogi was coming out, but rankings mean nothing once you reach the next level. RP is good and will help us in a major way from day one.

5 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

If this rumor of a special guest is true, then he has to be choosing IU. 

Hard to fathom a special guest appearance in Indiana to represent KU.

Unless it IS the mayor.  Who knows?

I agree, cant imagine him choosing a "special guest" that has no ties to Indiana and selecting Kansas.  The mayor is very pro IU i believe, I heard that from here in one of the 297 pages haha

Another "Special Guest" twist, could it be Shawn East and hes including him into the decision tonight?  Just a thought

18 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

an6el 317 posts

53 minutes agovia Mobile

Sorry dude I get so many dms I'm too lazy to answer all of them, this isn't my job. All you need to know is that despite what people are guessing, Romeo is announcing for Kansas today. Enjoy your day

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This guys is still pretty confident, or just having fun being a TROLL..............

Guy reminds me of BtownInsider. Won't be heard from again after the announcement, or he'll come back and say "SELF SCREWED IT UP!"

39 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

I agree Btown that's true.  I'm curious as to who this special guest is this evening at the Romeo announcement that alot of people have been mentioning.  Supposedly if it was known it would have given away his choice.  Archie.....Damon?  Heck I don't know.  But definitely curious.

RMK LOL!

11 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Rabby started hinting this a week ago. I think its Shawn East committing to walk on at IU.

Listening to a live stream of a radio station in New Albany area right now.  They had on Rick Bozich, Tim Langford and Jim Shannon -- and it was mentioned a couple times that there would special guests tonight but they did not elaborate.

7 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

The mayor is very pro IU i believe, I heard that from here in one of the 297 pages haha

The only time Jeff Gahan has lived outside of New Albany is when he attended Indiana Univeristy.

I have been told, that as much a fan of IU the mayor is..... his wife is even more so.

15 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

The mayor is likely the “special guest” and the grad transfer from St. Mary’s will be a solid addition. RP isn’t as touted as Yogi was coming out, but rankings mean nothing once you reach the next level. RP is good and will help us in a major way from day one.

The mayor will absolutely be there, but I don't think he is this newly rumored special guest. The mayor has been planning on going for a while now. 

Archived