Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SoInHoosier25 said:

The mayor will absolutely be there, but I don't think he is this newly rumored special guest. The mayor has been planning on going for a while now. 

I just wasn’t going to overplay it. I’d say that he’s definitely been planning on going from the time that it was announced. Could be Damon Bailey, or anyone related to the program really...

I go back a long way with this group and longer with IU.  Not as long as Mile, but long none the less.   Been with this forum through multiple sites and started at IU in the fall of 1969.

I am excited for IU basketball in a way that I have not been for a while, both for the short and the long term.  Romeo is the icing on the cake that Archie is baking for IU.

I would like to thank the mods, those with inside information, and the passionate fan, regular posters for making this THE place to share in the excitement!

GO HOOSIERS! 

32 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

an6el 317 posts

53 minutes agovia Mobile

Sorry dude I get so many dms I'm too lazy to answer all of them, this isn't my job. All you need to know is that despite what people are guessing, Romeo is announcing for Kansas today. Enjoy your day

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This guys is still pretty confident, or just having fun being a TROLL..............

He's the one who finally accepted a 10k bet with an IU guy over there. He at 1st was saying send my your bank info and verify you have the 10k funds before I'll make the bet. 

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I was told Romeo in fact has already signed, did it Saturday before Prom.  I have some ideas on the special guest but haven’t heard anything concrete.  Sean East would make sense, he has committed to play elsewhere as of yet.

Wonderful news. If that's the case, then Damon or Vic would be contenders for the special guest given that they may have told Archie they'd like to do something special for Romeo if he did choose IU and Archie passed that along to Romeo when he committed.

4 minutes ago, IUB74 said:

I go back a long way with this group and longer with IU.  Not as long as Mile, but long none the less.   Been with this forum forum through multiple sites and started at IU in the fall of 1969.

I am excited for IU basketball in a way that I have not been for a while, both for the short and the long term.  Romeo is the icing on the cake that Archie is baking for IU.

I would like to thank the mods, those with inside information, and the passionate fan, regular posters for making this THE place to share in the excitement!

GO HOOSIERS! 

Thank you for your loyalty, and kind words !

46 minutes ago, BGleas said:

We've talked about this before. Personally, I feel the shooter part is more important than the big, but if we're getting a shooter and a big in the same package, then I'm good. We just need to make sure we can space the floor around Langford and Morgan (should they both be here). 

Yeah we have and I would trust your judgement more than mine in this system because I haven’t fully ‘gotten it’ yet. It’s kind of ironic for me because I’m all for the new positionless style and always valued guard/wing play over inside play in the modern game but DD scares me and that’s a lot of pressure on Morgan to add O and also stay out of value trouble at the ‘5’. 

We’re finally ‘blessed’ and we shouldn’t need to worry about player personnel decisions because we’ve got the right guy in here. Usually I’d be stressed and unsure but now I’m totally fine with the types of players we’re picking up in ‘marginal’ spots like this and trust the staff completely.

18 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Wonderful news. If that's the case, then Damon or Vic would be contenders for the special guest given that they may have told Archie they'd like to do something special for Romeo if he did choose IU and Archie passed that along to Romeo when he committed.

Don’t think it’s Vic, he flew out for the week tobe with his trainer.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Don't know if just wishful thinking I did gear Vic.

Not saying you're wrong, but I would find it hard to believe that he would have agreed to come prior to now. If the Pacers had won yesterday, they would have been traveling to Toronto no later than today for Game 1 tomorrow.

Okay, I probably shouldn’t leak this, but I know you guys will keep it to yourselves.

I may be the special guest.  I was told (confidentially of course) that if everyone else, alive or dead, who ever used the letters “I” and “U” in the same sentence, turned them down, that I would be their first choice.

Bursting with pride!

Archived